Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Madden 2013

I figured I would go ahead and make a Madden 2013 thread. Here are the first batch of rankings:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...en-nfl-13#more
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the direction this game is going in letting you play Superstar mode online against other people...however I wont buy a MAdden again until you can play superstar with people on your same team online.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to rent it.

I bought Madden 12 and was pretty pumped since it was my first Madden on either 360 or PS3 and man was I disappointed.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't purchased a Madden game since 2008. Other things in life got in the way, but my PS3 is sitting in it's box just gathering dust and I feel obligated to use it. I need to purchase a new TV first though. My old one is a tube and is just terrible. I've paid close attention to the game this year, and although a lot of people bag on it being the same product every year, I like what they've done with the new "franchise" mode. At least what I've heard, and since it's been a while I think I might take a chance and buy this one...assuming I get the chance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I like the direction this game is going in letting you play Superstar mode online against other people...however I wont buy a MAdden again until you can play superstar with people on your same team online.
A friend and I have wanted that for years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked 2012 *shrug*
I didn't buy 2011 either. Don't remember about 2010 though

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The full list of QB ratings should be out today - I am getting a little more excited about the whole infinity engine and updated physics of the game. I am a little bummed that offline franchise is being replaced by the connected career mode - I like playing Madden offline and NCAA online. Last year I thought the roster expansion was great. The only real negative for me is the lack of an option to edit players (i.e change RE to LE/OLB to DE etc.) The Madden update rosters are not always the most accurate.

I will post the QB ratings when they are released. I hate how ESPN basically took over the whole rating release.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They took out pretty much everything I enjoyed this year...but connected careers is atleast a step in getting progress to the madden franchise.

No fantasy drafts....no importing draft classes....no multiple team franchises. Not sure I'm buying the RPG part of it having an big impact but we'll see.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the complete quarterback rankings.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-madden-nfl-13

Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christian Ponder's rating just doesn't make sense...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt McCoy is rated higher than Brandon Weeden...

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
They took out pretty much everything I enjoyed this year...but connected careers is atleast a step in getting progress to the madden franchise.

No fantasy drafts....no importing draft classes....no multiple team franchises. Not sure I'm buying the RPG part of it having an big impact but we'll see.
Wait.....WHAT?!?! This connected careers thing officially sucks. I always run 1 franchise as the Giants, one as a fantasy team and maybe a superstar mode(I never play online, too many annoying 12 year olds). I always loved importing draft classes too so I could continue a franchise at least a few years, but nope, not any more.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of the posts that were on that page...Andrew Luck and RGIII being better than half the starters in the game is simply ridiculous. They haven't taken 1 snap in the NFL...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Colt McCoy is rated higher than Brandon Weeden...
Tim Tebow is higher than both of them

Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thinking about getting this just because the Colts are going to be so different this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I agree with most of the posts that were on that page...Andrew Luck and RGIII being better than half the starters in the game is simply ridiculous. They haven't taken 1 snap in the NFL...
Yea I noticed that too, I would certainly put Alex Smith and Andy Dalton ahead of them, but they love to overrate rookies.

EDIT: Wow, they gave RG3 a ****** awareness so he wouldn't be too good, if he had even a 70 awareness he would probably be a top 10 QB in this game with those other overalls

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 08-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm just going to rent it.

I bought Madden 12 and was pretty pumped since it was my first Madden on either 360 or PS3 and man was I disappointed
Exactly this.

Madden is still fun to play with a few buddies, but man is it ever a far cry from what it used to be. It's a shame really.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Exactly this.

Madden is still fun to play with a few buddies, but man is it ever a far cry from what it used to be. It's a shame really.
It's become a monopoly with no competition so they can afford to make no changes whatsoever year in and year out and still makes money since it is the only NFL game out there.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Christian Ponder's rating just doesn't make sense...
Since when do Madden ratings make sense.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Yea I noticed that too, I would certainly put Alex Smith and Andy Dalton ahead of them, but they love to overrate rookies.

EDIT: Wow, they gave RG3 a ****** awareness so he wouldn't be too good, if he had even a 70 awareness he would probably be a top 10 QB in this game with those other overalls
LOL. Of course. That's how they always get a player's overall down if an athlete's physical traits are through the roof.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. I really hope it's good this year. I decided not to buy NCAA 13 this year and am really hoping Madden is good finally. It's been years since I've bought a Madden.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because brandon weeden is terrible.
That's a damn lie, not-Gimli.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just in case you are all wondering once again I will not be buying Madden

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i get it every year because we usually play it every weekend with friends and family when we have football sunday.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't decide between the 360 version or the PS3 version. Thoughts?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote