Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just played the demo, really upset. I don't really like it...like at all

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
If a pass isn't perfect it's picked off. RG3 is an animal. LeSean McCoy is the best player in the game. If you know these things, you'll be fine.
I just played the demo on all-pro, and didn't experience this. I threw at least 2 passes that shouldve been picked easily, and i shouldve had a couple as well. I just dont like it

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sucks balls....
Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just Madden. I'm as disappointed as everyone about the franchise stuff, but it's still fun.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows game play?

Is the AI still dumb or SUPER HUMAN?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's improved over last year, more realistic blocking, less passes dropped that shouldn't be and vice versa. Same issue since the highlight stick was added in that it's a little too easy to break tackles. AI is fine, I've yet to see any unbelievable play within the game thus far.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People expect Madden to be the most perfect game ever, when in reality I think they might just suck at the game.

I never hear people complain about how unrealistic the playbooks are, which in reality would take days to scroll through just one. Maybe that will be the next thing to ***** about.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just wait for it to come on sale. Plus EA already announced a patch in like two weeks (no details though). Last year it only took about a month or maybe less for it to be $45.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm I the only one who can't save their Profile on the PS3? I can save my roster but as far as game play options and settings, it won't save anything and its annoying as hell having to change everything when I restart the game.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it so far, my only real complaints are that there aren't anymore fantasy drafts and that you can't do a multi-user franchise. That takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, I mean sure I'm in some online franchises, but I go over my buddies house a handful of times a month and start up a franchise with me, him and his little brother and we do a fantasy draft and play for about 5 hours.

iI'm sure they will add these two things to next years version.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Fantasy drafts in all sports games are the ****, the thing is I don't think it would work with the way they structured the stories within the Career mode. I think they were very much dedicated to making things "realistic" and got carried away.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Ok so where the **** is franchise mode in this game?
It's in connected careers...just choose to be a head coach and it's bascially what franchise it.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superstar mode is actually pretty fun. They made some big changes that made it more enjoyable, usually when you played WR you couldn't call plays or anything, now they at least let me select the plays and pass all game if I want, or run all game if I'm a RB. Like the way the WR fights for the ball when the ball is in the air.

They got rid of that stupid animation where if you were a WR tracking a deep ball, when you pushed the catch button your momentum would carry you well past the ball with your arms stretched in front of your body while the Safety high points the ball 5 yards ahead of you. Now I've been leaving the ground to go get it.

Practice mode just isn't useless practices, it's practice scenarios that go from easy to hard and earn you xp that go towards buying upgrades whether for speed or stiff arm or whatever. Still early on into it so I'll need to see what wrinkles it provides to make it more interesting.

Still though, interviews are lacking. You should be able to answer questions and be a team player or me first, that should go into contract negotiations and if the team wants you, or tries to trade you if you alienate the locker room. Was hoping for that aspect of it.

I think there is a lot of replay value here though, and actually worth playing which is honestly a 1st for me in the series. I am running 1 with Dez now, then I'm going to try out the face time and create myself, and the legends mode should be plenty fun as I've always felt that would be a pretty cool spin.

Montana, Steve Young, Aikman, Elway, Emmitt, Faulk, Barry Sanders, Payton, Irvin, Rice, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, etc. Ton of guys in there I want to play with.

I usually devote all my time to franchise mode and I'll get into that on the weekend, but it's at least nice to know I'll actually play superstar mode for the first time even though there is a TON of room for growth here in terms of where they could take this mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know ANYONE who uses the fantasy draft mode on Madden. I actually never knew it existed really lol. I was surprised to come in here and see this much of a uproar over it. But then again, I don't play fantasy football so maybe that has something to do with it.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Add me bro!
Once I get home I will be sure to.

Do any of you guys play MUT (Madden Ultimate Team)?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Horrible menu navigation (http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/27/ma...-13-scares-me/)
- Botched franchise mode
- No editing players
- No fantasy draft
- Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, John Elway, Lawrence Taylor and Marshall Faulk are all part of conflicting store exclusive pre-orders, making it impossible to enjoy all of them in the game unless you buy it 5 times
- The same old broken gameplay

This is why I don't give money to this joke of a franchise.

Still the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Legends you mentioned I'm pretty sure you can get them in MUT which can then be used in connected careers. I don't like the menus either but the rest is kinda minimal.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the HELL did they get rid of franchise mode?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Why the HELL did they get rid of franchise mode?
Connected Career is basically franchise mode, just do it as a head coach.

This is the first Madden I bought since like 09 and I have to say I like what I see so far. The presentation is pretty cool, although the pile-ups after the play are a bit of an eye sore... hopefully they can fix that in a patch but if not, it's not too big of a deal. I'd still like to see the sidelines and fans be more animated and involved in the presentation... maybe even some trash talking or individual altercations on the field like RBs vs LBs or WRs vs CBs. Even breakdowns of individual battles going on throughout the game would be a welcomed addition, like an elite LT working against an elite pass rusher.

Definitely has more of a broadcast feel to it, which is what I was hoping for... but there is still a TON they can build upon and TBH it's a little disappointing because this game wants to look like a real NFL game but it's just not quite there. Different broadcast crews would be cool, would give a different feel to each game. Nantz and Sims are a nice duo but they should have Michaels/Colinsworth for SNF and Gruden/Tirico for MNF ... those prime time games just don't feel legit with Nantz and Sims. The Show and NBA2k still trump Madden by a good margin in the presentation department.

Will post more later on gameplay and connected career...

Last edited by TheFinisher : 08-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the announcers actually know the players names this year? I hated it last year when Gus Johnson would yell "THE QUARTERBACK hands it off" "The quarterback throws deep!" I was using Cam Newton & Tim Tebow. It's not like its some 4th string nobody. My roommate and I would honestly laugh every time at that crap.

I know I could turn off the commentary but I generally like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there was one reason to buy this game I'd say it's the precision passing. Never have you been able to really throw the ball at someones feet. Yesterday in one of my first games I'm throwing a crossing route. The WR comes all the way across the formation and instead of throwing some ****** high pass that gets him lit up by the LB sitting in the zone...the ball actually goes down the field and he makes a nice adjustment and rumbles on for 20 yards. Being able to throw to any area on the field with your QB is what really separates this game from any other ones for me. A lot of my gripes about Madden 12 (super LBr's CB's and S's dropping easy picks. I played maybe 10 games yesterday against my roommates and I thought they did a good job on the gameplay. 13 is getting lots of people bitching about the physics engine and how stupid it is sometimes. But outside of players falling over after the play...I found the tackling and general player movements to be a noticeable improvement for last years game.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beast has spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rented it and do feel it's improved but I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on it. I think part of the reason I'm not really in to it is I'm just burnt out on Madden.

I have been playing Madden as long as I can remember and I'm not sure there is really anything they can do to get me excited to play.

I'm not even really blaming EA, I'm just not in to it like I used to be.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I rented it and do feel it's improved but I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on it. I think part of the reason I'm not really in to it is I'm just burnt out on Madden.

I have been playing Madden as long as I can remember and I'm not sure there is really anything they can do to get me excited to play.

I'm not even really blaming EA, I'm just not in to it like I used to be.
I feel like there is A LOT they can do. They're just too lazy to do it. Why put a ton of effort into the game when it's a cash cow regardless?

Of course, if they were intelligent, they could win the love of the fans and increase the popularity of the brand even further if they put out quality games. A lot of us don't buy it because we don't buy into their nonsense. They could easily win us all back and profit if they tried.

Look at the NBA 2k series. Sure, there is a lot they could do creatively to make the game better, but at the very least they put out a game with superb gameplay every year. Madden puts out a game devoid of new/interesting/creative features and with subpar/average gameplay.

Like seriously, where the **** is online 2v2 coop? Easy to implement and would add a huge new dimension to the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I feel like there is A LOT they can do. They're just too lazy to do it. Why put a ton of effort into the game when it's a cash cow regardless?

Of course, if they were intelligent, they could win the love of the fans and increase the popularity of the brand even further if they put out quality games. A lot of us don't buy it because we don't buy into their nonsense. They could easily win us all back and profit if they tried.

Look at the NBA 2k series. Sure, there is a lot they could do creatively to make the game better, but at the very least they put out a game with superb gameplay every year. Madden puts out a game devoid of new/interesting/creative features and with subpar/average gameplay.

Like seriously, where the **** is online 2v2 coop? Easy to implement and would add a huge new dimension to the game.
It doesn't really make sense to me that Madden doesn't get better, but year after year a game made by the same company, albeit not the same studio (Fifa), gets better and better and better.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote