Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most frustrating thing is that David Wilson gets no opportunity, yet we all know he could be a big play guy.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont' think it's fair to downplay Alfred Morris simply because he's in the Shanny ZBS scheme. We dont' have a great line and it's no different than Arian Foster and what he has surrounding him. Really the only thing Morris lacks is break away speed. He has excellent vision, power, and decisiveness. There is no wasted movement with Morris, he never dances he hits the holes but is also surprisingly shifty finding the cutback lanes. His biggest asset though is that he always falls forward for positive gains, he reminds me in that sense of Stephen Davis. He's 3rd in the league in rushing behind AD who has a game up on him and one yard behind Arian Foster. That's nothing to sleep on.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I dont' think it's fair to downplay Alfred Morris simply because he's in the Shanny ZBS scheme. We dont' have a great line and it's no different than Arian Foster and what he has surrounding him. Really the only thing Morris lacks is break away speed. He has excellent vision, power, and decisiveness. There is no wasted movement with Morris, he never dances he hits the holes but is also surprisingly shifty finding the cutback lanes. His biggest asset though is that he always falls forward for positive gains, he reminds me in that sense of Stephen Davis. He's 3rd in the league in rushing behind AD who has a game up on him and one yard behind Arian Foster. That's nothing to sleep on.
Sadly, that Shanahan 'stigma' won't disappear until either Morris plays without the ZBS.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think that's fair to say because all of the other Redskins backs suck. I found it quite funny how people thought Evan Royster would actually be decent this year.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Morris second behind G3 in the offensive rookie of the year race?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris should be no higher than 6th, behind the rookie QBs.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
The most frustrating thing is that David Wilson gets no opportunity, yet we all know he could be a big play guy.
Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad. I seem to remember last year at various times Cruz screwing up massively and costing 6 points on different occasions but he always came through with a huge play. I honestly can't wait for him to start getting in more.

I also like Morris, but the bigger question there is longevity. If he got hurt and had to miss 3-4 games is he guaranteed to have his job back or is he back to 3rd string? You just never know with Shanny, and I won't know for sure how they value him when something like that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arian Foster only succeeds because of Kubiak's ZBS!

Did I do that right?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's irritating me is all the RG3/Luck hype this week. I never thought I'd be in a position to back him, but what Weeden is doing with a rookie supplemental pick, rookie 5th round pick, rookie practice squad guy, bust Greg Little, two pedestrian TEs and no running game is just as impressive as any of the other rookie QBs. It's pretty clear he's working with less then any of the others, plus the spectre of his coaches/GM's jobs on the line.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe and Jeff Allen are looking studly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
What's irritating me is all the RG3/Luck hype this week. I never thought I'd be in a position to back him, but what Weeden is doing with a rookie supplemental pick, rookie 5th round pick, rookie practice squad guy, bust Greg Little, two pedestrian TEs and no running game is just as impressive as any of the other rookie QBs. It's pretty clear he's working with less then any of the others, plus the spectre of his coaches/GM's jobs on the line.
I feel like all 3 have equal talent around them
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I feel like all 3 have equal talent around them
I think that is not true. Luck has Reggie Wayne and generally a superior set of receivers than Weeden has. RG3 may not play with talented receivers or pass protectors, but he is supported by a very good running game, which he helps with his mobility, but is still a significant assist in his efficiency. While I don't think that Weeden is at the level of Luck or RG3, he is in a less advantaged position than either of them.

Weeden, Luck, and RG3 all do have inferior supporting casts than Russell Wilson or Ryan Tannehill, however.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Scout View Post
Weeden, Luck, and RG3 all do have inferior supporting casts than Russell Wilson or Ryan Tannehill, however.
Lol... wut?

No. The Dolphins WRs are garbage. Their OL is shaky at best. Bush is a really good back but Tannehill's supporting cast is as bad as anyone's.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Lol... wut?

No. The Dolphins WRs are garbage. Their OL is shaky at best. Bush is a really good back but Tannehill's supporting cast is as bad as anyone's.
I was thinking that but wasn't sure if he was serious.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Lol... wut?

Umm do the names Devon Bess and Brian Hartline mean anything to you? Those guys are studs
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris succeeding bc the zbs is a load of bull. He was a nice find late in the draft and very impressive. I do agree though that having Griffin s threat of running is also a big boost.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Doug Martin 4 OROY. **** who dont like it.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Doug Martin 4 OROY. **** who dont like it.
He is close to RG3 I think it will depend on who has better stats at the end of the season but he is my favorite to win.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I see the point your trying to make, but don't try and force your point by calling them "rookie supplemental pick" and things like that. Josh Gordon is really good and will be really good. It doesn't matter if he was a real NFL draft pick or a supplemental pick. Then you ignore how good Trent Richardson is, and then say "no running game". You have a point about what Weeden is doing and I agree he's overlooked but don't try and make the situation worse then what it is because it just makes people ignore the point you were trying to make.

He doesn't have an all star cast, but Joe Thomas, Trent Richardson, Alex Mack, and Josh Gordon isn't a bad core to grow with at all. Of course it's not the best the league has to offer, but for argument sakes that's better then anything Sam Bradford has ever had his whole time in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He doesn't have an all star cast, but Joe Thomas, Trent Richardson, Alex Mack, and Josh Gordon isn't a bad core to grow with at all. Of course it's not the best the league has to offer, but for argument sakes that's better then anything Sam Bradford has ever had his whole time in the NFL.
Cleveland actually has some real nice pieces to build around when you look at that. I think Mitchel Schwartz can develop into a nice RT as well. If they could add some dependable guys at WR and get a stud interior offensive lineman then I see no reason why this offense can't take off.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you can add Rubin, Haden and Phil Taylor to the mix. But I agree this offensive core is not that bad at all.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raymell Rice is no Douglas Martin

Last edited by Breed : 11-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breed View Post
Ray Rice is no Douglas Martin
yeah, neither is AP.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Potter started at LT today, had the benefit of Clay Matthews sitting out, didn't look any worse than Batiste

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the Raiders-Bucs game today and Martin just ran absolutely wild.

He also seemed to be having a great time, as he spent a lot of time on the sidelines pumping up Bucs fans and blowing kisses to Raiders fans who flipped him off.

A lot of people didn't know this was a homecoming game for him. He was born and raised in Oakland, so it was nice to see him put on a show here.