Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o thanks for clearing that up, unless they are madly in love with Staley or Brown at LT that is a bad deal IMO.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We're not looking for a RT. Reggie Wells was moved their last season and he was our best linemen after that. In fact apart from the gaping hole at LT we are looking like a average line, which is a rarity for Cardinals .

I'd have no problem trading down with the Steelers and reaching for Staley provided we get a second rounder and a little more. It's Starks I object too.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
kris k
Rookie

kris k hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

PFT has retracted their earlier post about the Card's considering to trade their 5th overall pick for the Steelers Starks. They are now saying the rumor has no substance whatsoever and that the Cardinals haven't even conisdered a trade with the Steelers nor have they been contacted.
kris k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cardinals are notoriously cheap, i dont see the GM wanting to pay for the number 5 overall pick, look what happened with leinart last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
cardinals are notoriously cheap, i dont see the GM wanting to pay for the number 5 overall pick, look what happened with leinart last year.
He got paid more than people drafted in front of him?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
kris k
Rookie

kris k hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think your several years late with that tired remark Bengals1690. The one thing our GM Graves has done right is get our rookies in on time or at least early enough where the players dont miss significant and crucial mini-camp time as well as having contracts worth their draft status.

Last edited by kris k : 04-02-2007 at 12:07 AM.
kris k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Straks is a big boy, the Cardinals should trade for him to beef up their line.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Matt Straks is a big boy, the Cardinals should trade for him to beef up their line.
Max, but i would love that, take him off our hands and let willie colon start
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they had the biggest OL in the league last year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
lightsout
Rookie

lightsout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so profootballtalk confirmed the rumor that they started was false? lol
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Size is definitely an issue with the Cardinals' line, but not one that trading for Max Starks would solve.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:23 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one has mentioned it but Leinart is a lefty, which means that the RT, not the LT, is the most important guy in pass protection. Given that, Arizona would be stupid to trade for a guy who was one of the worst pass blocking starting RTs in the league, especially given their franchise player is their QB.

Pretty sure Edge would love this trade. This would be an awful trade if Thomas were to be available when the Cards pick. He is the ultimate fit for them at RT, he should flat out dominate the position.

If it was for Faneca, thats a good trade. There is a good chance they get a very good OL prospect at 15 or perhaps a LB or Hall and they get an elite OG who is familiar with the offensive scheme that you would have to expect the Cards will run this year.

Also makes sense for Pittsburgh obviously. They likely lose Faneca(Starks is very replacable) next year anyway, they move up and get an elite prospect like Adams or Anderson. I really like the trade from the Vikings stand point also, if the Steelers move up they will most likely take one of the linemen that I dont want the Vikes to look at.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote