Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys cut 5th round pick Danny Coale amongst others.

Quote:
Other players reportedly cut by the Cowboys include defensive end Clifton Geathers, defensive tackle Ben Bass, outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton, offensive tackle Pat McQuistan, guard Daniel Loper, center Harland Gunn, offensive tackle Jeff Adams, quarterback Rudy Carpenter, fullback Shaun Chapas and linebacker Orie Lemon.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets have started their final wave of cuts. No real notable names though:

Quote:
They have waived safety D’Anton Lynn (the son of running backs coach Anthony Lynn) and quarterback Matt Simms (son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms).

Also released, per Mehta: Wide receivers Joseph Collins and Eron Riley, tight end Tarren Lloyd, offensive linemen Paul Cornick, Fred Koloto, and Matt Kroul, defensive linemen Jay Richardson, Damon Harrison and Martin Tevaseu, linebackers Ricky Sapp, Marcus Dowtin and Brett Roy (injury settlement) defensive backs Donnie Fletcher, LeQuan Lewis, Julian Posey and Ryan Steed and punter Spencer Lanning.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol@Ricky Sapp. I remember when people thought he would/should be a first rounder.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Steed had a lot of hype leading up to the draft. I'm surprised he didn't make the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...marcus-thomas/

Giants have cut DT Marcus Thomas, recently made famous for an incorrect picture in the new Madden.

I bet the Giants are going to be scanning the waiver wire for any veteran DTs who are released. Their depth there consists of two guys who've never taken an NFL snap behind their starters.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which teams have good enough OL depth that they'll have to cut some decent players? Probably none, huh?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...marcus-thomas/

Giants have cut DT Marcus Thomas, recently made famous for an incorrect picture in the new Madden.

I bet the Giants are going to be scanning the waiver wire for any veteran DTs who are released. Their depth there consists of two guys who've never taken an NFL snap behind their starters.
Thomas looked good but he just wasn't here long enough. We're going to stick with what we have there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Which teams have good enough OL depth that they'll have to cut some decent players? Probably none, huh?
That's what I'd go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Thomas looked good but he just wasn't here long enough. We're going to stick with what we have there.
Unless someone else has been injured that I didn't hear about, I think Rogers will probably be your new IR-rule guy and then you just have to hope Marvin Austin hits the field....your depth is pretty bad.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jones has also been cut by the Giants.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I'd go with.

Unless someone else has been injured that I didn't hear about, I think Rogers will probably be your new IR-rule guy and then you just have to hope Marvin Austin hits the field....your depth is pretty bad.
It's going to be Terrell Thomas. Also, we swing Tuck and JPP in at DT a lot of snaps also. Once Canty gets off PUP we're more than fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's going to be Terrell Thomas. Also, we swing Tuck and JPP in at DT a lot of snaps also. Once Canty gets off PUP we're more than fine.
That will be six weeks in and do you really want to wear out Tuck and JPP by playing them inside more than is necessary?

You know your team better than I, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet you that they sign at least 1 DT before Wednesday night.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That will be six weeks in and do you really want to wear out Tuck and JPP by playing them inside more than is necessary?

You know your team better than I, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet you that they sign at least 1 DT before Wednesday night.
It's also possible we cut M. Thomas now but are going to re-sign him once we place T. Thomas on special IR. We know he won't be signed by anyone else so could be a strategic cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
There are always talented players that teams take a chance of sneaking to their PS.

I hope Colts find someone like that.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's also possible we cut M. Thomas now but are going to re-sign him once we place T. Thomas on special IR. We know he won't be signed by anyone else so could be a strategic cut.
Also possible. I just find it unlikely that you got into the regular season with 2 healthy starting DTs, two inexperienced backups, and two DEs who sometimes play there. Most rotations have a 3rd capable player at DT.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clyde Gates and BJ Cunningham who was a good WR at MSU were cut by the Dolpnins
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins cuts so far include Clyde Gates, Jamaal Westerman, BJ Cunningham, and Ryan Baker per Miami Herald (on twitter).

Gates just never seemed to improve his raw talent and was horrible as a KR. Cunningham's small hands led to tons of drops and he just looked horribly pedestrian in practices. Westerman was a moderately surprising cut just because he was a good STer but it sounds like Derrick Shelby took his spot as an UDFA. Baker is a solid option for a team looking for a 3-4 depth player, can play all three spots, just didn't fit the 4-3 transition.

Add Gates and Cunningham to Ireland's long list of draft fails, really sucks that if Tannehill works out, his long list of failures will be forgiven and he's still gonna be in charge of using all these picks we're amassing going forward.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I think some team with more established receivers will absolutely sign Gates as a high-potential developmental backup.

Is he still practice squad eligible?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers released three players with injury settlements:

Shaky Smithson
Ray Dominguez
DeMarco Cosby

Shaky Smithson has an interesting off-field story. As a 22 year old college student at Utah, he became the legal guardian of his 15 year old brother.

Last edited by WCH : 08-31-2012 at 10:38 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Westerman no!!!

David Douglas cut by the Giants. 100% positive he'll be claimed by another team possibly the Jets or Cowboys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think some team with more established receivers will absolutely sign Gates as a high-potential developmental backup.

Is he still practice squad eligible?
Nope, played in 15 games last year.

Add Roberto Wallace and Gary Guyton to the cuts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Ware got cut. I can see a team claiming him as well.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our roster is too deep at some places.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

More Giants cuts:

Quote:
Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that linebacker Greg Jones has been waived. The sixth-round pick in the 2011 draft appeared in every game last year, starting five.

Running back Danny Ware also has been released; he announced the move on his Twitter page.

Also gone (per Garafolo) are receiver Dan DePalma (who at 5’11″ towers over his uncle Louie), receiver David Douglas, sixth-round rookie Matt McCants, receiver Isaiah Stanback. Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that linebacker Jake Muasau, defensive end Matt Broha, tight end Larry Donnell, and defensive end Craig Marshall. Safety Tyler Sash has been placed on the reserve/suspended list.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ck-to-chicago/

Bucs cut Amobi Okoye who is going to sign with Chicago.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was behind Danny Ware being cut? He seemed to have a role as a 3rd down back