Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Preseason Week 3 Discussion Thread

Week 3 is usually the "dress rehearsal" game, so expect to see most starters playing into the 2nd half of their games.

This is also the last week before roster cuts begin, so those guys on the bubble really need to step up.

Jake Locker vs. John Skelton on Thursday night will be one to watch. I think Skelton has the starting job pretty much locked up unless he somehow plays worse than Kolb has so far this preseason.

The Bears playing the Giants scares me. For the love of christ o-line, do not get Cutler hurt vs. that d-line.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im looking forward to seeing Manning knock some more rust off and make some more nice throws. Mark my words Demaryius Thomas will be a top 10 WR this year...

He led all WR's in yards in the month of December with Tim Tebow as his QB, with Manning it can only go up.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Bears-Giants Friday night. It's going to be quite the battle. I'm most interested in seeing how our secondary holds up against Marshall and Jeffrey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm looking forward to Bears-Giants Friday night. It's going to be quite the battle. I'm most interested in seeing how our secondary holds up against Marshall and Jeffrey.
If our o-line doesn't seriously pick it up, you won't have to worry too much about your secondary.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that is where we are lucky. I'm confident Webster will do well but after that it gets muddled very quickly. I don't quite think we'll see the 10+ sacks like we gave you on that Sunday night game 2 years ago.

How has Carimi looked coming off the injury?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, he's an improvement over anyone we had last year. That doesn't say a whole lot though.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-the-trigger/

Kurt Warner with some negative criticism of Kolb.

Quote:
The momentum seems to be building for John Skelton to start, and no offense to the former fifth-rounder from Fordham, but his promotion has as much to do with him being not Kolb as anything he’s done.

That makes Kolb nothing short of an embarrassing and expensive blunder, one that’s going to take the Cardinals years to recover from.
Sorry Cardinals fans....well...Fenikz...but a lot of us called this one when it happened.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thumper was the only pro-Kolb person here. Has Bixby apologized for that yet?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thumper was the only pro-Kolb person here. Has Bixby apologized for that yet?
See "Preseason Week 2 Discussion Thread".

EDIT: For the record, I am not JB-whateverhisnameis.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco27 View Post
Im looking forward to seeing Manning knock some more rust off and make some more nice throws. Mark my words Demaryius Thomas will be a top 10 WR this year...

He led all WR's in yards in the month of December with Tim Tebow as his QB, with Manning it can only go up.
He played the Patriots which automatically makes that statistic completely useless. Thomas will be fine though, but I have more faith in Decker with Manning under center. He seems to be a better route runner which will make Manning look his way more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decker is going to be better than thomas imo. Stokley and Clark have both had 10+ TD years with manning, i feel like decker is the more reliable WR and runs much better routes. Thomas was good in the tebow offense because it was damn near exactly what he did at GT, decker could go 90 catches and 10 TDs this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Thomas is going to be the most physically gifted WR Peyton has ever had in the pros. It'll be interesting to see how things play out between them.

I think he'll be the more explosive threat with the higher ceiling this year, though I'm with you guys who are saying that Decker is probably going to be Manning's favorite target.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping to see a little more rhythm this week. Big eye on the receivers. Would like to see solid outings from Jones and Nelson heading into the season. Hopefully get some looks at the final receiver working with Fitz at the helm. Actually seems like Roosevelt could be Hagan's biggest competition at this point, which I would not have thought a few weeks ago. Also very curious to see how much Wood and Pears play in their comebacks. Need those guys on the line. Glenn in his first game after being named left tackle will face another nice test against Pittsburgh after facing Orakpo and Allen in the first two games.

Defensively, the line will still be something to watch. Teams have been playing to Mario's side quite a bit, trying to exploit the pass rush with runs and screens. Very important for the linebackers normally on that side, converted safety Bryan Scott and inexperienced Arthur Moats, to help fill up those plays. We'll see how they do if it's tested. The latter has been crushing people who have dared to try to cross the Moats in preseason, but his all around game still needs a lot of work.

Aaron Williams has possibly been the most worrisome starter on the team, so far. Really hoping to see a good game from him.

Depth linemen also need to make a statement. Could be too expensive to keep both Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson. Personally, I'd like Johnson to stick around.

I get to go this one after missing the first preseason game. I am excite.

**** Hines.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish our defense was healthy for this third game but we're missing three guys (Flowers, KLew, Sheffield) that I was hoping would get a lot of time in. I'm interested to see Poe continue to develop with the first/second teams and I am kind of hoping that Studebaker gets a lot of reps since he'll be starting week 1. Ugh Tamba, why why whyyyy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles Browns is going to be super vanilla since there's a rematch like 3 weeks after, so everything will be taken with an even smaller grain of salt than usual - probably except for Weeden if he sucks.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think ESPN will mention that Luck's and RG3's teams are playing each other?

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
You guys think ESPN will mention that Luck's and RG3's teams are playing each other?
It might come up as long as Tebow doesn't watch any movies, appear in any magazines or look up at any clouds that day.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

BeerBaron,

You don't have to worry about JPP killing cutler. He's going to be out of the game with back spasms. It's more precautionary than anything though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
BeerBaron,

You don't have to worry about JPP killing cutler. He's going to be out of the game with back spasms. It's more precautionary than anything though.
I worry about anyone killing Cutler for as long as J'Marcus Webb is on his blind side.
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post

That's exactly what Thumper would say...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

True but JPP certainly would have intensified that feeling.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How would you know JBCX was thumper? God youre an idiot Thumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're JBCX? God I hate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew luck is gonna murder out whole secondary. I also hope that we pull RG3 if things start getting outta hand protection wise because we have no answer for freeny or Mathis unfortunately
Old 08-22-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-the-trigger/

Kurt Warner with some negative criticism of Kolb.

Sorry Cardinals fans....well...Fenikz...but a lot of us called this one when it happened.
I feel bad for Kolb. Everyone is taking the easy opportunity to pick on him. Yes, he's being paid 17 million, but man... he's also got a big red bullseye on his back.