Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1: Packers vs 49ers

Finally its regular season time! Can't wait but we have a pretty brutal opening stretch starting with the 49ers.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to be a good one to start things out with.

I sure hope Raji can play and play healthy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will be interesting to see how our defense does. They're only going against Alex Smith, so anything less than a solid performance would not be a good sign for the rest of the season. Hoping for (but not expecting) some better tackling, a sign of some pass rush and the offensive line to not get Aaron killed.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurry up Sunday I'm so excited! I expect this team to win every game and while I'm very confident I remain quite nervous for this one. I'm glad its at home I think that really helps us out.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad that they have this tough stretch early in the year

These first 4 games should be a good test for them, and then the schedule sort of weakens out near the end. Glad they have 3 of these games at home. Going 3-1 through the first 4 games would be great. 2-2 is fine as well. Can't dig a huge hole early on so 2-2 is worst case scenario

I hope they give Newhouse some help against Aldon Smith. I'm worried about Vernon Davis carving them up over the middle

with that said, it's at Lambeau and in my lifetime, the Pack have had great success against the Niners. I look for it to continue. You know Rodgers wants to always stick it to them for passing on him in the draft

Pack - 31
Niners - 21
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be a tough one but I also think the niners are overrated. They had a sort of magical season last year but that offense is in the bottom half of the league and that defense is brutal but I think there are some openings there in the air, especially if you can get Finley on one of those OLBs or safeties in coverage.

It'll be an interesting game for sure as I expect we'll see LOTS of Niners running the ball and trying to dominate time of possession. It's really one of the few games this year where our run defense will be severely tested, the Niners are one of only two or three teams in the league I see winning a good number of games with a mainly running oriented offense.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally the day has arrived!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the hottest start

Old 09-09-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Thanks Rodgers for throwing the ball out of bounds instead of just falling on the ******* ground! Hdeidjiieheiejjejejr **** **** ****

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Officiating has been horrible but so far it's the same old D from last year

Dline isn't getting much push and the Niners have receivers open all over the field

WHy the hell are Lbers trying to cover WR's? They stand no chance there
Old 09-09-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

You pretty much hit it on the head BB. This really sucks, looks like we are starting 0-1.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

time for Dom Capers to go!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep, zero improvement from the D right here

same old, same old. Dline is getting nowhere near Smith and receivers are open all over the field. Coverage breakdowns galore, bad tackling

this is just a bad unit with marginal talent
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the blame goes to the defense; we've scored 7 points...

That is terrible. So ******* annoying.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

it's a collective effort but we know the O will be there. This D looks as bad as last year

DJ Smith has not looked good
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

The D blows but seriously 7 points wtf? We had one of the best O's last year... I don't care how good 49ers D is this isn't acceptable. Capers was great but this D has been really horrible lately, can't even communicate right still.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Randall <3

Old 09-09-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

well deserved L

D was weak for much of the game. Couldn't generate much of a pass rush and too many coverage breakdowns

Offense decided to pitch in with a costly turnover deep in their own territory that led to 7 points and essentially the game
Old 09-09-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Officiating has been horrible but so far it's the same old D from last year

Dline isn't getting much push and the Niners have receivers open all over the field

WHy the hell are Lbers trying to cover WR's? They stand no chance there
Yeah, Nick Perry covering Crabtree was ********, there were 2 receptions I counted where Crabtree got 1st downs while be covered by Perry.

Also, Jarrett Bush is still bad, House needs to get healthy ASAP.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Now that I've had time to cool down...I'll just say that I expected growing pains with the D thi syear

they are incorporating a lot of rookies/young guys. I would HOPE they get better as the season goes on, though

today was just not good. The Packers need a legit playmaker at ILB. Hawk/Smith just aren't going to cut it but sadly that's all they have this year. Bush needs to be replaced

they gotta find a way to generate a better pass rush going forward, period

Offense didn't look sharp in preseason and it continued today.

Niners were more prepared and they won the battle in the trenches
Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I don't care how disappointing shields has looked lately we all know Bush has no business starting. Why the **** do the coaches always put him out there on D. Rodgers made some really bone headed plays. He really seems like he needs to play week in and week out. If he misses a game... like last year and barely playing in preseason #4 he seems to lose his touch a bit.

Its hard to swallow losses especially with a team that could easily have been undeafted last year but.... this might be the best thing. No undeafted talk to worry about and even though we are great and get a lot of hype maybe we will realise we are beatable. We have to bring our best each week because wins aren't handed out there earned.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Rodgers made some really bone headed plays. He really seems like he needs to play week in and week out. If he misses a game... like last year and barely playing in preseason #4 he seems to lose his touch a bit.
Both us and the Giants lost week one here and everyone else in our divisions won.

Rodgers had the ball 2 times late today down a score, and he again, as that Cold Hard Football Facts study showed, he didn't come thru.

The last drive was not his fault as both Bulaga and Lang each decided to let Ahmad Brooks come right in unblocked.
But the first drive Rodgers got the ball back after a Defensive stop down 8, what did he come up with? A terrible pick, very Brian Brohm-like.

2 more takeaways.
#1- our offensive line is the softest group of run blockers I can ever recall seeing. You watch again and see if they ever get a block made and get to the 2nd level.
I saw their OL getting into Hawk's face 5 yards down field. Our OL? They can't even get off the LOS. Benson has no prayer.

#2- the refs gifted us 7 points on Cobb's PR. But they were atrocious. The worst thing was they regularily allowed the Niner DBs to molest our receivers. ANy contact past 5 yards should be a flag.

They'd let them grab and tug Jones, Jennings, and Nelson.
The Packers pass offense is a timing, precise thing. That ILLEGAL contact messes that all up.
Also, it's impossible to catch the ball like that. Then when Jones pushes back, they call HIM?

Big game against the Bears.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Both us and the Giants lost week one here and everyone else in our divisions won.

Rodgers had the ball 2 times late today down a score, and he again, as that Cold Hard Football Facts study showed, he didn't come thru.

The last drive was not his fault as both Bulaga and Lang each decided to let Ahmad Brooks come right in unblocked.
But the first drive Rodgers got the ball back after a Defensive stop down 8, what did he come up with? A terrible pick, very Brian Brohm-like.

2 more takeaways.
#1- our offensive line is the softest group of run blockers I can ever recall seeing. You watch again and see if they ever get a block made and get to the 2nd level.
I saw their OL getting into Hawk's face 5 yards down field. Our OL? They can't even get off the LOS. Benson has no prayer.

#2- the refs gifted us 7 points on Cobb's PR. But they were atrocious. The worst thing was they regularily allowed the Niner DBs to molest our receivers. ANy contact past 5 yards should be a flag.

They'd let them grab and tug Jones, Jennings, and Nelson.
The Packers pass offense is a timing, precise thing. That ILLEGAL contact messes that all up.
Also, it's impossible to catch the ball like that. Then when Jones pushes back, they call HIM?

Big game against the Bears.
I'm not really sure if you're kidding about Aaron but I'll say this, he didn't play a great game but unfortunately with the defense as it is, he had to play a GREAT game every week to get a win.

The running game is what it is, average at best but the 49ers didn't allow a rushing TD all season last year until very late in the year, they are very good, I'm not as worried about the offense, this is a great defense.

Again, this is the 1st game but the defense wasn't good against a pretty average offense. What remains the same is Bush is bad, Sam Shields needs to start. He isn't a great option but Bush has been here long enough to prove he can cover.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is how we all envisioned Cobb being used when he was drafted. I love it.

If the 49ers DBs are allowed to play like that all season that defense is going to be tough to beat. Reminds me of how our DBs used to play before they started flagging any contact after 5 yards. I don't necessarily have a problem with it if it is called consistently on both sides, but yesterday that didn't seem to be the case.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

i didnt see Hayward at all yesterday. even tho hes a rookie he has to be better then bush, i think im better then bush.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote