Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-31-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Default Who would be in favor of trading up to #4 for Joe Thomas?

The only way this trade works is if Calvin Johnson is taken #1-3. If Johnson is gone, I believe that Tampa would be in favor of a trade down so they could take Okoye. The trade would look something like this.

ATL receives #4 overall (1800 points)

Tampa receives #8 overall (1400 points), #75 overall (215 points) and our 2008 2nd rounder. (I used our 2nd rounder because I would hope to god that we would have a better record than the Texans.)

The draft could then go something like this.

#4 - Joe Thomas OT

#39 - Victor Abiamiri DE

#44 - Aaron Ross CB

#109 - John Wendling S

#121 - Michael Bush RB (seems to be a popular pick in mocks)

Round 4 comp pick - Mansfield Rotto OG (played DL in college also)

Round 5 - Laurent Robinson WR

Round 6 - BPA

Round 7 comp pick - BPA

I think this looks like a very solid draft. One position that I couldn't figure out was DT though. Hopefully we can fill that after June 1st cuts. I know I am gonna get reamed for not drafting a S earlier, but I still think that JWill will end up getting moved to FS.

Last edited by Vickissick07 : 03-31-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it's a thought, but idk.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sure that Tampa would do that. Okoye is now at the top of everyone's board after his outstanding workouts, and branch is falling like a rock in water. I can see Washington taking Okoye at 6 and then making Tampa trade picks to get him. I can see TB just snatching Okoye at 4 and being done with it.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickissick07 View Post
The only way this trade works is if Calvin Johnson is taken #1-3. If Johnson is gone, I believe that Tampa would be in favor of a trade down so they could take Okoye. The trade would look something like this.

ATL receives #4 overall (1800 points)

Tampa receives #8 overall (1400 points), #75 overall (215 points) and our 2008 2nd rounder. (I used our 2nd rounder because I would hope to god that we would have a better record than the Texans.)
TB would most likely require more than that to move down to 8. I know the trade value chart has the 4th pick at 1800, but considering the potential prospects available, I think they would require at least a 2nd this year. They are not rumored to be looking to trade down, so I doubt they will take anything less than a good deal.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote