Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2: Packers vs Bears

We suffered a bad opening but we must move on quickly with a game on Thursday. This will be equally as tough but its nice its at home. The players should really want to show that they are better then what they showed yesterday.

Anyways just remember it was the 10-6 Packers who won the superbowl not the 15-1 team who couldn't win a play-off game. So its a long season and even though losses suck as long as you make the playoffs it really doesn't matter.

I hope we continue to use Cobb how we did. Wonder if we will even get a Driver sighting this week.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Week 1, any of the optimism I had about this years D has been effectively squashed.

the positives are that Cutler should be good for an INT or 2 and the Bears D isn't as good as the Niners.

Can they mix DJ Williams into the gameplan a bit this week? Pack need to use Finley and DJ WIlliams against that Bears Cover 2 D

I'll say the Pack win 28-24
Old 09-11-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings will be questionable for the game (he hasn't practiced yet this week) and I'm not sure how effective he can be even if he is active for the game. I believe Donald Driver needs to be involved more, especially as an underneath receiver because he is far more lethal there than anyone not named Cobb. Defensively we know that Brandon Marshall will cause several problems for us, and Forte will likely expose our inability to cover with our LBs. We need to be able to get pressure with four or five otherwise our secondary will get picked apart and I fear that a player like Earl Bennett will see plenty of chances to make plays. All-in-all I think we're in store for a shootout come Thursday.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings is now doubtful to play tomorrow night

Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jennings is now doubtful to play tomorrow night
That sucks but it happen to our deepest position so I'm not really worried. That's why we have DD around. Plus with the emergence of Cobb we should be ok

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****'s stressin' me out.

if i'm in charge...i'm saying blitz every play. we might give up some big plays, but, that's nothing new. better than a long drive that will wear our defenses fat asses out.

also, don't be afraid of a few roughing the passer penalties. get in cutler's head. good things will happen.

bears still suck.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
****'s stressin' me out.

if i'm in charge...i'm saying blitz every play. we might give up some big plays, but, that's nothing new. better than a long drive that will wear our defenses fat asses out.

also, don't be afraid of a few roughing the passer penalties. get in cutler's head. good things will happen.

bears still suck.
I feel Woodson needs to be that player that we set loose on Cutler and all give him the responsibility of Forte otherwise we'll get torched by him all night.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jennings is inactive for tonight

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

So is CJ Wilson

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously last year's production from Rodgers shouldn't be expected, but man he still looks off so far

hasn't really been as sharp with his deep passes and he's thrown some really awful stuff into coverage. Very lucky he wasn't picked off there at the end of the half. That was a terrible decision
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I despise the FB run on 3rd and short. Everybody knows its coming
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I despise the FB run on 3rd and short. Everybody knows its coming
This. This. And This. I called the play and the stuff which really isnt that impressive because we always do it and it never works! This team is so horrible on 3rd or 4th and short it isnt even funny. I prefer we just pass in those spots because it seems we never get them running.

Also.......

Give Clay Matthews III a 10 year extension RIGHT NOW! The guy is like 90% of our defense and without him we would be... I dont even want to imagine.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow. the bears suck.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Big win

couldn't fall to 0-2 and especially go 0-2 at HOME

Defense had quite a few changes tonight, but the Bears OL is awful so I don't know how much to take away from this game. Bright side is that they did dominate and didn't SUCK so that's a step in the right direction

need to see more from this young D though, but it was an encouraging night. Offense still isnt' clicking yet, but they are the least of my worries

Fun game and the team responded well after last weeks sh*tty loss. Next up, at Seattle and Wisconsin boy Russell Wilson
Old 09-14-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really happy about the win last night... I think I need to switch to my Clay sig in honor of the Manimal.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way they were moving Clay around last night reminded me of 2010. I think having Walden back made more of a difference than I expected. Simply because they are comfortable putting him in on either side which gives them flexibility to move Clay from side to side. Also let's them give Clay a breather now and then to keep him fresh at the end of the game. Both Perry and Moses have been focused on learning one side and don't yet have the experience to move around as much.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walden, Perry, and Moses are all legit OLBers getting to the QB right now. That depth allows Clay to take breathers and remain fresh and strong.

Interesting to see Shea McClellin get to Rodgers a few times. That bastard was going to be a Packer if Da Bears didn't steal him.

I agree on Matthews' contract. He's in year 4 of the contract and has outperformed his contract as much as anyone in the NFL. Pay the man now.

Then we'll worry about the other guys next.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need to be worried about Rodgers, at all.

We were missing Jennings who is usually one of our best weapons for attacking those deep safety looks as he's exceptional at finding the gaps. Some killer drops. Jones has to be in Rodgers doghouse in a bad way.. he should have had the TD earlier in the game (I do think Rodgers got a bit too conservative with the throw, trying to put it high and to the sideline to avoid any shot of the safety breaking on it whereas a throw stuck on Jones numbers would have been easier, but if a pass hits you in the hands in the endzone and your feet are clearly going to land in bounds.. you ******* need to make the catch.)

Take away that Jones drop, Jones idiot route/McCarthy's dumb playcall and Finley's fumble and we would have won by an absolute rout. I know it's not fair to say that but, let's face it, that's probably the last time we'll ever see James Jones lined up as our #2 WR. I fully expect in any future instance we'll see Driver get the call. Jones is a joke.

I think our OLine will settle down a bit and there are some positive things to see on offense. Cobb as a 3rd down back and change of pace has been a fantastic addition to the offense.

These were two of the three best defenses we'll face all year (the Texans being the other.) And none of the other defenses are even in the same stratosphere, as far as I'm concerned (the Giants pass rush is spectacular but they're struggling with DB injuries already and they can be attacked.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote