Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders finally score when our 2nd team is playing made it look closer than it should have.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shocker, Ness isn't sure. (Yes, me randomly saying things that don't make any sense with your name in it is my new thing for this year).
Oh okay. Troll on.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That onside was horrendous.

The snap had the lulz though.

Such a tough choice.
Go with the lulz then.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without Ryan Matthews, it seems quite possible the Chargers have the league's worst run offense.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh okay. Troll on.
It's not trolling! Gosh, someone has no sense of humor about themselves.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Without Ryan Matthews, it seems quite possible the Chargers have the league's worst run offense.
Yeah that looked bad. While getting Matthews back will be a positive, that offensive line was getting little push against Oakland. Might be tough sledding all season long. We shall see.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Raiders finally score when our 2nd team is playing made it look closer than it should have.
Dude...SD won...no need to make excuses.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

After the Dolphins next week, I'd be surprised if the Raiders win any of their following three games:

Pittsburgh
@Denver
@Atlanta

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if they didn't suck, they wouldn't win those games.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Anyone know who that Dolphins player was?
Jimmy Wilson.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Does not matter. Bengals fan tried to use that same excuse.
Palmer was with one awful organization while in CIN. He had talent around him and played like a future All-Pro when he did. Then Kimo took out his knee and he has never been the same. Chad Johnson also lost interest in football not long after that knee injury. TJ had a funny last name, but was slower than dog **** and Chris Henry was such an idiot that you simply could not count on him (like staying alive during an off season). To go along with that, he never had a running game that was any good, aside from the two seasons where Rudi Johnson steam rolled people. Then Rudi' career faded just as fast as it blew up. TJ couldn't run anymore, Chris Henry killed himself, Chad Johnson changed his name, got himself a TV show and, eventually, played like a bum. His offensive line got old, his front office didn't address it and it still looks weak to this day. And thats not even talking about a defense that lost him a game where he threw 6 TD passes and 400 yards... to the Browns. Yeah, I remember that. And it's no wonder why he wanted out.

Now Palmer has gone to another terrible organization where you have coaching changes every other year. He has talent, but no experience at WR. A solid offensive line but an offensive system that, from watching tonight, apparently only features one player, and that player will get injured and miss 4 to 6 games this year. To place any blame on Palmer, especially from watching tonight, when their best play was throwing it to McFadden out of the backfield... tough for me to go along with that. Or for people to sit here and bring up Terrell Pryor... that's a joke. Pryor is a microcosm of why this team sucks every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-11-2012 at 01:14 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Palmer has been with two terrible organizations. This much is certain. He looked really good his first few seasons. It's a shame with all that has happened he is a shell of his former self. He won't be a starter for much longer at this rate.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can't ask for much more from the raiders defense. And if youre an sd fan, you gotta be frustrated that rivers can't depend on his outside guys. Too many checkdowns. Not gonna get it done.
It has to do with who's at Left Tackle more than anything else. Vincent Jackson, Floyd, and Gates were available for the first Raiders game last year on Thursday night, but that didn't help Rivers from getting crushed to pieces. When Gaither came in and provided that necessary protection, Rivers was able to get the ball out more. If the protection is there, don't be too surprised if the wide outs like Royal and Meachem do better. Now it's all checkdowns, screens, wheel routes, and other quick passing plays.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not defending the trade or anything but it would help if he had Ford and Moore out there.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'm not defending the trade or anything but it would help if he had Ford and Moore out there.
I'm not going to defend it either, but it would be nice if they didn't have practice squader taking all the snaps at center too. Aubrayo Franklin just dominated Alex Parsons all game long. It wasn't even funny.

The Raiders were getting pushed back all game long up the middle on pass and run plays. That means no depth in the pocket which means Palmer has nowhere to step up when someone is coming wide from the outside.

This was just a crappy game all around. Downright stupid.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else laugh when Berman said they have a chance at recovering the onside kick because they don't have to take a snap? About the only quality thing he has ever said.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I find it amusing that Hue Jackson is now with the Bengals.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You want a great example of how asinine ESPN is?

The only thing I really watch on there anymore besides live events is a bit of Mike and Mike every morning before work. Though Greenie has his moments of saying absurd things, they seem generally better than most of the other ESPN personalities with their commentary.

Yesterday morning, they showed some reserved optimism for Robert Griffin. They pointed out that his first 6 pass attempts were all bubble screens and that he was inaccurate at times with his receivers making up for it. He is a rookie and his team won the game, so really, there isn't much more you can ask. He did well enough to win and that's great. Let me reiterate before someone gets pissy: he won the game and didn't look horrible. That's great. But they were running a simplified game plan and his receivers had to work to cover up some of of his deficiencies, so there is plenty of room for improvement.

I was glad to hear that ESPN wasn't immediately jumping all over Griffin's nuts. (Or at least those two weren't.) It was refreshing.

Ohhhh but what a difference a day makes. Someone with some authority at ESPN apparently decided they didn't give Griffin enough glowing praise so today, they named Griffin their most impressive player and were balls deep in their love for Griffin, not even mentioning the deficiencies they rightfully mentioned yesterday as they gave him a glowing review as if he were Tim Tebow, Tom Brady and a Velociraptor all rolled into one.

Facepalm ESPN...just...facepalm.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all fairness, RGIII was one of the most impressive players this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
In all fairness, RGIII was one of the most impressive players this week.
Ok, but to go from reserved optimism to "zomg GOAT!" in a day is clearly evidence of some executive meddling. Superstars are good for business and since Tebow isn't getting to games right now, ESPN needs someone else to slurp 24/7.

Like, they were legitimately pointing out about how, while Griffin played well, there were circumstances that suggested we shouldn't get too worked up about it. Now, he's the most impressive player of the week and those circumstances weren't mentioned once in the like 10 minutes they talked about him.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh about Rivers having too many check downs.

The passing game worked we didn't need to go down field a lot, but when we did he threw some great balls. A lot of them were missed by Gates just dropping or tipping them. I know people are used to seeing Rivers just throw it down field when we had 2 big targets running downfield. Now that we have Meachem and Royal 2 speedsters of course you're going to see some short throws. Our lack of a run game right now without Mathews also doesn't help. But overall with last nights game I loved the way both sides played. Our undrafted rookie LT didn't play all too bad he did get blown up by Seymour a few times, but he handled his own and gave Rivers enough time to throw it.

Our defense played really well they were tearing up our zone a lot and Mcfadden was having his way with us for most of the game, but we still held them to 2 FGs in the redzone. We finally saw pressure on the QB something we missed last season.

Having Eddie Royal on punt returns is exciting too and those punt blocks were refreshing even if the starting punter got hurt this had to be a big ego booster for our special teams. Special teams has lost us a few games in the last few years for us and to have this happen will benefit us.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
No more raiders on opening night of Monday night football
I guess that would apply to the Bengals too although they look less inept.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB where in hell is your week 1 write-up?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
BB where in hell is your week 1 write-up?
Sorry, I got a new job that keeps me busier during the day. I might aim to one each quarter of the season now or something.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schlereth was saying that the Saints needed to "be more physical" against the Skins and was basically implying that if Sean Peyton were there they would've ran the ball more. Difficult to run the ball more when you're playing from behind the entire game. Just sayin.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote