Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how players would do that and then some claim the league doesn't take care of them. Or the concussion issue where you hear players say they lie to get back on the field risking further injury but some... Not all then say the league is at fault for not protecting their players.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's amazing how players would do that and then some claim the league doesn't take care of them. Or the concussion issue where you hear players say they lie to get back on the field risking further injury but some... Not all then say the league is at fault for not protecting their players.
They want to have their cake and eat it too pretty much. They want to show they're "tough guys" and getting a reputation for having concussions can absolutely kill you when it comes time to sign a new contract.

I do think that the NFL, and all of the billions of dollars that they're worth, owes it to the players (who sacrificed themselves to make those billions) to take care of them for the rest of their lives after football. But as long as they players try to get those benefits while not cooperating when it comes to protecting themselves during their playing career, it's going to be bad news for all involved.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, they're not going to. But it speaks a lot about Witten's character that he's willing. A ruptured spleen can be absolutely deadly.
Has anyone ever even heard of this injury before? Seriously...It sounds like something that happens in a small car accident. I can only imagine rupturing your spleen, then getting blind sided across the middle right in that same spot. I knew Witten was going to try and play, but it's not even that serious.

This also made me think about Collie. What's going to happen when he gets another concussion? How is Javhid Best still out but Collie is playing week 1? He's 1 good head shot away from severe longterm effects, if he isn't already to that point. Just baffling to me how he's gotten cleared so fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Has anyone ever even heard of this injury before? Seriously...It sounds like something that happens in a small car accident. I can only imagine rupturing your spleen, then getting blind sided across the middle right in that same spot. I knew Witten was going to try and play, but it's not even that serious.

This also made me think about Collie. What's going to happen when he gets another concussion? How is Javhid Best still out but Collie is playing week 1? He's 1 good head shot away from severe longterm effects, if he isn't already to that point. Just baffling to me how he's gotten cleared so fast.
The last spleen injury I can recall in the NFL happened with Chris Simms. He had to have it removed iirc and was out for the rest of the season.

As for guys like Best and Collie, see my last post. They're prime examples of what I was talking about. For every concussion you have, the next one becomes more significant and serious.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my point is basically that this could be a potential life threatening injury so why not not sit out for this game. It's not worth further injury. I would guess his wife is unhappy she is a nurse in believe. If players want to be tough guys and play fine. But don't come back and say the league didn't take care of you.

Not saying Witten will do that. But in general if you are not 100 percent and this is potentially life threatening injury than sit out. I like and respect Witten a lot. He is a great guy. Quiet dude who is tough as nails. But he is married and has kids so think about them. To me it's not worth it.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Witten is showing his heart here but he and the organization both know whats best and wont let emotion overcome the severe danger he'll put himself him. He's too important to the team and the offense.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay football!

But I have to wait till Monday for Chargers :C

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah I can respect that that to a certain extent. But the big picture is the guy has a lacerated international organ. It's foolhardy to even discuss playing. The potential risk of something very bad happening is there. It's not like a hand or thigh laceration.

I am glad the Cowboys are smart enough not to let him sign the waiver to play.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
yay football!

But I have to wait till Monday for Chargers :C
And even then at the end of the day your favorite team is still the Chargers.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
And even then at the end of the day your favorite team is still the Chargers.
Says the Colts fan.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah I can respect that that to a certain extent. But the big picture is the guy has a lacerated international organ. It's foolhardy to even discuss playing. The potential risk of something very bad happening is there. It's not like a hand or thigh laceration.

I am glad the Cowboys are smart enough not to let him sign the waiver to play.
Admirable but if the NFL really wants to do something, you get rid of these forms that even allow the thought of him playing without doctor's permission.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Says the Colts fan.
At least we have hope and lots of recent success! Chargers fans have a few years of underachieving and squandered talent (Tomlinson, Gates, Rivers), lead by the Lord of No Rings and Pockmarks McGrossface. They'll be in LA in 5 years, probably less.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be an interesting season. Here are my picks for division winners and wild card qualifiers.

NFC

West Winner: San Francisco
South Winner: New Orleans
East Winner: New York
North Winner: Green Bay
Wild Card: Atlanta
Wild Card: Chicago

AFC:

West Winner: San Diego
South Winner: Houston
East Winner: New England
North Winner: Baltimore
Wild Card: Buffalo
Wild Card: Pittsburgh

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Only 3 teams worth of playoff turnover there. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know we've had at least 5 each year for so many of the past seasons, and as high as 7.

At least one or two of the teams you have there who made it last year will drop due to injuries or being unpredictably terrible.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Only 3 teams worth of playoff turnover there. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know we've had at least 5 each year for so many of the past seasons, and as high as 7.

At least one or two of the teams you have there who made it last year will drop due to injuries or being unpredictably terrible.
Yes the picks are extremely "safe" so to speak. But that's my decision. It will be interesting to look back on this in three months.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally some football wooing can't wait for tonight but more importantly Sunday. I hope these two teams beat the hell out of eachother though, not really a fan of either.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my prediction for division and wildcard winners.

NFC

East: Giants
North: Bears
South: Falcons
West: 49ers
Wild Card: Lions
Wild Card: Packers

AFC:

East: Patriots
North: Ravens
South: Texans
West: Chiefs
Wild Card: Bengals
Wild Card: Steelers
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys!!! Cowboys!!! Cowboys!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this evening really comes down to how well the Dalls offensive line performs. If they can slow down the Giants NASCAR front then I think they will win. I don't see the Giants DBs being able to stay with the Cowboys WRs if they get time and I really like how Dallas' defense is shaping up

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see the Dallas secondary holding up with our WR's either. Our pass rush is better than what they have to offer also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't really see the Dallas secondary holding up with our WR's either. Our pass rush is better than what they have to offer also.
I hope you get served crow tonight. You've gotten too cocky for your own good.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Giants pass rush as a unit is way better although I really like Rob Ryan's schemes. Depending on how well Claiborne plays the Cowboys CBs in particular could be nasty, although I do think Carr has been overrated recently.

Nicks being banged up doesn't help much though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope you get served crow tonight. You've gotten too cocky for your own good.
Says the Cowboys fan.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Dallas' offense line really needs to help out Romo this year. I didn't see all of their preseason games, just the one against Oakland, but in that game they really had trouble getting anything going.

I also wonder if Murray is going to hold up for the year. He's been having injury problems since his college career started hasn't he?

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah the Giants pass rush as a unit is way better although I really like Rob Ryan's schemes. Depending on how well Claiborne plays the Cowboys CBs in particular could be nasty, although I do think Carr has been overrated recently.

Nicks being banged up doesn't help much though

I thought that may have been the case too honestly and that maybe he was just a really solid #2 but he's worth every penny. Granted all the action I have seen was pre-season for the Cowboys, but the guy never gets injured, is extremely strong and has one of the most impressive jams at the LOS you will see, he re-routes guys off of their routes, and has great ball skills.

He hasn't much chance to play outisde of Flowers' shadow as 'the guy' yet, and he was in a somewhat small market, but I'm already sold. I know I hadn't even got to see much of him in KC but Ryan will have some added flexibility in what he calls now that he has competent CB's now. Terrance Newman was a complete joke last year, and don't get me started on Alan Ball again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote