Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope you get served crow tonight. You've gotten too cocky for your own good.
What did I just say in that previous statement that was cocky? The one night I was cocky I was messing around with you and the troll. It's a division game it's going to be close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought that may have been the case too honestly and that maybe he was just a really solid #2 but he's worth every penny. Granted all the action I have seen was pre-season for the Cowboys, but the guy never gets injured, is extremely strong and has one of the most impressive jams at the LOS you will see, he re-routes guys off of their routes, and has great ball skills.

He hasn't much chance to play outisde of Flowers' shadow as 'the guy' yet, and he was in a somewhat small market, but I'm already sold. I know I hadn't even got to see much of him in KC but Ryan will have some added flexibility in what he calls now that he has competent CB's now. Terrance Newman was a complete joke last year, and don't get me started on Alan Ball again.
Yeah I think Carr will be a very good player in Dallas but I don't see him as this shutdown CB. I wouldn't be surprised if by the start of next year he is the #2 guy, which giving up to a top 10 pick in the draft is not exactly a terrible thing.

I really think if Jenkins comes back healthy and willing then the Cowboys secondary could really turn into a strength after being a bit of a laughing stock last year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah the Giants pass rush as a unit is way better although I really like Rob Ryan's schemes. Depending on how well Claiborne plays the Cowboys CBs in particular could be nasty, although I do think Carr has been overrated recently.

Nicks being banged up doesn't help much though
Carr is the only proven CB on their team right now and this is his 1st year in that scheme. You have no idea if Claiborne will play well. Scandrick blows.

Webster will play well for the Giants and after that our CB situation is a total mess right now also. I like our duo of Rolle/Phillips better than Sensabaugh and whoever else they'll play out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an interesting article on NFL Films blog about America's Game: 2011 New York Giants.

There is a photo slide show at the bottom of the article where you can see the set and how they film it. Some pretty good pictures of Tuck, Manning, and Coughlin.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/09/04/p...w-york-giants/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What did I just say in that previous statement that was cocky? The one night I was cocky I was messing around with you and the troll. It's a division game it's going to be close.
I guess that's still sticking in my head. The Cowboys are a far ways from last year when Terence Newman, Alan Ball and Frank Walker were defending your WRs. I can see you bashing our OL, but we've done things to help our secondary. You sound like you're just down playing what we tried to do to make improvements there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
let's not ask about streaming all year for once.
Good idea. Wouldn't want to this board to become that board.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Good idea. Wouldn't want to this board to become that board.
That site was taken down anyways. The .com version doesn't work.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess that's still sticking in my head. The Cowboys are a far ways from last year when Terence Newman, Alan Ball and Frank Walker were defending your WRs. I can see you bashing our OL, but we've done things to help our secondary. You sound like you're just down playing what we tried to do to make improvements there.
Jerry Jones is the anti Jerry Reese. He stacks up on DBs we stack up on passrushers.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You've tried to make improvements there but it's the first game and you have no idea if they'll all play well together tonight. Claiborne is going to be a good but this is still his first game on a huge stage against 2 of the best WR's in the NFL and a QB who will be looking to take advantage. Carr is playing his first game in Ryan's scheme also so we don't know what to expect. Your S duo still leaves a lot to be desired. It's not cocky it's the truth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You've tried to make improvements there but it's the first game and you have no idea if they'll all play well together tonight. Claiborne is going to be a good but this is still his first game on a huge stage against 2 of the best WR's in the NFL and a QB who will be looking to take advantage. Carr is playing his first game in Ryan's scheme also so we don't know what to expect. Your S duo still leaves a lot to be desired. It's not cocky it's the truth.
You trolll so often it's hard to take you seriously anymore. Especially when you say stuff like "we don't know what to expect" about the Dallas secondary and then go on to bash them. If you don't know what to expect, then let it play out before you go proclaiming that they can't hang with your WRs.

Let's be real about "what's true"... you don't know.... and leave it at that.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yea, so you guys should put up an easy 49 points then right? I don't think anybody is saying the secondary is going to shut people down, I don't know if that's what your implying or not. Even with that terrible secondary last year the Cowboys were still up 12 points with 4 minutes to go and an overthrow to Austin away from wrapping the game up. So while it's fun to talk x's and o's beore hand it doesn't really matter all that much.

Both teams are very evenly matched, the strengths may be different for both but top to bottom they are two talented, evenly matched teams. Even if you do point out all the bad areas of the secondary that doesn't change that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Did I say we're going throw up 49 points? I'm not implying that people were saying the Cowboys secondary was going to come in and shut everyone down but I am sick of hearing how the crappy secondary you had last year is now all off a sudden improved because of 2 players one of which has never played a down in the NFL. It's going to take time for them to get their games together and I expect some struggles tonight.

I expect some of the same problems from the Giants CB's tonight also. Like I said though I think the difference is our S duo and pass rush is better than what the Cowboys have to offer at this moment. I believe that will tip the scales in our favor tonight while your secondary improves throughout the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how doubting a rookie corner and a weak safety group is really trolling.

We really don't know what to expect, but saying/thinking a rookie corner in his first game, under the lights and big stage while covering a top 5 WR tandem and top 5 WR will struggle/isn't all that scary right now really isn't too far off now, is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's not the message Scotty, it's the messenger.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Jerry Jones is the anti Jerry Reese. He stacks up on DBs we stack up on passrushers.
From and outsider's perspective, Jerry Reese seems to have stacked up on DBs more than pass rushers...

2007 1st rounder - Aaron Ross
2008 1st rounder - Kenny Phillips
2010 1st rounder - JPP
2011 1st rounder - Prince Amukamara
FA Antrel Rolle - former 1st rounder
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan is the big key to this matchup. He has made lot less talented defenses look very good such as Cleveland. If he starts running a lot of cover 0 then sure the Giants WR's could have a nice day if their o-line stands up to blitzes and pressure packages, however I think he knows the limitations of the safeties and what to expect of both Carr and Claiborne and won't put them in too many situations to be exploited.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did I say we're going throw up 49 points? I'm not implying that people were saying the Cowboys secondary was going to come in and shut everyone down but I am sick of hearing how the crappy secondary you had last year is now all off a sudden improved because of 2 players one of which has never played a down in the NFL. It's going to take time for them to get their games together and I expect some struggles tonight.
Nobody cares if your sick of hearing it, it's absolutely 100% true that the secondary is improved. I could care less that Claiborne is a rookie or not it doesn't make that statement any less of the truth. You do know there is a difference between 'improved' and 'dominant' right? Your also reaching to try and point out defeciancies too. Because let's bring up how Carr is playing his first game in Ryan's scheme, as if covering a WR man to man here is a collosal jump from the 3-4 defense he just came from.

It will be a much improved secondary, that's not going to change just because your tired of hearing about it. It shouldn't even really be that much of a compliment because with how bad our secondary was there was improvement by subtraction. But it's obvious you had no clue how bout Newman and Ball were. And that Frank Walker played quite extensively.

You don't have to go out of your way to try and point out the laundry list of positions the Cowboys don't have all-pro players at, that's painfully obvious to pretty much everyone. That's like me trying to hammer home points about your CB injuries/depth, and LT situation, and harp on that non-stop as if it's the sole reason we will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From and outsider's perspective, Jerry Reese seems to have stacked up on DBs more than pass rushers...

2007 1st rounder - Aaron Ross
2008 1st rounder - Kenny Phillips
2010 1st rounder - JPP
2011 1st rounder - Prince Amukamara
FA Antrel Rolle - former 1st rounder
You are looking at one round D... Hardly a qualifying sample size.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I don't see how doubting a rookie corner and a weak safety group is really trolling.

We really don't know what to expect, but saying/thinking a rookie corner in his first game, under the lights and big stage while covering a top 5 WR tandem and top 5 WR will struggle/isn't all that scary right now really isn't too far off now, is it?
Go on down playing them. I'm actually starting to like the anti-hype.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Dallas but...

I would love to see and I would seriously crack a smile if that secondary holds its own tonight and shuts up some of y'all. Not sure it'll happen and I would still like NYG to win, but I always love seeing people get shut up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nobody cares if your sick of hearing it, it's absolutely 100% true that the secondary is improved. I could care less that Claiborne is a rookie or not it doesn't make that statement any less of the truth. You do know there is a difference between 'improved' and 'dominant' right? Your also reaching to try and point out defeciancies too. Because let's bring up how Carr is playing his first game in Ryan's scheme, as if covering a WR man to man here is a collosal jump from the 3-4 defense he just came from.

It will be a much improved secondary, that's not going to change just because your tired of hearing about it. It shouldn't even really be that much of a compliment because with how bad our secondary was there was improvement by subtraction. But it's obvious you had no clue how bout Newman and Ball were. And that Frank Walker played quite extensively.

You don't have to go out of your way to try and point out the laundry list of positions the Cowboys don't have all-pro players at, that's painfully obvious to pretty much everyone. That's like me trying to hammer home points about your CB injuries/depth, and LT situation, and harp on that non-stop as if it's the sole reason we will win.
We're discussing the game tonight right? I'd have no problems if you brought up our banged up corners or how the line tonight scares me. Usually one points out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team while doing so. I didn't realize I was so out of line pointing out stuff like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are looking at one round D... Hardly a qualifying sample size.
Yeah, but that's a strong trend. If that's not stacking up, then I don't know what is. It's a brilliant strategy to stack up on both DBs and DL though.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am normally a mild Giants supporter but I've got Dez Bryant in fantasy this year so go Cowboys!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Anyway I'm leaving for the game now. Enjoy the game everyone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go on down playing them. I'm actually starting to like the anti-hype.
WHAT?

what anti-hype? Saying a ROOKIE corner might struggle against a top 5 WR duo and top 5 QB IN HIS FIRST GAME

come on, D. Has parenthood worn you down and made you this delusional? I don't see what's so wrong about that sentiment.

And you're starting Barry Church at safety, are you not? sorry if he doesn't scare me. that's not "downplaying him", he's just a mediocre safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote