Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First win in Green Bay since 1990. Steve Young couldn't even accomplish that. I'm glad the 49ers were focused. Last year they played big in big games, and that has carried over so far. Could still do better on third downs, but so far so good.

And the score really should have been 30-15. Bad officiating crew on all sides.

But whatever. Alex Smith had a good game and the offensive line looked good early in the contest at least. Bowman helped us out when we really needed it. And now it's off to play the Lions back here at Candlestick.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 09-09-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't mess with Harbaugh. I can't wait to hear the media this week. They were all on the Packers nuts.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome win for us. The referees sucked in this game from the start. Cobb killed us more than any of the other receivers. Our defense and special teams was good as always. Offense was good and mistake free. No turnovers which was and always is a huge plus. My only complaint is that I was expecting more of Moss and didnt get it. I really hope that he's not just going to be used as a decoy and for short passes. I really want to see what he has left at 35.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
My only complaint is that I was expecting more of Moss and didnt get it. I really hope that he's not just going to be used as a decoy and for short passes. I really want to see what he has left at 35.
I think we should get used to this. I think they want Moss in on 10-15 snaps a game.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
I think we should get used to this. I think they want Moss in on 10-15 snaps a game.
Dont see the point in signing him to just be a decoy, start him today opposite Crabtree and then limit his plays. I dont get it. Only thing I can think of is that Harbaugh is going to save him for later in the season and playoffs and then unleash him. Thats all I can think of. Today, he had one on one with Bush who's several inches shorter and with no safety help and Smith didnt even lob at least one up to him. If Moss still has his speed and hands, they should be using him more.

Oh well, im happy we won despite a potential screwjob at the end by the referees. NFL needs to pay the regular referees. They're not perfect but are still way better than the replacement referees.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Does anyone know why Willis wasn't on the field in some instances? In the second half. He usually stays on the field a good amount of the time. Is he hurt? Didn't look like it.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Does anyone know why Willis wasn't on the field in some instances? In the second half. He usually stays on the field a good amount of the time. Is he hurt? Didn't look like it.
The Niners were in dime and Bowman was the only LB
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think its a scheme thing. When we went dime, Bowman was usually the one LB. I think its because Bowman is a little better in coverage than Willis, at least from my perspective. Just a little more fluid in space. I don't think its time to panic or anything. I also saw some snaps when we were in base formation, where Grant was subbed in for Bowman. We have 3 very good ILBs so I think you'll see certain packages wtih Bowman and Grant, some with Willis and Grant, etc. Plus we only used All Done and Brooks today, as far as outside LBs go so I think they were subbing a lot because both Bowman and Willis were doing their fair share pass rushing/blitzing today.....expending more energy than normal, fighting with O-Lineman.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome win for the Niners! Would have been a blowout had the refs not kept it close. Glad the D locked it up in the 4th and left no doubt. Solid play from that unit all day as Green Bay only had ONE legit drive (which included a 48 yard gain on a broken play). I'm actually not choked they won this game; happy but not shocked at all. I'm acting like we've been there before (cause we have, though not for awhile) and realize this is one of 16 until the real games begin. The rest of the division looks like absolute horse****. It's ripe for the Niners taking. Alex didn't overall impress me but he definitely managed the game well. First game in a long time I don't remember hearing Patrick Willis' name mentioned much. Hope he's ok.

Overall, a great win. Looking forward to Harbaugh spitting on Schwartz next week after we're 2-0.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how I felt after the final 4th down:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a complete performance against a great team. Alex Smith looked surgical at times, and that D...wow.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

2 things:

1. There were times where I was very confident we would execute and keep the chains moving on third downs. This was a nice feeling. I didn't really ever have it last year.

2. I haven't re-watched any of the game yet, but I plan to take a close look at Alex Boone. I don't remember him doing anything badly but I wasn't ever keyed in on him. I thought the entire line did a nice job except Staley struggled (Matthews is no easy task, but he clearly owned Staley a few times).
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2 things:

1. There were times where I was very confident we would execute and keep the chains moving on third downs. This was a nice feeling. I didn't really ever have it last year.

2. I haven't re-watched any of the game yet, but I plan to take a close look at Alex Boone. I don't remember him doing anything badly but I wasn't ever keyed in on him. I thought the entire line did a nice job except Staley struggled (Matthews is no easy task, but he clearly owned Staley a few times).
Staley and Clay were in a war all day. Staley would pancake him, then give up a pressure the next play fun to watch.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Nice tidbit.

Quote:
It was also a record-setting day for Smith, who now has attempted 185 regular-season passes without throwing an interception. Young held the record at 184, which he set in 1993. And Smith's mark does not include the 68 pass attempts in two playoff games without an interception.

"For me, just making good decisions and being smart with the football," Smith said. "It starts with that, and I think we did a good job of that tonight."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...89&feedID=5936

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Smith played good and didnt commit any turnovers. Crabtree finally seemed like he could have a breakout season and become a legitimate number one WR. Moss played well in limited action but I wanted to see Smith take a few shots downfield when Moss was one on one with Bush and no safety help. OL played good except for Staley who got beat badly a few times.

Overall, an awesome and huge win for us. If we beat the Lions next week, we have a legitimate chance at starting 5-0 going into the Giants game in SF.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the game Alex played today. 1st half, he moved the ball down the field and spread it around to different WR's. 2nd half, protected the football and made smart decisions as we were conservative and leaned on the run. With "only" 211 yards he wasn't overly productive but he was extremely efficient. 2 (redzone) TD, 0 INT, several 1st downs (22 overall, more than Green Bay) 77% completion and 8 YPA, and that includes the 2 throwaways at the end of the 1st half and 2 Walker drops.

Overall this team is just balanced. O, D, ST's, and of course the coaching staff that prepares this team well and throws in new wrinkles (eg Kaepernick 17 yard run which basically caught the Packers off guard somehow). We showed a lot of new offensive weapons and the scary thing is we didnt even play Jenkins, James, or Jacobs.

Most impressed with the OL today. Outside of Staley getting beat by Matthews, they more than held their own in the run game and pass pro. Boone and Anthony Davis in particular played well and i was very worried about that side.

Also, props to Brooks and Culliver on back to back clutch plays at the end. Brooks with the timely sack, and Culliver stuffing Nelson in 1 on 1 coverage.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramaine Brock's ST tackle of Cobb needs to get a mention, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet win, fellas. While watching the game with my brothers I told them we could be the best team in the NFL right now. They did not disagree with me (they are a Raiders and a Steelers fans). I don't feel any differently this morning. I know it's only 1 game, but after the way last year went and then starting this year in GREEN BAY and playing the game we did... I feel confident in saying that. Its been a long time since I could say that. It feels good. This team looks confident as well. It's going to be another great year. Can't wait for next Sunday!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy about how our offense looked. I thought Gore might be done this year but maybe he just needs to stay fresh with less carries. If he can be that effective with 15 to 20 carries every week then that would be great. He gets 15 to 20, Hunter gets five to 15 and then a handful mixed in from CK, Jacobs, Dixon and James.

Smith played fantastic. Only six incomplete passes, two of which were basically throwaways and two of which were drops. Even his incomplete passes were not far off-target. Crabtree and Moss looked good as well.

What most impressed me on offense was the offensive line. Matthews got a couple of sacks, though one of them was really a coverage sack, but for 95% of the game Staley made him invisible. The entire offensive line dominated in the running game.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allow me to chime in on the love fest here....LOVE OUR RUNNING GAME! Granted it was the Packers, but its nice knowing that when you need to milk some clock, we have a very diverse and efficient run game to lean on that gets huge chunks of yards. And with the addition of Jacobs, will only get more formidable going forward.

I LOVE OUR CBs! I think we quietly have one of the best CB corps in the league. Rogers, Cully, Cox, and Brown can hang with any WR corps in this league. All have great ability and I have faith in any of the four against whoever. When Rodgers lobbed that pass up to Nelson, I knew Cully was going to make a play. Enjoy this group this year....might be the last time you see as much talent as this in our CB corps ever again.

CRABTREE DESERVES SOME LUV! Okay, so he wasn't worth a 10th overall pick. But look what happens when you put a legitimate threat on the outside opposite him and you put him in the slot. He had a field day in the first half because he can work underneath and gash teams. He has great RAC ability and he's too big for nickel-backs. And if you zone up, Alex will find him and keep the chains moving. That's what the addition of M'n'M does for this offense and Crabs. And I love it.

Now granted things weren't perfect. 3rd down efficiency wasn't where it needs to be. Staley had a tough day. We're still in the shot-gun way too much on obvious passing downs....which indicates to me, Roman isn't as comfortable with our pass-protection as he would liked to be. Alex stills seems to oblivious to outside pressure(it was quite a contrast compared to Rodgers, who was Houdini most of the day, as he escaped a lot of would be sacks because he has a uncanny sense of pressure). Some bad angles to the ball by LBs and DBs alike. And Walker's drops are starting to piss me off more and more. But overall, for the first game, against a legit SB contender, you have to be excited about this team going forward.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The media is going to be all over the handshake from last season leading up to this game against the Lions. Quite sad really.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The media is going to be all over the handshake from last season leading up to this game against the Lions. Quite sad really.
Yes, unless another one of the Lions' players is arrested for something embarrassing.....again.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we have another prime time game this next Sunday to watch and enjoy the 49ers offfense go to work two weeks in a row because I won't be able to watch them until Nov. Out in Yellowstone I don't have cable or good enough wifi to watch every week. So glad they are on tv at least.

The only thing I wish we would pass more to Moss and our other new targets we got in the off season and open our play book. here comes the under 300 yards of passing again by our Qb . Other then that nit picky it was a great game on both sides of the ball bout the 9ers.

What do you all think of that Punt Return by Colb in the second half?Was there a penalty or not?The announcers said two but one of the guys I was watching said no because it did not effect the return either way...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm glad we have another prime time game this next Sunday to watch and enjoy the 49ers offfense go to work two weeks in a row because I won't be able to watch them until Nov. Out in Yellowstone I don't have cable or good enough wifi to watch every week. So glad they are on tv at least.

The only thing I wish we would pass more to Moss and our other new targets we got in the off season and open our play book. here comes the under 300 yards of passing again by our Qb . Other then that nit picky it was a great game on both sides of the ball bout the 9ers.

What do you all think of that Punt Return by Colb in the second half?Was there a penalty or not?The announcers said two but one of the guys I was watching said no because it did not effect the return either way...
We're not going to necessarily "open up the playbook". We'll take calculated shots down the field just like we did last year but what you saw Sunday is what we are, especially with a lead....ball-control, power-running with timely passing. Now granted if we're behind, sure we'll have to throw more but we're NEVER gonna sling the ball all over the field as long as Jimbaugh is the coach. That's never been his m.o. as a coach and I doubt it changes now that he's in the NFL. He preaches balance and he/Roman call a balanced game, week in and week out.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-11-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Closed Thread