Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
People actually care more for their fantasy team than their real team?! That's crazy.

I have Cutler and Marshall in a lot of my leagues, but was cheering when Marshall dropped that pass in the endzone and the same when Cutler threw all of his INT's.
There are a lot of casual fans that just play fantasy football.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd normally say screw fantasy football, but with how god awful the Chiefs are right now my fantasy team is the only team I can root for that has a chance of winning.

Or would have a chance if Stafford would stop SCREWING ME OVER. (fu Brody!)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played fantasy football in...three years now? And I took a two year break before that. I won the first two leagues I was ever in (only one loss my first season and got hot late in the 2nd year after barely making the playoffs as the last seed. Thank you Kolby Smith!)

I would be absolutely interested if I could find 12 reliable people to do a keeper auction draft league, but inevitably, someone having a bad year just quits and it all falls apart.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year was my first year so I was really into it. I'm already bored of it this year.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm just unwilling to do anything that isn't an auction draft anymore. They're just so much better....do you blow your points load on a few studs and fill the rest of your roster with nobodies or do you create one that is solid across the board?

I want to be in another so bad.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you want reliable people to play with, there is this great place full of football nerds.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
if you want reliable people to play with, there is this great place full of football nerds.
I was in a couple on here in years past, but as usual, only half the league ends up being reliable. Once you get like a game or two under .500, people still quit and stop paying attention. It's annoying.

Another problem is that people here seem to like HUGE leagues with bottomless rosters. 18 team leagues with 12 active players and like 10 bench slots is just too much.

Like, not everyone even gets an active backup QB. And sifting through the waiver wire is more akin to the real life waiver wire...if you need some help during your bye week or due to injuries, good luck. You might be able to get the Panthers #4 receiver to fill in!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So start a league next year and hand pick 12 guys that you would want to play with. You make up all the rules.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way can Aldon Smith catch a break?

Quote:
Aldon Smith was involved in a serious car accident two days before Sunday's game against the Lions. According to the California Highway Patrol, Smith was the passenger in a car that swerved to avoid a deer on a road in unincorporated Santa Clara County Friday night and ended up on its side on a dirt embankment.

The unidentified driver of the BMW was transported to San Jose Regional Medical Center with what the CHP described as a "broken back." Smith suffered a cut above his eye that required stitches. He was driven to Stanford Hospital, the 49ers' team facility, where he was treated. Smith, 22, played every defensive snap of Sunday's game and finished with seven tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and a quarterback hit.

The accident occurred at 11:45 p.m. Friday near Smith's home in the hills east of San Jose. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, the CHP said. Smith notified the 49ers, and presumably team officials transported him to Stanford Hospital.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...car-crash.html

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a multi-millionaire. I think he already caught a break.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's a multi-millionaire. I think he already caught a break.
So he deserves to get in a car accident because he worked hard for his fortune?

What does money have to do with this anyways?

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I was in a couple on here in years past, but as usual, only half the league ends up being reliable. Once you get like a game or two under .500, people still quit and stop paying attention. It's annoying.

Another problem is that people here seem to like HUGE leagues with bottomless rosters. 18 team leagues with 12 active players and like 10 bench slots is just too much.

Like, not everyone even gets an active backup QB. And sifting through the waiver wire is more akin to the real life waiver wire...if you need some help during your bye week or due to injuries, good luck. You might be able to get the Panthers #4 receiver to fill in!
hahaha, I know what you mean.

I finally took control of a league with my friends. Previous years they did that same shiit. So I limited to 5 bench. 1 Qb, 3 WR, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE/RB. 1 D/ST, and 1 K. Still have 14-20 people though.

I only changed it from 2 WR to 3 and 1 Rb to 2, this year with so much pass happy and dual rbs.

We still have quiters, but I always play through and try and mount a come back. Last year everything went wrong for me and ended up going 4-10. The 4 wins were pure luck.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

He could be dead or severely injured from being stabbed and being in a car that flipped. The fact that he's not could already be considered a break.

Also, you never, EVER swerve to avoid an animal. Going off the road or flipping your car are far worse than just hitting the thing.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
He could be dead or severely injured from being stabbed and being in a car that flipped. The fact that he's not could already be considered a break.

Also, you never, EVER swerve to avoid an animal. Going off the road or flipping your car are far worse than just hitting the thing.
Meh, I'd say he could have another break...i.e. bad **** not threatening his life every couple of months. Just because you survive doesn't mean it's a non-factor for whatever is happening to keep on happening.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear Finley's agent is talking **** about A-Rod. When are we going to get rid of this stupid **** and everyone involved with him?

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Does anyone else think that last night's game was the ugliest game in recent memory?
Yeah, it was. Watching the replacement refs this week has made me come close to just not caring about the NFL this season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I hear Finley's agent is talking **** about A-Rod. When are we going to get rid of this stupid **** and everyone involved with him?
This is why he was only given a 2 year extension. I think the Packers realize that he's just a poor fit for their precision offense. He's as talented as they come, but he's dumb, drops a lot of passes, and talks out of his ass. He's the embodiment of a momentum killer for that offense.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So he deserves to get in a car accident because he worked hard for his fortune?

What does money have to do with this anyways?
Did I say he deserved to get into a car accident? This happens to millions of people all around the world. It has nothing to do with catching a break.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did I say he deserved to get into a car accident? This happens to millions of people all around the world. It has nothing to do with catching a break.
Neither does the amount of money you've obtained. That has nothing to do with your mortality being in jeopardy every few months.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Stop being so dramatic.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The driver of the car broke his back, he got a scratch on his eye and was able to play in the game. Sounds like he caught a pretty big break to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is why he was only given a 2 year extension. I think the Packers realize that he's just a poor fit for their precision offense. He's as talented as they come, but he's dumb, drops a lot of passes, and talks out of his ass. He's the embodiment of a momentum killer for that offense.
Yeah it was a smart move only giving him 2 years. When YOTTO 3.0 inevitably fails, we can just get rid of him.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finley would be so good in the steelers offense which is everything that a precision offense is not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
finley would be so good in the steelers offense which is everything that a precision offense is not
This is the Steelers offense:

1. Call a play
2. Execute the play
3. Watch Ben struggle to read the defense.
4. Watch Ben hold the ball, possibly take a shot to the ribs while evading the pass rush.
5. Watch everyone break off their routes.
6. Watch Ben run around some more, and hit somebody downfield for 20 yards when the play broke down.

I used to kill Ben bc he's not a conventional qb, and I just didn't see how he could have long term success in the NFL playing backyard football every play. But give the man credit, he makes it work, even if it's not the tradional way of doing it.

He's aging at twice the rate of any normal qb though.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That is pretty much every Steelers play ever.

On 3rd downs, the pass usually goes to Heath Miller who catches it and manages to just barely pick up the first down. Every time. Heath might only have 3 catches in a given game, but each one will be to pick up a key third down.