Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is the Steelers offense:

1. Call a play
2. Execute the play
3. Watch Ben struggle to read the defense.
4. Watch Ben hold the ball, possibly take a shot to the ribs while evading the pass rush.
5. Watch everyone break off their routes.
6. Watch Ben run around some more, and hit somebody downfield for 20 yards when the play broke down.

I used to kill Ben bc he's not a conventional qb, and I just didn't see how he could have long term success in the NFL playing backyard football every play. But give the man credit, he makes it work, even if it's not the tradional way of doing it.

He's aging at twice the rate of any normal qb though.
youd think so, with all the sacks and the motorcycle accident and what not but he isnt really showing any effects of being 30. He looks sharp right now at least. I think haley will do big things with ben and the offense in general. But ^^^that offense is much better than the one bruce arians wanted.

Bubble Screen to ward
Deep to wallace
Draw

The oline is pure ****, but even if there was a brick wall blocking for ben hed hold on to the ball too long, get hit a lot, roll out to his right, and be the only guy in the NFL that getting sakced 5 or 6 times has little to no baring on the outcome of the game
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That is pretty much every Steelers play ever.

On 3rd downs, the pass usually goes to Heath Miller who catches it and manages to just barely pick up the first down. Every time. Heath might only have 3 catches in a given game, but each one will be to pick up a key third down.
love how much heath is being targeted with haley, will be even more when weslye saunders returns because saunders blocks his ass off on every play
Old 09-18-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I hear Finley's agent is talking **** about A-Rod. When are we going to get rid of this stupid **** and everyone involved with him?
Do you have any quotes? I dont doubt it but it seems like theres always something coming out of that camp that makes me shake my head. Get him out of Green Bay, he really isnt worth what he'll demand. I trust TT to draft a guy or we'll continue to develop DJ Williams within. Either way, I have confidence we'll be prepared for his departure.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is the Steelers offense:

1. Call a play
2. Execute the play
3. Watch Ben struggle to read the defense.
4. Watch Ben hold the ball, possibly take a shot to the ribs while evading the pass rush.
5. Watch everyone break off their routes.
6. Watch Ben run around some more, and hit somebody downfield for 20 yards when the play broke down.

I used to kill Ben bc he's not a conventional qb, and I just didn't see how he could have long term success in the NFL playing backyard football every play. But give the man credit, he makes it work, even if it's not the tradional way of doing it.

He's aging at twice the rate of any normal qb though.
It's so much fun to watch. Big Ben is my absolute favorite QB from that class. Was a fan since day 1.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
It's so much fun to watch. Big Ben is my absolute favorite QB from that class. Was a fan since day 1.
Miami-Ohio always seemed to play on Tuesday/Wednesday nights on ESPN 2, so I got to watch him for pretty much all of his final year of school. I think a big part of what drew me heavily into the draft was following him into it since I had seen more of him than just about any other college player ever.

I miss that. I get why schools are hesitant to play those games (forces a very short week on you) but the exposure it gets your school is awesome. Watching non-BCS conference games on those nights is always fun.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
By the way can Aldon Smith catch a break?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...car-crash.html
Awww poor Aldon, no he can't catch a break. He got a cut above his eye!! The driver only broke his/her back. Poor Aldon though!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ARod is a great QB he isn’t a great leader. There’s a major difference. Leaders take the blame & make every1 better. He doesn’t.
Quote:
my opinion has nothing 2 do w Jermichael. I simply stated that there’s a major diff b/t Manning/Brees/Brady & Arod as leaders
He says it has nothing to do with Jermichael, but then why is he even talking about A-Rod if it wasn't through or relevant to Finley. And even if it isn't Finley is an idiot surrounding himself with other idiots.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermichael Finley has a second career as a ventriloquist? You see his agents mouth moving, but it's clearly Finley talking...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did all the good RBs go? I'm starting to wonder if there's so much of a focus on pass blocking that offenses are not run blocking well. Or maybe we're seeing the results of a talent drain at RB. More prospects that could be RBs may be encouraged to play other positions.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Where did all the good RBs go? I'm starting to wonder if there's so much of a focus on pass blocking that offenses are not run blocking well. Or maybe we're seeing the results of a talent drain at RB. More prospects that could be RBs may be encouraged to play other positions.
I think it's both. Blocking is all about repetition and practice. Teams who pass block more are better at it. Teams who run block more are better at it. If you noticed, most OLs are either good in 1 and bad in the other, or bad at both. Rarely do you ever see an OL that's great at both. Maybe 1 or 2 in the league at best.

Teams throw more than ever, so run blocking doesn't get the reps it used to get.

Couple that with your point on less players wanting to be RBs in college, and the run game just isn't what it used to be.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where did all the good RBs go?
Stevan Ridley is in NE. He hasn't gone anywhere.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean obviously the game's become much more pass-heavy at all levels so some kids who in the past would have been RBs are now WRs... think Harvin/Watkins/etc.

Death has only come to fullbacks, and the game isn't suited for backs who can't operate in the passing game.

There is also a new position of RB/Slot with guys catching 60+ passes a year out of the backfield or in a receiver postion (Bush, Sproles, Spiller, Forte). But to your point - they aren't necessarily not good runners...

So today's backs are more skilled in the passing game, but there are a ton of great pure runners still left...

Off the top of my head...

Peterson's one of the best ever in terms of pure RB-specific skills.

Foster
McCoy
Rice
Lynch
Richardson
FJax
DMac
Mathews

Just because there aren't any Bettises and Turner and SJax kinda suck now doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of real good runners in today's NFL.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

im intrigued by the rams +8 against the bears and the chiefs+ 9 against the saints this week
Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some good, young up-and-coming backs in the league. Ridley, Spiller, Richardson, Murray and Martin, off of the top of my head. Then there are already established guys like Forte, Foster and McCoy who are 26 or younger. I don't feel like there is a shortage of good backs
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im intrigued by the rams +8 against the bears and the chiefs+ 9 against the saints this week
Hmmm.

I like Dallas -7
Jets -3
Colts -3
Browns +3
Chargers -3
Broncos +2
Vikings +7
Bengals +3.5

At first glance.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
There are some good, young up-and-coming backs in the league. Ridley, Spiller, Richardson, Murray and Martin, off of the top of my head. Then there are already established guys like Forte, Foster and McCoy who are 26 or younger. I don't feel like there is a shortage of good backs
well you know, and like Ray Rice and stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well you know, and like Ray Rice and stuff
And like, Marshawn Lynch and stuff.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calm down guys. I was just listing a few that popped into my mind first
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Calm down guys. I was just listing a few that popped into my mind first
Oh I know, I just wanted to mention Lynch.

It's easy to forget Lynch is only 26, it seems like he's been around forever.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Oh I know, I just wanted to mention Lynch.

It's easy to forget Lynch is only 26, it seems like he's been around forever.
Still wish the Packers were able to draft him, instead we ended up with Justin Harrell.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

crazy that lynch is only 26. he seems soooo different now than when he was at cal. Just like guys like cedric benson and clinton portis lynch just looks so much bigger now than when he was as a prospect
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Also, Michael the Burner Turner... not so much anymore...
Old 09-18-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

And wasn't there alot of talk about the Packers trading for him before Seattle nabbed him?

Although with the troubles he had early in his career, who knows if he would have worked out if the Pack or anyone else if they had drafted him.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Also, Michael the Burner Turner... not so much anymore...
exactly, and MJD to an extent. Just kinda seems like a bruiser now
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
And wasn't there alot of talk about the Packers trading for him before Seattle nabbed him?

Although with the troubles he had early in his career, who knows if he would have worked out if the Pack or anyone else had drafted him.
he was bored in buffalo, just a few hours from NYC....he would have hated green bay lol