Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:07 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread

The Wild Card weekend is over. Now on to the Divisional Round

Saturday, January 10

Baltimore Ravens (6) vs. New England Patriots (1)
4:35 PM EST on NBC

Carolina Panthers (4) vs. Seattle Seahawks (1)
8:15 PM EST on FOX

Sunday, January 11

Dallas Cowboys (3) vs. Green Bay Packers (2)
1:05 PM EST on FOX

Indianapolis Colts (4) vs. Denver Broncos (2)
4:40 PM EST on CBS

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a bit leery of Cam after the Atlanta game. But if he doesn't play 10 million times better than he did last week they have no shot.

Only thing going for the Panthers is that their defense has shut down Seattle's offense the past two years. Both games were in CAR but still.

Seattle hasn't really played a clean playoff game at home with this Wilson group yet. They've usually been littered with mistakes. If they play like they have been recently in the regular season, it will be a blowout.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle should roll pretty easily. The other games should be close.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Panthers defense is really underrated for that game. It's going to be a really good game.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers defense is tops but I don't trust that offense at all. The Seahawks are so much better on offense than Arizona. I'd take Seahawks pretty confidently but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Panthers make a game of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be like the opening to Madden 15. Get it?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Bennett talking about the Panthers:

Quote:
“It’s so much alike, man. It’s like you look at a girl who looks like you, and you find out it’s your cousin, so you can’t go on a date with her even though you’d like to, because she looks like you. But then you see her friend, and her friend’s really hot, and you’re like, ‘that’s not my cousin,’ so it’s good.”
More:

Quote:
It’s kind of weird playing them, because it’s almost like you’re looking in the mirror. It’s a team that has similar attributes all over, similar qualities—both quarterbacks are both mobile, big receivers—well we don’t have any big receivers, but we have big-hearted receivers

- Ko Simpson
Old 01-07-2015, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the ****? Lmao

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:40 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ridiculous upset prediction is Indy over Denver, and for no other reason than if Luck is going to have his coming out party like "this league is mine now" it'll be this game.

If you were a defensive coordinator would you be more scared of Luck or Peyton right now? I'd be terrified of Luck. You can have the correct defense called on him and his arm talent is so good it won't matter.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:40 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos fan here and Luck scares the **** out of me. Dude balls hard normally, but he's one of those guys that can make something from nothing even when you get pressure and cover well with his athleticism and ability to throw on the run. It seems Super Bowl winners always have QBs that catch on fire and Luck definitely has that going right now.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have confidence that the Panthers defense will be able to keep it close but I have no faith in Carolina actually putting up much of any points vs Seattle's defense. They have been unable to do that twice the past 2 years(at home) and will now be traveling to Seattle where the team is on another level

I think Denver wins comfortably. They'll gash Indy with their run game and score 35+ points IMO

Bal/NE should be good. This is a game that most will prime for an upset...but I think NE's defense will hold serve and the Pats win 21-17 something around that

GB/DAL should be fun. Probably the homer in me but I don't see Dallas' defense stopping GB from doing what they want to do...even with Rodgers likely to be limited with his mobility. I think Lacy and especially Cobb have huge games to carry the load. GB gets up big early and forces Dallas to play catch up, which doesn't bode well for them on the road in Lambeau. All the talk is about Dallas' OL and Murray vs Packers run D, but I think Lacy and the Packers OL shines more in this match-up

I'll take all the home teams in this, with Bal/NE being the most likely of an upset
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:58 AM    (permalink
GoonSquad
Rookie

GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I have confidence that the Panthers defense will be able to keep it close but I have no faith in Carolina actually putting up much of any points vs Seattle's defense. They have been unable to do that twice the past 2 years(at home) and will now be traveling to Seattle where the team is on another level

I think Denver wins comfortably. They'll gash Indy with their run game and score 35+ points IMO

Bal/NE should be good. This is a game that most will prime for an upset...but I think NE's defense will hold serve and the Pats win 21-17 something around that

GB/DAL should be fun. Probably the homer in me but I don't see Dallas' defense stopping GB from doing what they want to do...even with Rodgers likely to be limited with his mobility. I think Lacy and especially Cobb have huge games to carry the load. GB gets up big early and forces Dallas to play catch up, which doesn't bode well for them on the road in Lambeau. All the talk is about Dallas' OL and Murray vs Packers run D, but I think Lacy and the Packers OL shines more in this match-up

I'll take all the home teams in this, with Bal/NE being the most likely of an upset

We'll see. This seems to be the prevailing thought amongst non-Dallas fans.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:56 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens
Colts
Seahawks
Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:11 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ravens
Colts
Seahawks
Cowboys
Pats going down at Gillette
Packers going down at Lambeau
Broncos going down at Mile High

Those are 3 teams that have historically been very strong at home. I could see 1 or 2 of them losing. 3 is a lot.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ravens
Colts
Seahawks
Cowboys
That's what I'd LIKE to see, but I doubt we'll see more than one upset this week.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with the sentiment that Cam Newton will need a big game for the Panthers to win. Doesn't have to be Superman but asking a #1 pick to play like it is probably not asking too much. My guess is he isn't up to it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Agree with the sentiment that Cam Newton will need a big game for the Panthers to win. Doesn't have to be Superman but asking a #1 pick to play like it is probably not asking too much. My guess is he isn't up to it.
Did Cam Newton kick your dog or something? I feel like half your posts recently have been trashing Newton.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys and Packers fans, if you like GoT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trai...ys-vs-@packers

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:07 PM    (permalink
GoonSquad
Rookie

GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoonSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Cowboys and Packers fans, if you like GoT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trai...ys-vs-@packers
Love the effort, but the medieval history and Game of Thrones fan in me is cringing.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:12 PM    (permalink
GoonSquad
Rookie

Here ya'll go... missed holding call on 4th and 6? There was a defensive holding that should have been called the play before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171012009.html

Can people stop getting upset yet?

Last edited by GoonSquad : 01-08-2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to post link doh!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Did Cam Newton kick your dog or something? I feel like half your posts recently have been trashing Newton.
Didn't know i was supposed to treat him with kid gloves. Hope he proves me wrong, sort of.

Let me add i don't wish anyone bad. He really needs to take the next step though if he wants to be considered elite.

Last edited by Babylon : 01-08-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

27-17 New England

23-15 Seattle

34-33 Green Bay

38-28 Denver

- Ko Simpson
Old 01-09-2015, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow will be the first time in my life that I root for the Patriots.

I just don't want Baltimore to advance because the longer Gary Kubiak goes uninterviewed, the less likely he is to be the next coach of the Bears.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please save your energy for tonight. Use all your energy to root for Panthers extremely.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Please save your energy for tonight. Use all your energy to root for Panthers extremely.
Yeah, that'll work.

I actually expect a good game. Both defenses playing really well. Might come down to the team that turns the ball over the least winning.