Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If you actually watch Washington this year they are pretty much running the same offense for RG3 that Cam is running in Carolina, but RG3 some how is better?
How do you figure that? Does cam ever even call his own plays???
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
You are vastly underrating rg3s arm my friend
You must be vastly underrating Elway's arm then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Pretty much. Notice i didn't say they couldn't make all the throws/win a superbowl etc.
Never said you did. Interesting opinion though.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Is that why he's vastly outperformed Gabbert?
How do you think Locker would have looked on the Jaguars last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
How do you think Locker would have looked on the Jaguars last year?
I would say hypothetical Locker would have done better than reality Gabbert.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So sick of the whole revolutionizing the QB position theory - it seems to be an annual thing and to be honest only associated with black quarterbacks (just an honest observation - Vick, Young, Russell, Newton and now Griffin have all been associated with revolutionizing the position). Nothing is being revolutionized by any one individual. Offenses are changing and evolving - keep it at that. Spread offenses have been around for awhile - the reason they are working now is due to the rule changes. There is a definite correlation between the defensive rule changes and the offensive explosion in the NFL.

Griffin has a good arm, accuracy and mobility. But he takes way to many hits - the Bengals game was freaking brutal for him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Pretty much. Notice i didn't say they couldn't make all the throws/win a superbowl etc.

RGIII's arm is superior to Luck's, who's arm strength is more like Peyton in his prime. Good enough, strong enough, but not special or rare.
RGIII's velocity and release are elite, and he can throw the ball 70-75 yards on the fly all day long.
You will learn!lol

What's cool about Robert is even on those rare instances when he's off target, the ball is coming in so hot that the DB can't react quickly enough to pull it in for an INT.

As for ELway, there are QBs who've come into the league since him with similar arm strength. Testaverde has a beast arm as a younger player. Jeff George. Warren Moon. Cunningham. Marino. Favre. Culpepper. Vick. Stafford. Rodgers. Cutler. Jamarcus Russell. Locker. Newton. (I know I'm missing others.)

RGIII belongs with this group.
He and Luck just aren't in the same category as pure throwers.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
DanDanE420
Rookie

DanDanE420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tannehill is already one of the better QBs in the league against the blitz.
DanDanE420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDanE420 View Post
Tannehill is already one of the better QBs in the league against the blitz.
I believe RG3 is almost unstoppable when facing 5+ rushers. I forget where I saw it but he's completing like 77%.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

It makes me wonder wat you guys look at when these guys throw the ball. RG3 throws just as hard as anyone in the league. I mean really how do you know who throws the hardest/harder?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of y'all are astonishingly ridiculous. Real talk.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arm strength is overrated..

Sincerely,
Joe Montana
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I believe RG3 is almost unstoppable when facing 5+ rushers. I forget where I saw it but he's completing like 77%.
I've heard Tannehill is over 80% in the same stat.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
I've heard Tannehill is over 80% in the same stat.

Tannehill went 16-of-22 passes for 306 yards, a touchdown and an interception against at least five pass rushers.

^Last week vs. the Cardinals.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might have to reshuffle the deck, Cam Newton looked terrible yesterday. It's easy to say he has nothing around him there but Carolina's problems are their defense is terrible. You should be able to make somthing out of weapons such as Jonathon Stewart, Greg Olsen, Steve Smith and Brandon Lafell.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Arm strength is overrated..

Sincerely,
Joe Montana
Well, yeah, in a sense. You need enough to make all the throws and put some zip on your passes, but it's not the be-all and end-all. At the same time, I think arm strength is like speed: you can never have too much. How damn scary would Montana have been if he had Favre's arm?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck. He doesn't even look like a rookie.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill's really impressing me. I was a believer around draft time and he's surpassing even my expectations and looks legit. With his natural talents, work ethic and intelligence, kid's gunna be an excellent QB...plus he knows what the WR is thinking...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
freak_of_nature
Rookie

freak_of_nature hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Tannehill's really impressing me. I was a believer around draft time and he's surpassing even my expectations and looks legit. With his natural talents, work ethic and intelligence, kid's gunna be an excellent QB...plus he knows what the WR is thinking...
I'm hoping Miami makes a run at Mike Wallace this offseason to give The Tannchise some help.
freak_of_nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak_of_nature View Post
I'm hoping Miami makes a run at Mike Wallace this offseason to give The Tannchise some help.
That's terrible.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For how impressive RG III has been its hard to evaluate these type of dual threat option qbs like cam newton. Basically what I'm sting is you can't say after there rookie year they're the real deal.

As cam newton is finding out now, there comes the time you have to become a passer can't consistantly rely on your speed and athleticism at the qb position. Reothlisbuerger learned and became successful and only uses it when needed.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII isn't a dual threat QB.

He's a pocket passer with 4.3 speed. Running is always a last option for him when it's his choice to make.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
RGIII isn't a dual threat QB.

He's a pocket passer with 4.3 speed. Running is always a last option for him when it's his choice to make.
That's the stupid thing. The Redskins are just sending their franchise QB out to get killed. Hopefully they learn from what happened yesterday, but if they don't RG3 won't last for very long.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
That's the stupid thing. The Redskins are just sending their franchise QB out to get killed. Hopefully they learn from what happened yesterday, but if they don't RG3 won't last for very long.
... you're insinuating that play was designed?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote