Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 4: Packers vs Saints

The Saints are 0-3 but this scares me. They are desperate and still have Breed as their QB. By far the best QB we have seen so far so lets hope our D performs like it has the last 2 weeks.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just go easy on us guys
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the D keeps up the effort they given the last two games we should win. The Saints D has been atrocious. I mean almost as bad as the 2011 Packers D. The offense should score enough to win as long as he D doesn't relapse.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose, we go 1-3. This is not good.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we lose, we go 1-3. This is not good.
Wait you forgot the * ... its 1-3*

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a ton of confidence in our defense.

If our offense doesn't start to click this week, and my that I mean scoring at least 30 points, well then we have problems.

I expect a score similar to last year's scores..... Packers 38, Saints 21
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

If our offense doesn't start to click this week, and my that I mean scoring at least 30 points, well then we have problems.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to run the football!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
We need to run the football!!!!!
Benson looks pretty good.
I think Starks is getting healthy.
It should allow Alex Green to slowly get his legs, knee, confidence back.

Running the ball will help Rodgers, the OL, the passing game, and the team.
I think McCarthy, a great coach but very stubborn, learned his lesson in the 1st half in Seattle with the 8 sacks.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This was more surprising to me than the prediction. I'm encouraged by the last two games in terms of defense, but not yet ready to proclaim the problems fixed.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
This was more surprising to me than the prediction. I'm encouraged by the last two games in terms of defense, but not yet ready to proclaim the problems fixed.
The pass rush has been outstanding, since the Niners game.
Walden and Perry are giving Matthews more help than he's ever had.
And Dez Moses gives us 4 capable pass rushers.

And all those DBs looked solid against Seattle.

While I am usually of the pessimistic side, I am very confident in this defense. As long as we don't get unfairly hit, again, with injuries, we're gonna be fine. Even with an offense that has been playing like the Browns, we'll be in contention with the defense. Sounds like much of 2010.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling you guys are going to slaughter us.

You are about to behold just how terrible this year's Defense is. We might as well not even field a Defense on Sunday and it might be a better looking result.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I have a feeling you guys are going to slaughter us.

You are about to behold just how terrible this year's Defense is. We might as well not even field a Defense on Sunday and it might be a better looking result.
That's almost how our defense was last year.
Sproles & Jim Graham, at 5 ft 3 and 6 ft 8 will give us fits.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's almost how our defense was last year.
Sproles & Jim Graham, at 5 ft 3 and 6 ft 8 will give us fits.
Sproles has been good, he seems to tear it up early but we abandon him later in games.

Jimmy Graham has 3 Touchdowns but other than that he's been a disappointment so far, A lot of dropped passes coming from him. I don't know if his concentration is down or what, but we need him to keep the chains moving.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

And if we needed any more confirmation that this call was wrong. Ed Hochuli himself finally addresses it:

The NFL issued a statement Tuesday in which the league concurred with the replay official's decision not to overturn the ruling of a touchdown. Nowhere in the statement did the league say the initial call was correct.

"We use situations that occur as learning opportunities. Not to be critical, but as learning opportunities," Hochuli said as a disclaimer. "So let's look at the rule."

Hochuli defined a simultaneous catch as one in which four hands secure the football at the same time. It is not a simultaneous catch, he says, if one player has it in mid-air and then another joins him in the act of possessing it.

The player who had possessed the ball first (in the case of Monday's game, Jennings) is the one who should be rewarded with possession.
It also does not matter if the initial grab occurs before the player hit the ground.

"I will tell you I've worked over 450 games in this league. I have never seen a simultaneous catch," Hochuli said. "To get four hands on the ball at the same time is a pretty unusual situation.

"I've seen simultaneous recoveries. That's not uncommon. You un-pile the players, they're going after a loose ball and there are two guys who are completely wrapped around the football, and you have a simultaneous recovery. You're going to give the ball to the offense.
"But a simultaneous catch is a hard thing to have."

He added, "I point that out only because if you're going to call it, be really confident in what you're doing. Do understand that rule that you're going to get four hands on that football at the same time in order to have a simultaneous catch."
Later, while the officials waited for a disconnected Hochuli to rejoin them, they went over the rule again.
"We can rule on simultaneous catches in the end zone. That is reviewable," referee Bill Leavy said. "And the way we would've (ruled Monday) night's would've been an interception."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/....ady/57846092/1
Of a simultaneous catch, Leavy added, "Like Ed said, I've never seen one."
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got a link for this one?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

What did we do to deserve this punishment.. seriously that Jimmy Graham non catch that was ruled a catch... to Rodgers getting poked in eye followed by Harrell fumble. Seriously wtf. Last week was enough.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Whee that was really close and really nerve racking... the refs really do not like us this year. So glad we came out on top. Huge win going to 2-2* instead of 1-3

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge win, had to have it. Triplette has always been one of the WORST regular refs, so no surprise he was **** again today

the D finally got to face a great O and well....looked a lot like last year. Guys were open over the middle all day long, they converted an insanely high % of 3rd downs, including one drive where they converted a 3rd and 17 and a 3rd and 14. Just inexcusable. DL didn't generate much of a push

It's not easy shutting down a good offense, but the same problems we saw last year reared its ugly head again today. This D still has a long way to go

The O finally got it together though. The Rodgers INT was a great play by the DB in all honesty. The Graham Harrell fumble was just atrocious. Huge momentum shift right there. Big win though, big

now they go for 3 straight road games. The tough one is @ Hou. They have to go 2-1 in those 3 or better. CAn't afford too many more losses
Old 10-01-2012, 06:14 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

What was the official ruling on that KO return fumble? I couldn't hear the broadcast. McCarthy wasted a challenge on that play with Jordy. I don't know who was giving him advice but that had no chance of being overturned. That red flag would have come in handy after that fumble.

On both long 3rd down conversions they only rushed three. You can get away with that against Cutler and Wilson but against Brees you will get eaten up. Saints targeted Shields a lot; still the weak link in the secondary.

Run defense still played well. Saints payed a lot of attention to Clay and nobody stepped up to take advantage.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I am SICK of Capers going to that 3 man rush on 3rd and long against elite QB's. So dumb

he also played too much zone, which in turn caused communication/missed assignments and led to that long TD

Shields had been playing great the last 2 weeks, so I'll cut him some slack on that TD. It wasn't like he was just beat, he just thought he was going to get Safety help

These DB's strength is press/man coverage. Let them jam the WR's off the line/reroute them instead of just playing zone. Left all the underneath stuff wide open all over the field, especially the middle. The way Capers gameplans for elite QB's/offense maddens me

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-01-2012 at 10:14 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yeah, I am SICK of Capers going to that 3 man rush on 3rd and long against elite QB's. So dumb

he also played too much zone, which in turn caused communication/missed assignments and led to that long TD

Shields had been playing great the last 2 weeks, so I'll cut him some slack on that TD. It wasn't like he was just beat, he just thought he was going to get Safety help

These DB's strength is press/man coverage. Let them jam the WR's off the line/reroute them instead of just playing zone. Left all the underneath stuff wide open all over the field, especially the middle. The way Capers gameplans for elite QB's/offense maddens me
It wasn't just that play where Shields underperformed yesterday...he was constantly the man that the Saints were targeting and was certainly a weak link throughout the game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote