Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If the Chiefs draft him and he busts, they'll look fine. No one will be upset if that happens.
Although I don't agree 100%, I think there is an element of truth to this. Any team that drafts a bust of a QB at #1 overall is going to get crucified by the media and the fans. I'd think this would be especially true when there is a general sense that the player is surrounded by so many question marks and is generally not considered the best player in the draft. With that said, I think the KC fans' rage could be curtailed slightly by the "well, at least they tried" factor in drafting a QB in the first round. Being a KC fan myself, I'd much rather them win with a QB they didn't draft than to have them take a middling QB and "homegrow" him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I'm an LSU fan so ever sense I heard he beat out Brian Brohm for the backup spot I have been hoping he could get a starting gig.
I think it's pretty interesting that the Raiders drafted Russell and then also traded for his backup a few years later. Now that he's a Raider, I clearly hope he flops as a starter, haha.

Quote:
If you think he can win with Alex Smith, than you have to think he'd win with Cassel. Fact: Matt Cassel has been better with good offensive coaches than Alex Smith has been with good offensive coaches.

It's hard to get excited for a season when the Chiefs may have actually downgraded at QB.
First of all, don't mistake me for an Alex Smith apologist. I'm lukewarm on him at best. However, having watched Cassel for the last 4 years, I disagree with this, especially from an Andy Reid / West Coast Offense standpoint. I'm obviously speculating here, but when Reid looks at the last 4 seasons for Cassel, he sees completion % of 55, 58, 59 and 58. Meanwhile, Smith had 60, 59, 61, and 70. That's an average of 5% higher, which is definitely meaningful when looking for a QB that needs to run a high % passing game. Receiver-wise, I think the two teams had comparable talent for the most part. Intangible-wise, I felt like Cassel melted under the pressure when he needed to carry the team. No idea how Smith compares in that regard.

I realize it's a crude comparison, but I think it absolutely plays into the line of thinking. Not only did the break need to be made from an organization standpoint, but I've got to think Andy Reid had nightmares about Cassel throwing incomplete on 1st down after looking at his tape.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you think he can win with Alex Smith, than you have to think he'd win with Cassel. Fact: Matt Cassel has been better with good offensive coaches than Alex Smith has been with good offensive coaches.

It's hard to get excited for a season when the Chiefs may have actually downgraded at QB.
It's hilarious that we've pointed this out for over a month now and none of the Alex Smith supporters offered any kind of rebuttle to it.

Someone else also pointed out how Alex Smith is like 2-20 something career win/loss record when he has to throw it more than 28 times or something. And now he's playing for a coach who throws it more than any coach in NFL history.

Sounds like a recipe for success.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, if you enjoy restricting yourself to proven mediocrity, sure.
You mean like Alex Smith? I like my stop gap mediocrity as a bargain.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Hes pretty good at losing starting jobs. Watch him lose to Pryor in camp lol
That would be fine with me being that we didn't give up a 2nd and 3rd rounder to get him.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm not a Alex Smith fan but what the hell has Matt Flynn ever done?
I don't know, didn't he throw 9 TDs to two game or something like that? When has Mr. Smith every come close to doing anything like that?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I don't know, didn't he throw 9 TDs to two game or something like that? When has Mr. Smith every come close to doing anything like that?
I'm not a fan of Alex Smith at all, but he's lightyears ahead of Matt ******* Flynn. I get that you're a Raiders fan and you have to defend him, but this is homerism to the max.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flynn had a huge game in a shootout in week 17 against Detroit in 2011. 480 yards and 6 TDs. What people don't remember is that Stafford threw for 520 yards and 5 TDs and neither defense showed up whatsoever.

I think it is safe to say that that one game was not indicative of what we should expect from him on a week-to-week basis next season. I think it is also fair to say that Alex Smith is better than he is being given credit for by many of the posters on this board. He has made huge strides the last few seasons. He has a 2-1 TD-INT ratio the last 4 years. He will never be a stat machine but he has learned how to win in the NFL and I think he will have more success in years to come. He had a passer rating of 100 last year, and 90 the year before that. Matt Flynn hyas definitely never shown that he can do that over the course of a whole season.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn also had a good game against New England in 2010, when he went 24 for 37 passing, for 241 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT. He had a 100.2 passer rating. That game, by itself, is pretty good.

I mean, I'm Flynn's biggest critic. I don't think he's very good. But he's actually had *TWO* pretty good games, not just the one great game that people keep talking about.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to the National Football Post's Russ Lande, OTs Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher and Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan are the only three players the Chiefs are considering with the No. 1 pick.
GM John Dorsey said the team was down to four choices, but it's apparently only three. Perhaps Dorsey was leaving the door open for Geno Smith to be considered in case a quarterback-desperate team gets the itch to trade into the No. 1 spot. The Chiefs remain interested in trading down, but they'll likely end up staying put in the top spot, and taking their left tackle of the future.
Source: Russ Lande on Twitter Apr 2 - 5:46 PM
I wonder if it really will be Fisher in the end? Hmm.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not a fan of Alex Smith at all, but he's lightyears ahead of Matt ******* Flynn. I get that you're a Raiders fan and you have to defend him, but this is homerism to the max.
LOL, I don't have to do anything. I am not a huge fan of Flynn, sir, and you never heard me calling for him. Furthermore, simply pointing out what he did in two games does not equate to homerism, it equates to factual information regardless of who mentions it.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Flynn also had a good game against New England in 2010, when he went 24 for 37 passing, for 241 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT. He had a 100.2 passer rating. That game, by itself, is pretty good.

I mean, I'm Flynn's biggest critic. I don't think he's very good. But he's actually had *TWO* pretty good games, not just the one great game that people keep talking about.
Guess you are a homer as well for saying so.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
shows how much you know.

As of 11/29/2012 Houston was Pro Football Focusís highest graded 3-4 OLB, with a mark of +18.0. He finished the yr as their 4th ranked 3-4OLB

Tamba Hali was ranked top 10 in pass rushing productivity as an OLB. In the previous 2yrs he was a double digit sack guy.

citation needed. that is pure speculation at this point.

Hmm. Dion Jordan, OLB is reportedly one of the finalist for the Chefs selection. Don't they read Pro Football Focus?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan #1 Overall???? Just don't see it.

Still thinking it is Luke.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was a Chief, I would want Cordarrelle Patterson. He gives you the most voltage. Having Bowe allows Cordarrelle to play a secondary (or less) role among the receivers. What better way to compensate for a QB's relatively underwhelming deep ball than a player who is known for his ability to take a short one the distance? You don't need a tackle. Sharriff Floyd would be awful. Take the playmaker. You might as well. The pick you have a #33 has a perfectly legitimate shot at being better than a good handful of players picked in the top 20 this year. It's like having two first round picks.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
If I was a Chief, I would want Cordarrelle Patterson. He gives you the most voltage. Having Bowe allows Cordarrelle to play a secondary (or less) role among the receivers. What better way to compensate for a QB's relatively underwhelming deep ball than a player who is known for his ability to take a short one the distance? You don't need a tackle. Sharriff Floyd would be awful. Take the playmaker. You might as well. The pick you have a #33 has a perfectly legitimate shot at being better than a good handful of players picked in the top 20 this year. It's like having two first round picks.
They already have their "Patterson" on the roster with Baldwin.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeaaah, they kind of sort of traded #33 for Alex Smith. so they traded, and I'm agreeing with you here, what is basically a first round pick for Alex Smith...
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
wat. Patterson is an electric, after-the catch receiver. Baldwin is a deep threat, sure, but is not remotely close to Patterson with the ball in his hands

edit: sorry for the 2x post
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
wat. Patterson is an electric, after-the catch receiver. Baldwin is a deep threat, sure, but is not remotely close to Patterson with the ball in his hands

edit: sorry for the 2x post
I'm not comparing their talents as much as I'm saying they already have their deep threat with him. (As you said)

Baldwin is a playmaker - and they are expecting big things from him going into his 3rd season.

I don't see Patterson making sense when they got him and Bowe already.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how Dion Jordan makes the cut for the Chiefs #1 pick, that makes no sense at all. You don't need a 3rd OLB in a 3-4, unless the plan would be to draft Jordan and trade Hali? At least with Joeckel/Fisher, Albert is only under contract for 1 year and they could play RT for that one year, where would Jordan play? He isn't better than Houston or Hali...
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
yeaaah, they kind of sort of traded #33 for Alex Smith. so they traded, and I'm agreeing with you here, what is basically a first round pick for Alex Smith...
Oh, that was #33? My bad. Regardless. With this class, that's probably a reasonable value.

Quote:
This is just... off. Baldwin is not like Patterson. I wasn't calling Patterson a deep threat - I said just the opposite, in fact.

Quote:
I'm not comparing their talents as much as I'm saying they already have their deep threat with him. (As you said)

Baldwin is a playmaker - and they are expecting big things from him going into his 3rd season.

I don't see Patterson making sense when they got him and Bowe already.
If Bowe and Baldwin can be an effective outside pair, all the better for Patterson, the jumbo-sized Percy Harvin. With Jamaal Charles (and, as most of us understand by now, a decent-enough offensive line), that would make for an explosive offense. He'd make a bigger difference than Joekel. I think signing Alex Smith is a great reason to add another open-field creator; that's where Alex Smith is going to be at his best, too; when he can get rid of it quickly. Having Patterson to make defenses pay attention short and intermediate will make things easier for Bowe and Baldwin to get past the defense and help Charles, too.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean like Alex Smith? I like my stop gap mediocrity as a bargain.
Yes, I mean like Alex Smith. Matt Flynn is a level below mediocrity.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Neither has a damn thing on Kevin Kolb......who possibly gets concussed when brushing his teeth.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, that was #33? My bad. Regardless. With this class, that's probably a reasonable value.

This is just... off. Baldwin is not like Patterson. I wasn't calling Patterson a deep threat - I said just the opposite, in fact.

If Bowe and Baldwin can be an effective outside pair, all the better for Patterson, the jumbo-sized Percy Harvin. With Jamaal Charles (and, as most of us understand by now, a decent-enough offensive line), that would make for an explosive offense. He'd make a bigger difference than Joekel. I think signing Alex Smith is a great reason to add another open-field creator; that's where Alex Smith is going to be at his best, too; when he can get rid of it quickly. Having Patterson to make defenses pay attention short and intermediate will make things easier for Bowe and Baldwin to get past the defense and help Charles, too.
I've been saying Patterson makes the most sense too, in my opinion he is the most explosive athlete on offense in the draft this year.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I've been saying Patterson makes the most sense too, in my opinion he is the most explosive athlete on offense in the draft this year.
Well it's either him or Austin.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yes, I mean like Alex Smith. Matt Flynn is a level below mediocrity.
Okay Homer Forenci, we will see. But what we do know is you are out of a 2nd rounder and at least a 3rd.