Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Of course there is no clear cut. Even NFL teams with professionals who do this for a living are confused. Whether you talk about ANY of the QB prospects. So taking Geno #1 overall is hardly smart.

You admit it, but don't wanna admit it. LOL.
what? I'm actually confused by what you're trying to say here. It actually relates nothing to what I just said...

All you're saying is "trade down!! poor value!!!"

I'm saying "there's A) a miniscule chance they can trade down B) get "their guy" in the 2nd round

I'm thinking they've got Geno and Tyler as their top 2 guys, so taking Geno, their top guy, at one is better than passing on someone who won't even make that big of an impact in reality, and grabbing their 5th rated guy. Taking Geno is really the ONLY smart thing they can do.

Unless Albert walks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey at least I don't make you mad.

All I know is that Chiefs fans are hoping Geno Smith improves his arm strength.
You really don't really make me mad. I admit that you make me feel like being condescending to you when you say silly things, but you're on an entirely different intellect level than Bitonti. I still laugh when I'm being a dick to you, because most of the stuff you post is normal. You're not just plain stupid all of the time like him.

Bitonti's thought on football are about as well-thought out and researched as the stuff my nephew's kid says about what teams should do after he plays Madden franchise with fair trades off and no salary cap. I can laugh and pat the kid on the head because he's 9. When it's a grown man...yeah, I get mad.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what? I'm actually confused by what you're trying to say here. It actually relates nothing to what I just said...

All you're saying is "trade down!! poor value!!!"

I'm saying "there's A) a miniscule chance they can trade down B) get "their guy" in the 2nd round

I'm thinking they've got Geno and Tyler as their top 2 guys, so taking Geno, their top guy, at one is better than passing on someone who won't even make that big of an impact in reality, and grabbing their 5th rated guy. Taking Geno is really the ONLY smart thing they can do.

Unless Albert walks.
You said earlier that if they decided Wilson was their guy then it was fine taking him #1 overall. You consistently say that the difference is not great. So why reach?

Trading down from #1 shouldn't be put at miniscule odds. Especially if there is a team that wants Joeckel or Star or Moore. I guarantee nobody wants to trade up for Geno though.

The ability to trade down and still getting Geno or Wilson is not hugely impossible.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You said earlier that if they decided Wilson was their guy then it was fine taking him #1 overall. You consistently say that the difference is not great. So why reach?

Trading down from #1 shouldn't be put at miniscule odds. Especially if there is a team that wants Joeckel or Star or Moore. I guarantee nobody wants to trade up for Geno though.

The ability to trade down and still getting Geno or Wilson is not hugely impossible.
Why reach? How's it a reach? There are plenty of teams needing a QB and neither will fall to the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. You act like other teams can't move ahead too. The Chiefs could trade down and just be **** outta luck at QB and have to settle for a Barkley, Glennon or Nassib.

How can you "guarantee" nobody wants to trade up for Geno? I didn't know you were an NFL exec. Glad to know Buffalo, the Jets or Cards don't wanna trade up for the guy that they feel is their QB guy in this draft. I'm not sure how you can guarantee that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. KC***
2. JAX***
3. OAK***
4. PHI***
5. DET
6. CLE***
7. ARI***
8. BUF***
9. NYJ***
10. TEN

That's your top ten this year. The ones with the stars could conceivably draft a first round QB. If you're KC, you're putting yourselves behind these teams when you trade down.

That SHOULD end the discussion, but of course it won't.

I think people are going to be shocked this year. I could see 3 QBs going top ten in a year when all these people are saying that KC should be able to trade down to the 20s and still get the one they want.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
1. KC***
2. JAX***
3. OAK***
4. PHI***
5. DET
6. CLE***
7. ARI***
8. BUF***
9. NYJ***
10. TEN

That's your top ten this year. The ones with the stars could conceivably draft a first round QB. If you're KC, you're putting yourselves behind these teams when you trade down.

I think people are going to be shocked this year. I could see 3 QBs going top ten in a year when all these people are saying that KC should be able to trade down to the 20s and still get the one they want.
People are still kinda hungover from last years QB draft.
And then with Dalton and Kaepernick having success, people see this as a norm not an outlying set of events.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
People are still kinda hungover from last years QB draft.
And then with Dalton and Kaepernick having success, people see this as a norm not an outlying set of events.
This is the problem, and one I've tried to explain for all 40 or whatever pages of this thread, but people don't want to listen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Why reach? How's it a reach? There are plenty of teams needing a QB and neither will fall to the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. You act like other teams can't move ahead too. The Chiefs could trade down and just be **** outta luck at QB and have to settle for a Barkley, Glennon or Nassib.

How can you "guarantee" nobody wants to trade up for Geno? I didn't know you were an NFL exec. Glad to know Buffalo, the Jets or Cards don't wanna trade up for the guy that they feel is their QB guy in this draft. I'm not sure how you can guarantee that...
I predict it then. As close to guarantee as I can get.

Why would they be outta luck if they had to settle for Barkley, Glennon or Nassib if they never thought there was much difference between them and Smith or Wilson to begin with? You say I can't assume. So neither can you.

But there ARE real NFL scouts/execs who are confused as to who the top guy is. That's undebateable. That's why it's a reach.

If the Chiefs want to move up to get a QB using their 2nd rounder, they can do that too. Why are you acting like that's not a possibility? Everyone keeps saying they don't have a lot of needs. So use their other pick(s) or future pick(s) and package it/them to move up.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
1. KC***
2. JAX***
3. OAK***
4. PHI***
5. DET
6. CLE***
7. ARI***
8. BUF***
9. NYJ***
10. TEN

Which 3 QBs would go in the Top 10 in your opinion?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The truth is this: If you like a QB, and you're not sure if he'll be there with a trade down from #1 or a trade up from #34, you better take him at #1.

imo there is no such thing as a reach when it comes to getting your franchise QB.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The truth is this: If you like a QB, and you're not sure if he'll be there with a trade down from #1 or a trade up from #34, you better take him at #1.

imo there is no such thing as a reach when it comes to getting your franchise QB.
I agree with that... IF you're getting a FRANCHISE quarterback.

If the Cheifs think that Geno is that, then I can't blame them for taking him. I'll just blame them for believing that.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-12-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon?

Would you be massively shocked if any of these guys went in the top 10?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's any chance Wilson goes top 10. Every NFL team had an up close and personal look at him and the verdict was: tough, but has small hands and a weak arm. I'm gonna say Geno and Glennon could go top 10, no one else.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

yeah right no chance any of them do. I mean you say it like a QB like Ponder went in the top 12....oh wait....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
I could see any of Geno, Barkley, Wilson, Glennon, or even Nassib going top ten. I'm not going to guess as to which teams like which QBs or what order they prefer them in, but I do think Geno's the clear-cut best QB prospect in this class.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day you can argue this all you like, but if the Chiefs drafted a QB its because Andy truly believed he could potentially be the franchise QB and if Andy thinks that then by all means he is worth the first overall pick even if he DOES NOT pan out.

A draftnicks we all suffer from revisionist tendencies sometimes but if you believe someone gives you the best chance to win you take him regardless of empty terms like relative value.

I am in the camp that believes Geno will be in KC and I also think its the right choice whether or not he pans out. The Chiefs need a QB. Period.

1. KC: Geno Smith
7. ARI: Mike Glennon
33. JAC: Matt Barkley
41. BUF: Ryan Nassib
66. OAK: Tyler Wilson
98. PHI: EJ Manuel

That's how I can see things playing out.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I wouldn't be. Nor do I think there is a big clear difference Geno and the rest of them.

I'm sure there will be some difference somewhere in 3 years when we can all look back and judge. But I honestly can't tell right now. All I know is that none of those QBs are worth the #1 pick.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yay Geno is apparently going to do everything at the combine.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't be massively shocked if he went top 10, but I really do think that Barkley is going to be the last of those guys to be picked and he'll fall out of the first day.

But I wouldn't be massively shocked. It only takes one team.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

With what I've seen from certain unnamed people (like GMs... not janitors) in organizations, I would be shocked if more than 1 QB goes in round 1.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw this interesting tidbit on twitter

@Mike Garofolo
re: rumblings Chiefs concerned with Albert's back, I would'nt put much into that.He had a full physical last week - and passed it.

ok so he passed the physical now PAY the man
Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Face it guys: the Chiefs are going to draft Eric Fisher because Albert's back is going out and Fisher is from Michigan, and Michiganders are awesome!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
just saw this interesting tidbit on twitter

@Mike Garofolo
re: rumblings Chiefs concerned with Albert's back, I would'nt put much into that.He had a full physical last week - and passed it.

ok so he passed the physical now PAY the man
I love when a writer uses the word "rumblings" instead of even bothering with "unnamed sources." Those are golden. Half the time it means some jerkwads on a message board were talking about it. We are "rumblings."
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious to what Chiefs fans think of the idea to giving up two firsts (obviously this years #1 and next years whatever) to get Joe Flacco.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just curious to what Chiefs fans think of the idea to giving up two firsts (obviously this years #1 and next years whatever) to get Joe Flacco.
HECK YES!!!