Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
No one makes you act douchey. That's a personal decision.

side note I see alot of geno-fans saying "assuming Albert is re-signed" over and over. Why is this an assumption? He's gonna want 10 mil per year, coming off a year plagued with back spasms. Some team like the Bears might actually give it to him. Once March rolls around the chiefs could have a QB from FA/trade and lost their left tackle and all this is a moot point.

A) from all reports I've heard Andy Reid really likes Branden Albert and B) Albert had a physical last week and PASSED it.When all is said and done Albert will remain a Chief & all you Joeckel to KC lovers will have some serious crow to eat
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mayock on the possibility of Geno Smith going #1

Quote:
"I have a hard time buying into that," said Mayock, fresh off studying 12 hours of Geno's tape. "I couldn't even pound the table today for a first-round quarterback, let alone a (No. 1) pick quarterback. I watched a bunch of Geno Smith and he can make every throw. He's athletic. The ball jumps out of his hand. But there's a lot of things that make me nervous about him. He misses people by wide margins for no reason. I see a little bit of hesitancy with the blitz. When that first read is not there, it's not as pretty on the second or third read. His eyes come down. He makes mistakes."

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Mike Mayock on the possibility of Geno Smith going #1
Yet he thought Blaine Gabbert was a 1st round qb. Even though anyone with functioning eyes could see how awful Blaine Gabbert was.

It's early. They're creating hype right now.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I keep telling people that it's early, but whatevs. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

usa today says Andy wants Foles

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...trade/1920947/

for those KC fans against it... this guy was made for Andy's offense. Scott and everyone saw Foles at Mobile and he wasn't great. Andy puts him in his high accuracy high attempts offense and he's a functional starter. He already knows Andy's plays. He doesn't fit Chip Kelly's schemes. It's a no brainer. and if you want to wait until pick 25 and trade for Geno too that's ok. Just don't do it at 1.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, Andy's last parting gift to Philly another career back-up QB to rake in draft picks

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You make such terrible points.

The point is that waiting for a QB to fall into your lap can take just as long as drafting one that busts. Why not take the risk, because sitting on your ass and doing nothing about it certainly isn't going to change anything.

The Radiers moved on from Russell after 3 years. Nothing that has happened after that has anything to do with him.
*sigh*

Do you not understand what you just said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
*sigh*

Do you not understand anything?

My point isn't that the Raiders didn't suffer during the Russell period and that you can just wash it away, the point is that if they hadn't taken him and instead just waited for a QB to fall into their lap, nothing would be different. They wouldn't have been successful in those 3 years. They wouldn't have been successful until they got the chance to draft a top QB again.

Lets say they picked Calvin Johnson (not at all comparable to any player in this draft), that isn't going to make them a Superbowl team. The Lions finished 4-12 this season with Calvin Johnson at receiver and beating a Jerry Rice record. Nothing is going to change until you get a QB and if the Chiefs decide to pass on one it could be a lot longer than 3 years before they get the chance to pick a decent one again.

You don't know the Chiefs CAN get Wilson later! Wtf are you talking about?

And btw i'm not saying that the Chiefs should take Geno Smith with the #1 pick. I'm saying that they should take whichever QB they think is best.
Of course you're not saying the Chiefs should take Geno! You don't have the guts to.

Your point that an NFL team has no chance at being able to address QB if they don't take one #1 overall is so ridiculous I hope it defines you.

How do you know the Raiders wouldn't have been successful during those 3 years if they hadn't taken Russell? That's a total guess. Maybe they would've addressed QB differently. Maybe they would've taken Ryan or Flacco the following year. Maybe they get one in FA or trade. You're literally saying that the only way to get a franchise QB is to take one #1 overall. If you think that teams can get a QB another way, then you would back off the stance that the Chiefs can only go QB.

You did the same thing as scotty... you don't care if they take Geno, you only care if they take a QB. Proving that even you yourself can't totally back the Geno pick. The QBs in this draft don't have elite value. If they did, then I would totally agree with the Chiefs taking him. But they don't. Not even Geno. He has a very high bust factor. They could easily get more value out of this draft if they traded a few spots down and added picks... and they could even still have a chance at getting Geno or Wilson or whoever they like most. Maybe their second favorite is not that far away from their favorite. There's a lot they can do. Including trading for Foles.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

for those KC fans against it... this guy was made for Andy's offense. Scott and everyone saw Foles at Mobile and he wasn't great. Andy puts him in his high accuracy high attempts offense and he's a functional starter. He already knows Andy's plays. He doesn't fit Chip Kelly's schemes. It's a no brainer. and if you want to wait until pick 25 and trade for Geno too that's ok. Just don't do it at 1.
Depending on the cost, this might be the Chiefs best direction.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's what I want from our starting QB: a "functional starter"...

You make less and less sense with every post you make.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why Philly will be in a hurry to ship out Foles. Or why they will be in a hurry to help out the coach they just fired. I could see them wanting that early 2nd rounder from the Chiefs.

Is Foles going to be Chips QBOTF? Probably not. And I don't see Dixon doing anything special. I'd give that a 10 percent shot of happening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I don't see why Philly will be in a hurry to ship out Foles. Or why they will be in a hurry to help out the coach they just fired. I could see them wanting that early 2nd rounder from the Chiefs.

Is Foles going to be Chips QBOTF? Probably not. And I don't see Dixon doing anything special. I'd give that a 10 percent shot of happening.
1. The Chiefs would be very dumb to give up 34 for Foles.

2. If Foles doesn't have a spot in Kelly's offense then why do you think it's so unlikely he'd be traded?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
1. The Chiefs would be very dumb to give up 34 for Foles.

2. If Foles doesn't have a spot in Kelly's offense then why do you think it's so unlikely he'd be traded?
Not until Chip gets his QB. Then they'd move him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Or maybe Foles is used to get his QB.

#4 + Foles for #1 overall (Geno).

Please let Philly make the mistake of taking Geno. We would love him in the NFC East.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Or maybe Foles is used to get his QB.

#3 + Foles for #1 overall (Geno).

Please let Philly make the mistake of taking Geno. We would love him in the NFC East.
The Eagles pick 4th. And why the hell would the Chiefs do that? No one in their right mind actually believes Foles is a franchise QB or 10+ year starter.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Rappaport is reporting KC has talked to Branden Albert's agents and would like him back as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foles will never be the quarterback under Chip's system and all the teams know it, leaving Philadelphia with zero leverage if they try to move him, and his value certainly won't be higher a year from now. If the Eagles could get KC's 4th rounder in return then they'd be wise to accept the offer.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetically if the Chiefs don't go QB and can't/don't trade down, what do they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Hypothetically if the Chiefs don't go QB and can't/don't trade down, what do they do?
They take Star. Outside of ILB/CB/QB, DE is the biggest need on this team. Unless they sign Canty. And then who the hell knows.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
They take Star. Outside of ILB/CB/QB, DE is the biggest need on this team. Unless they sign Canty. And then who the hell knows.
CB? I mean, you could use the same argument for taking Milliner. If you're willing to take a guy at 10, why not take him first overall?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Interesting article with a lot of quotable bits, but I'm stuck on this blurb at the end about Glennon:

I remember hearing the same criticism about Flacco when he came out, and I know that tall QBs don't have the best track record. Is this just an issue of small sample size and NFL people jumping to conclusions, or is there some legitimate football reason that you don't want an overly tall QB?
That's because Flacco is the best QB at or taller than 6'6"... ever. By far. There just haven't been many and the few there have been are generally terrible.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
CB? I mean, you could use the same argument for taking Milliner. If you're willing to take a guy at 10, why not take him first overall?
Is this a real argument or are you just supplying the rhetoric to annoy our friend vidae?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Eagles pick 4th. And why the hell would the Chiefs do that? No one in their right mind actually believes Foles is a franchise QB or 10+ year starter.
A lot of people think the same about Geno. If the Chiefs are among them, that'd be a solid deal.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
A lot of people think the same about Geno. If the Chiefs are among them, that'd be a solid deal.

There's no way the Chiefs or anyone else places greater value on Nick Foles over Geno Smith. Or even considers them roughly equal prospects.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
There's no way the Chiefs or anyone else places greater value on Nick Foles over Geno Smith. Or even considers them roughly equal prospects.
As prospects they're actually quite similar. It's reported that Andy Reid and Doug Pederson really like Foles skill set and what his potential may bring. Nick Foles brings less of a price tag in term of draft pick, salary number and the decision makers in Kansas City know upfront what Foles can do.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I disagree completely. Reed believes in the QBs he drafts and grooms. And they are similar prospects IMO, also though I do think Geno is better.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote