Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Your 'a qb will break away from the pack and solidify himself as worthy of a #1 pick' theory is running out of time to come to fruition, sir. Hope you didn't pre-order a chiefs Geno smith jersey =)
This is getting kind of old man. I just don't feel the same way about you that you feel about me. You can keep following me around all you want, but it will never happen.

I know I'm awesome, but internet stalking me is kind of weird. :|

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is getting kind of old man. I just don't feel the same way about you that you feel about me. You can keep following me around all you want, but it will never happen.

I promise things won't get weird!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can have anything you want Monomach. Anything.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae keeps playing all the video games I do. I think he's stalking me.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Vidae keeps playing all the video games I do. I think he's stalking me.
I dunno dude, you've been playing a lot of different stuff lately. Weirdo.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just like rubbing your face in things you refuse to admit you were wrong about. Btw thanks for reporting me, way to prove that I'm not getting under your skin :D
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno dude, you've been playing a lot of different stuff lately. Weirdo.
It's only a matter of time before you convert. Bro, you gotta get SimCity. It's totes legit.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before you convert. Bro, you gotta get SimCity. It's totes legit.
Seriously SimCity is awesome.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chiefs aren't going to roll with Smith or Foles as the only options on the roster. That makes no sense. Cassel won't be back, Quinn won't be back.. so it'll be Foles/Smith and Stanzi?

Not gunna happen.
I agree, Reid almost always takes a QB to develop and I doubt he changes now, but if they sign Alex Smith, there is zero chance they take a QB in round 1, round 2 or 3 absolutely.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I agree, Reid almost always takes a QB to develop and I doubt he changes now, but if they sign Alex Smith, there is zero chance they take a QB in round 1, round 2 or 3 absolutely.
He took Kolb in round 2 when he had McNabb who is by all accounts a better QB than Smith.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
You are now officially awesome, Broth.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to be in between jobs from march 4 to march 18 I will be on sim city 24/7 during that time. Game looks amazing
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This has been true for like 15 years now though. Anyone who doesn't realize this needs to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He took Kolb in round 2 when he had McNabb who is by all accounts a better QB than Smith.
Everyone knew the end was near for McNabb in Philly at that point, though.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Geno Smith... at all. I've been trying now for a couple of months to figure out who the Chiefs should take but have had no luck. As much as I think Geno Smith at #1 would be a major reach, no one else makes even a little sense. Joeckel or Fisher only make sense if they CAN'T re-sign Albert, and I haven't seen anything to indicate they can't. You can't draft a player with Lotulelei's heart condition at #1, so he's out. Sharrif Floyd in a 3-4? No. Dee Milliner? I don't think you can justify drafting a #2 corner first overall. Pass rusher? What pass rusher is worth a top five pick and would they be a significant improvement over Houston (no) or Hali (maybe slight)?

It sucks that KC got the #1 overall pick this year instead of any other year, but it is what it is. Most of the top ten players are OL, DL, or CB this year. So you're either going to make a luxury pick or reach for someone. If you have to reach, why not reach for a QB?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't like Geno Smith... at all. I've been trying now for a couple of months to figure out who the Chiefs should take but have had no luck. As much as I think Geno Smith at #1 would be a major reach, no one else makes even a little sense. Joeckel or Fisher only make sense if they CAN'T re-sign Albert, and I haven't seen anything to indicate they can't. You can't draft a player with Lotulelei's heart condition at #1, so he's out. Sharrif Floyd in a 3-4? No. Dee Milliner? I don't think you can justify drafting a #2 corner first overall. Pass rusher? What pass rusher is worth a top five pick and would they be a significant improvement over Houston (no) or Hali (maybe slight)?

It sucks that KC got the #1 overall pick this year instead of any other year, but it is what it is. Most of the top ten players are OL, DL, or CB this year. So you're either going to make a luxury pick or reach for someone. If you have to reach, why not reach for a QB?
That is pretty much the problem we're having. You summed it up perfectly. I don't think Geno Smith is the best player in the draft, but he's the only player that makes sense right now.

Free agency could drastically change what makes sense though. If Albert walks, it'll be an OT. If they don't restructure Tyson Jackson, it might be a trade back (doubtful) and DE.

This is a very fluid situation, but right now the only pick that makes sense is QB, and the only QB even close to being worth #1 is Geno Smith.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

And if you think about it, a "slightly above average" QB in Reid's hands could easily be a borderline elite QB.

Reid has a history of turning mediocre-to-average QBs into much better starters than they actually are: Ty Detmer, Jeff Garcia, AJ Feeley, Mike McMahon, Kevin Kolb, and even Donovan McNabb, who was a raw athletic project coming out of Syracuse whom Reid basically turned into a borderline HoF player and perennial Pro Bowler.

If Geno Smith is a "slightly above average" prospect, I could actually see Reid working his magic and turning him into a Donovan McNabb type of player, and maybe even more.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
And if you think about it, a "slightly above average" QB in Reid's hands could easily be a borderline elite QB.

Reid has a history of turning mediocre-to-average QBs into much better starters than they actually are: Ty Detmer, Jeff Garcia, AJ Feeley, Mike McMahon, Kevin Kolb, and even Donovan McNabb, who was a raw athletic project coming out of Syracuse whom Reid basically turned into a borderline HoF player and perennial Pro Bowler.

If Geno Smith is a "slightly above average" prospect, I could actually see Reid working his magic and turning him into a Donovan McNabb type of player, and maybe even more.
using this logic, Andy Reid doesn't really need a QB at 1 overall.

the draft is not like going to the grocery store with a list. Sometimes the bread is stale and the milk is spoiled and all they have is eggs. This year, with the OT crop so good, the move is to let Albert walk, and take a better cheaper player who is 8 years younger.

by the way I saw a stat that Brandon Albert has been in the league 5 years and only finished 16 games once. He missed 5 starts last year. Do you want to give this player 50 million?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 02-27-2013 at 11:33 AM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

the draft is not like going to the grocery store with a list. Sometimes the bread is stale and the milk is spoiled and all they have is eggs. This year, with the OT crop so good, the move is to let Albert walk, and take a better cheaper player who is 8 years younger.
I disagree. Letting a proven player who wants to stay with your franchise walk, when you have the money to pay him, is the height of all stupidity. Especially after you just drafted an OT in the 3rd round who looked solid in injury spot-duty.

There is no guarantee that Joeckel is going to be good. You know what you have with Albert. Pay him and address the most important position in sports. That is the move.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

THe Chiefs have a responsibility to make a good faith attempt to sign one of the best players on their roster, maybe their most important one on offense, excluding QB.

You just don't let an upper tier LT walk because it makes sense from a draft perspective.
Can't KC simply franchise Albert??
And why do you keep thinking all the top OT prospects in this draft are significant upgrades over Branden Albert??
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
by the way I saw a stat that Brandon Albert has been in the league 5 years and only finished 16 games once. He missed 5 starts last year. Do you want to give this player 50 million?

While you're technically correct, lets not act like he missed tons of games since he was drafted.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

While you're technically correct, lets not act like he missed tons of games since he was drafted.
...and he's 29. will he get healthier as he ages?

bottom line it's 50+ mil for Albert and 23+ mil for Joeckel/Fisher (take your pick). Is Albert 2x better than Joeckel?

These are all calculations the front office is making. Whether you want to believe it or not, it always comes down to money.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it comes down to a left tackle first overall, I believe Eric Fisher will be the guy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...and he's 29. will he get healthier as he ages?

bottom line it's 50+ mil for Albert and 23+ mil for Joeckel/Fisher (take your pick). Is Albert 2x better than Joeckel?

These are all calculations the front office is making. Whether you want to believe it or not, it always comes down to money.
+ you can use that saved cap space to go get a player in a deep free agent class (in my opinion).
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If it comes down to a left tackle first overall, I believe Eric Fisher will be the guy.
i can see the value in both players and if it were up to the internet that might happen but NFL Gms are generally conservative buyers who like brand names, the guy from the Big12/SEC is gonna go higher than the guy from the MAC. it's not fair but it's usually the way the league works.

Btw, Joeckel's 3 cone was awesome and might be a more important measurement for that position than 40 yard dash (his 5.1 was pretty good). but like i said either player deserves the honor.