Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rep team Milliner. Let's get all Twilight with this crap.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#TeamTradedown

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only positions of need right now are QB, DL, and CB.

Geno! Geno! (killing myself here but whatever)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I am beggining to think the Chiefs even if they have to take a little less are trading down from 1
Nope. They'll still draft Joeckel at 1/1. Watch. This organization loves drafting linemen too much to not draft Joeckel. Just trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
#TeamTradedown
I would love to trade down. I just don't see any other team wanting to trade up.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
It won't be the third. That means two QBs in the first three rounds. Are you okay with a 4th round QB from THIS draft class?
It'll depend on who is available. But if Bray, Manual or Wilson are sitting there in the 3rd I, personally, think they should seriously considering it. I just don't see Alex Smith as the long term solution. If for no other reason than the fact he's only played 16 games twice should almost force the Chiefs to consider taking a QB in the 3rd. His numbers scream mediocre. I just really hope they are not done making moves at QB. And I know they won't but if it were me, I'd be looking to draft one in the 3rd.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would love to trade down. I just don't see any other team wanting to trade up.
And therein lies the issue. What's there at 1/1 that someone would want to move up and get? If you like Joeckel and you are the Eagles, for instance, you can just sit tight and draft Eric Fisher who may be just as good at your pick.

The only team I can really see maybe doing it is the Lions for Milliner. Maybe if the Lions are scared that the Eagles may go after Milliner (assuming Nnamdi and DRC are let go). I'm kinda reaching here. IDK. It's going to be hard for the Chiefs to move off that pick.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, there's your best case scenario. Locking up Bowe and retaining Albert on their terms. I don't know what to think with this pick. I'll guess Floyd.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Albert back I think Geno could still be a possiblity. I could see you trying to trade Albert while he is tagged and trying to get back some of the picks you lost in the Alex Smith trade, but I don't think you will take a corner #1 or find someone willing to trade up to the top spot. If you don't move Albert then you aren't going to take another tackle with your OL pretty much set. I could see it being Geno. The only other players that could be really worth it are edge rushers or a DT like Floyd or Star but you already have a good amount invested in some talented players at those spots.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB still makes the most sense, but I'm not going to trick myself into thinking it happens.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
QB still makes the most sense, but I'm not going to trick myself into thinking it happens.
Yeah, but if QB at #1 was a consideration, why give up a second rounder for Alex Smith? I guess letting Geno sit behind Alex is ideal, but that's a pretty lofty price to pay.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TeamTradedown, but I would not be surprised if the pick is Floyd.

Irony of ironies if the trade was to a team that wanted to beat Oakland for Geno.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Yeah, but if QB at #1 was a consideration, why give up a second rounder for Alex Smith? I guess letting Geno sit behind Alex is ideal, but that's a pretty lofty price to pay.
That's the hangup. Maybe Reid thought Alex Smith would give us the best chance to win now, AND he wanted to draft Geno to groom and make the seamless transition to the next era?

Or maybe he wasn't sure they'd be able to get all three deals done (including a tag) and was hedging his bets?

I really don't know. That's why I said I'm not going to get my hopes up again.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
TeamTradedown, but I would not be surprised if the pick is Floyd.
Floyd in a 3-4? Doing literally the exact same thing as what they did with Dorsey would be ridiculously stupid. Then again, they are doing the exact same thing they did with Matt Cassel also, so who knows. There just isn't much justification for them to take him that high and run a 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is certainly interesting.

The fact that they tagged Albert (didn't sign long term) keeps the door open for OT. Alot of franchise tackles start their first year at guard and then swap over to LT for the 2nd year.

It is possible Andy does want Geno too. Floyd I feel is the least likely, he's not a fit for that D and only 4 career sacks. That's even less than Ansah ;)

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
It would be a lofty price. But for that position, I'd do it. QBs win games in this league. And the better you are at that position the better your chances of long-term success. If Andy Reid and John Dorsey had Geno in their top 5-10 players in this draft, they should absolutely consider QB at 1/1. Even with Alex Smith in the fold. Won't happen though. So the point is moot.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
The fact that they tagged Albert (didn't sign long term) keeps the door open for OT. Alot of franchise tackles start their first year at guard and then swap over to LT for the 2nd year.
That would make less sense than Floyd.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is certainly interesting.

You're stretching it to a ridiculous degree. No #1 overall tackle starts at guard until he fails at tackle.

Tagging Albert is a 100% guarantee that it's not an OT. Stop thinking that way right now.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking a QB #1 would make the Alex Smith trade look 10x worse, which is pretty damn impressive considering how ****** it already looks.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Tagging Albert is a 100% guarantee that it's not an OT. Stop thinking that way right now.
signing Albert is a 100% guaruntee. Tagging him is a 1 year rental. You guys don't actually know what the Chiefs are gonna do either.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Taking a QB #1 would make the Alex Smith trade look 10x worse, which is pretty damn impressive considering how ****** it already looks.
I disagree. The compensation for Smith (if the rumors are true) makes it really awful, but taking Geno #1 actually makes me feel better about it in the long run. Some people didn't think Geno was ready to start, so they got the best FA QB on the market. Steep price, but it makes sense. Let Geno learn behind Alex for a year or two and then let him start.

Basically if we drafted Geno I wanted a veteran QB on the roster anyway. Giving up what they're rumored to give up for Alex Smith is still dumb, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
signing Albert is a 100% guaruntee. Tagging him is a 1 year rental. You guys don't actually know what the Chiefs are gonna do either.
YOU, the very same guy who said that Joeckel is a year one upgrade from Albert, would now like us to believe that he could be drafted...AT #! OVERALL...to sit on the bench.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
So the Chiefs are going to draft an OT at #1 to sit on the bench for a year? Wouldn't it make more sense to draft a QB to sit for a year and not an OT?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Yes I do. They'll draft a kicker at 1/1. :)
Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I disagree. The compensation for Smith (if the rumors are true) makes it really awful, but taking Geno #1 actually makes me feel better about it in the long run. Some people didn't think Geno was ready to start, so they got the best FA QB on the market. Steep price, but it makes sense. Let Geno learn behind Alex for a year or two and then let him start.

Basically if we drafted Geno I wanted a veteran QB on the roster anyway. Giving up what they're rumored to give up for Alex Smith is still dumb, but I can see the reasoning behind it.
If you're taking a QB #1, there is no reason or excuse to give up anything more than a 4th, if that, for another QB. Giving up what the Chiefs did for Smith was dumb. Giving up what they did for Smith, and then drafting a QB #1 is ridiculously ******* stupid. If you're taking a QB #1 then you should have just signed Matt Moore. Or hell, even kept Brady Quinn. It doesn't matter who the guy is starting while he develops. Do you really think he's going to learn much from Alex Smith.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote