Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didn't say he would sit the bench i said a diff position

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
i didn't say he would sit the bench i said a diff position
Is he gunna replace a 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick at the G spots?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Those guys have no ties to the new regime... but i'll admit it this move confuses me. I don't have an answer for you. I guess Geno is as good a guess as any, cause none of it makes sense. WE do know that teams franchise tagging players isn't always a sign they want them long term.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there any move that makes sense for them anymore? i feel like no matter which way they turn here it doesnt make a ton of sense.

OT - let a good proven veteran entering his prime leave for an unproven rookie? no

WR - who? no Calvin in this class and they just resigned bowe. no way

RB - who? and why? just plain no.

QB - why invest that much in ASmith (whos still young, entering his prime years) then draft a QB 1/1? why not save those picks and rebuild around that 1/1 qb?

DL - a 3-4 Dlineman at 1? who? there is no superstar passrusher with the build to play 3-4 line in this draft like a JJ watt type guy. and having already made major investments in the Dline in the past couple years, it would be criticized heavily. no real upside to this pick.

LB - they have good pass rushers and are set inside. so no.

DB - kinda makes sense but they have good corners as is.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
is there any move that makes sense for them anymore? i feel like no matter which way they turn here it doesnt make a ton of sense.
if we take away need for a second and just look at grades, it's entirely possible that the best OT(s) in this class are graded higher than the best QB (and CB and DL). Obviously teams don't take need out of the equation when they draft. But the Chiefs will have graded all he prospects and it's possible that Joeckel has their highest grade.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh...phrasing?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they go with whoever they have as their top LT and move Albert inside. Other than that, no other player is worthy of #1
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I think they go with whoever tey have as their top LT and move Albert inside. Other than that, no other player is worthy of #1
Christ, it's like once a day with this. Albert isn't moving inside. He hasn't played guard in over 5 years. He isn't playing guard in the NFL. Period. No way.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he was such an unbelievable guard prospect too

so anyway, could the pick be milliner? im sure andy would like to trade but does anyone really want it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Thomas is a pretty good tackle. I think the Browns should move him inside and draft Eric Fisher, though.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Joe Thomas is a pretty good tackle. I think the Browns should move him inside and draft Eric Fisher, though.
Seems legit.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he signs his tender they can trade him to a team that wants to sign him long term. That's.....something.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner is probably the only pick that makes sense at this point. I'm really confused as to what the Chiefs are doing.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if OT was always the pick and we signed Bowe, then what is Alberts value to a LT needy team? is he worth Chicagos 1st? st louis is probably in that mix to. whats he worth?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
if OT was always the pick and we signed Bowe, then what is Alberts value to a LT needy team? is he worth Chicagos 1st? st louis is probably in that mix to. whats he worth?
I think he could get Kansas City a second round pick back, but when you factor in the necessary money for an extension, a 1st round pick might be too rich.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take no less than a 2nd for Albert. That said I hope they just keep him.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brandon Albert doesn't get traded, this pick is probably going to end up really weird and probably a reach so anyone who said Geno wasn't worth it will feel pretty dumb about that.

Almost any other pick other then a Tackle or QB will be a reach and the ones that do make sense don't fit. Though if they take a 3-4 DE I will have a lot of fun talking about how they love to take 3-4 Ends in the top 10 of the draft every year.

If Albert is not traded, there is no place for Joeckel or Fisher because Albert isn't playing Guard and they have some solid Guards anyway. I'm almost ready to cross them off but I was leaning Fisher before today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert has no interest in changing positions

Quote:
I’ll be playing left tackle,” Albert said Monday, via Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving him inside is an asinine suggestion. He's going to be paid like a LT, so he's going to play LT. I don't know why this has to keep being said.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Chicago can't afford to sign him and has numerous holes that #1 pick is needed for. Chicago will not acquire any "name" veterans this offseason.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Moving him inside is an asinine suggestion. He's going to be paid like a LT, so he's going to play LT. I don't know why this has to keep being said.
And they spent a 2nd round pick on Hudson in 2011 and Allen in 2012. It would be stupid to just push aside assets like that who are highly invested in and have played well. Seriously, the offensive line for KC is really solid across the board as is, this would be a great draft to add an elite TE or elite WR across from Bowe if one was good enough for top 10 consideration.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Chicago can't afford to sign him and has numerous holes that #1 pick is needed for. Chicago will not acquire any "name" veterans this offseason.
Are you guys going to inquire about Jake Long or more then likely pass? I don't know of the cap situation, I just figured Albert or Long would definately be in Chicago when it came down to it, then draft Fluker and you've got a good start to repairing the line.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Are you guys going to inquire about Jake Long or more then likely pass? I don't know of the cap situation, I just figured Albert or Long would definately be in Chicago when it came down to it, then draft Fluker and you've got a good start to repairing the line.
The problem with Long is that last season he was only as good as Webb. Guessing he gets a premium contract, too, so he's out. Chicago has like half of its starters (mostly on the D side) going into free agency next season and the cap is already tight before re-signing them. Peppers & Forte are going to get cut next offseason, too.

This offseason, I think we shop the undervalued "solid" guys whose names don't have marquee value. The Geoff Schwartz / King Dunlap / Matt Slauson / Anthony Fasano / Winston Justice types. I expect our draft to be very defense-heavy and our free agency to be those "boring" types on offense, shocking all of the "experts."

Last edited by Monomach : 03-04-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Milliner is probably the only pick that makes sense at this point. I'm really confused as to what the Chiefs are doing.
Milliner at #1 would be awful. How is that the only pick that makes sense?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Milliner at #1 would be awful. How is that the only pick that makes sense?
Not as awful as spending the #1 pick on a 3-4 DE. Not as awful as using it on any of the WR's, RB's, OLmen, DLmen and LBers available.

IMO i'd still go with Geno Smith, but that doesn't make sense because you just traded possibly two 2nd round picks on Alex Smith. If you do pick Geno, that Alex Smith trade is absolutely disgusting.

Nothing makes sense for the Chiefs. Whoever they pick they are picking someone they shouldn't be picking.

Who do you think makes more sense?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote