Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
pro bowls mean absolutely nothing. just a total side argument that always grinds my gears. It's tops the list of most useless fact. QBR is slightly behind it
I'll just reference the eye test. And by that Kalil was a top 10 LT in the league as a rookie.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'll just reference the eye test. And by that Kalil was a top 10 LT in the league as a rookie.
I agree that Kalil's awesome, no discrediting that. I just hate when people use pro bowls.

Chris Snee made it this year. He was terribad.

Safety Roy Williams made like 7. He was garbage for the last like 3 he made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
Because he's 8 years younger with a healthy back, for starters. Also there's no premier anything at the top, it's just a crap year. if the Chiefs could work a trade down that would be ideal. If not OT is the likely BAP. (Getting mad at me doesn't change the grades)
You've been arguing that Joeckel is premier for the entire time that you've been in this thread and now you're backing out because of one anonymous scout's pre-draft smokescreen. On the same page, you claimed that he could very well be the next Joe Thomas...only to turn around and say that he's no Joe Thomas. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're one of those posters who doesn't even watch college football; one of those guys who just reads what the "experts" say and parrots it pretending that their analysis is something you saw on your own.

You couldn't be any more ridiculous if you were wearing a clown nose.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You've been arguing that Joeckel is premier for the entire time that you've been in this thread and now you're backing out because of one anonymous scout's pre-draft smokescreen. On the same page, you claimed that he could very well be the next Joe Thomas...only to turn around and say that he's no Joe Thomas. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're one of those posters who doesn't even watch college football; one of those guys who just reads what the "experts" say and parrots it pretending that their analysis is something you saw on your own.

You Rule!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he's 8 years younger with a healthy back, for starters. Also there's no premier anything at the top, it's just a crap year. if the Chiefs could work a trade down that would be ideal. If not OT is the likely BAP. (Getting mad at me doesn't change the grades)
For me, BPA only applies when you have a team with no holes. When you have holes, you have to fill them. One way or another. A better draft method, least IMO, is to draft the BPA at a position of need that provides reasonable value to the pick. IMO, drafting 100% on BPA and 100% on need have the potential to be equally damanging. There has to be some balance between value and need. That balance varies from team to team. But to rule one or the other completely out of the draft equation can be harmful, IMO.

And when you have a year, like you say, with no elite talent and sit in the situation the Chiefs sit in, conventional draft rules may have to be bent. Maybe even significantly to best move the team forward.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Branden Albert also has a healthy back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he's 8 years younger with a healthy back, for starters.
Also, can't a similar sentence be applied to Alex Smith and why the Chiefs should NOT be done at the QB position?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm leaning towards Cudders point of view and could see Dion Jordan being an out of the box pick first overall.

Give the defense teeth or find more playmakers for Alex.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Branden Albert also has a healthy back.
Is there any word on the likelihood of Albert singing long term?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Also, can't a similar sentence be applied to Alex Smith and why the Chiefs should NOT be done at the QB position?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see a team like Chicago paying out the nose for Brandon Albert. If that's the case, the pick is Joeckel. If not, I have no idea.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Is there any word on the likelihood of Albert singing long term?
The only thing that was said so far was that they weren't close to a deal, but Albert has stated on many occasions that he wants to stay in KC, so I think it's more likely than not.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I could see a team like Chicago paying out the nose for Brandon Albert. If that's the case, the pick is Joeckel. If not, I have no idea.
Not happening. No cap to sign him. Half of the defensive starters are on the last year of their contracts and there isn't even enough cap to re-sign them. Julius Peppers and Matt Forte are looking like 2014 cap casualties. Chicago's not going to get any "name" veterans this offseason.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
the Chiefs aren't done at the Qb position. the diff is that there are 2 OT worthy of the 1 pick and there are 0 QB's worthy of the 1 pick. Trade down would be optimal.

by the way all you gif happy monkeys didn't respond to the fact that Andy Reid has recinded the tag 2x in his career so far. Albert could be number 3.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish people would stop saying there are no QB's worth the top pick. So he's worth the 3-10 pick, but not #1 overall? That makes no sense to me, and there is no such thing. If Geno goes #6 to Cleveland and ends up a high end QB, he was more then worth the #1 pick even if it's from another team picking him. You guys make it seem like Geno is a 2nd round prospect, he's not.

Everything isn't a computer analyzed draft board where if you have a QB ranked as the 9th best player, somehow you can't take him #1 overall if you need a QB. All these rankings and projections mean nothing once the draft is over.

Joe Flacco went 18th in 2008, who would have been at the time a reach in the top 5 picks, but sure, Glenn Dorsey was rated higher at the time so he was obviously a much better pick right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith isn't worth 3000 points.

We all know that.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Joe Flacco went 18th in 2008, who would have been at the time a reach in the top 5 picks, but sure, Glenn Dorsey was rated higher at the time so he was obviously a much better pick right?
chiefs took BPA that yr and passed on Flacco TWICE in favor of Glen Dorsey and Albert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Geno Smith isn't worth 3000 points.

We all know that.
you could say that about every prospect in this draft.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I was being sarcastic.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I wish people would stop saying there are no QB's worth the top pick. So he's worth the 3-10 pick, but not #1 overall? That makes no sense to me, and there is no such thing. If Geno goes #6 to Cleveland and ends up a high end QB, he was more then worth the #1 pick even if it's from another team picking him. You guys make it seem like Geno is a 2nd round prospect, he's not.

Everything isn't a computer analyzed draft board where if you have a QB ranked as the 9th best player, somehow you can't take him #1 overall if you need a QB. All these rankings and projections mean nothing once the draft is over.

Whether he is or isn't became irrelevant once the Chiefs picked up Smith.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me, or did Brandon Albert make it to 30 really fast?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He's 28 years old not 30.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Is it me, or did Brandon Albert make it to 30 really fast?
I guess two years from now WILL be pretty fast...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it seems like there are 3 questions that need to be answered.

1. Can the Chiefs sign Albert long term before the draft.

2. What's the deal with Star's health

3. Are the chiefs REALLY done with their QB situation.

If he signs long term then the OTs are not an option. Although they may wait til after the draft to make it official (for trade down purposes). If Star's heart is cool he is the only player with value and fit at the position but with that said they didn't cut Jackson or Dorsey so I don't think they are 100% sure on Star being that guy. So finally what about Geno Smith or whoever you like at the QB position. Right now Alex Smith only has a cap number of 8.5 Mil so him and Geno together isn't even a top 10 QB money. Plus a big selling point could be how he mentored Colin Kaepernick we could see Geno sit a year and take over in year 2 then Alex becomes a free agent.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

interesting article says it might be milliner.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...son-and-beyond