Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished up with the Final Forum Mock

26 (26). DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
25 (55). Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
26 (88). Phillip Thomas, Safety, Fresno State
25 (122). Ryan Jensen, T/G/C, Colorado State-Pueblo
26 (159). Nicholas Williams, DT, Samford
34 (167). Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard
25 (193). Rashaan Melvin, CB, Northern Illinois
26 (232). Eric Martin, OLB, Nebraska

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Ted Thompson Mock:

Fill in the Blanks

Round 1, Pick 26, #26 overall
Round 2, Pick 25, #55 overall
Round 3, Pick 26, #88 overall
Round 4, Pick 25, #122 overall
Round 5, Pick 26, #159 overall
Round 5, Pick 34, #167 overall (Compensatory Selection)
Round 6, Pick 25, #193 overall
Round 7, Pick 26, #232 overall

Pick 26: Trade
Packers trade pick #26 overall to Cincinnati for their two 2nd round picks (#37 & #53). Bengals are shocked a guy they had rated #14 on their big board is still on board and they trade up to get another 1st round selection in.

Packers trade pick #37 overall & #193 overall to San Francisco for their #61, #74, #93.
In essence, the Packers trade the early 2nd & late 6th and get a late 2nd, early 3rd, and late 3rd.

NET DRAFT:

2nd Rd
#53- WR QUINTON PATTON, Louisiana Tech
#55- DT/NT JESSE WILLIAMS, Alabama
#61- RB JOHNATHAN FRANKLIN, UCLA

3rd Rd
#74- S PHILLIP THOMAS, Fresno St
#88- TE VANCE McDONALD, Rice#93

4th Rd
#122- OT LUKE MARQUARDT, Azusa Pacific

5th Rd
#159- CB RASHAAN MELVIN, Northern Illinois
#167 (comp)- OL DAVID QUESSENBERRY, San Jose St

7th Rd
#232- OLB BRANDON JENKINS, Florida St

Remember, Thompson is just as confident with his 3rd, 4th, 5th Rd picks as he is his 1st and 2nd.

There are always a pick or two from him where we all say "who????".
And he loves to trade down.

I don't think Thompson expected to select a TE early like many see with Zach Eifert to us at 26 in mocks, but TT's shocked McDonald is there at 88 as he has him rated around 55-60, so he snatches up his BPA there. Remember, Quarless probably won't have the same speed if or when he's back, J-Mike never seemed to regain his speed from before his knee, and DJ Williams hasn't shown much yet either. Taylor is not much of a threat as a receiver.

On McDonald:
McDonald showed at the Combine that he is a physical specimen and a rare athlete. He had one of the faster 40 times and led all of the tight ends on the bench press (31 reps). McDonald had a good showing at the Senior Bowl, too. He used his quickness and route-running to get open and make plays downfield. McDonald is a unique athlete who could go earlier than expected on draft day. http://walterfootball.com/draft2013TE.php
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell you at PF28?
You should love this mock.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Where the hell you at PF28?
You should love this mock.
Hey, I saw the mock the other day. I'd be cool with many of those picks, but there's no chance in hell that Cincinnati would do that deal. There's just not that many "wow" players in this draft and the player you're going to get late in the first won't be much different than those in the middle of round two.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1, #26 overall
- Johnathan Cyprien, S, Flordia International
- I really, REALLY, do not like anyone avaible here for Packers. I also don't see any team willing to trade up this high(even the teams that need a qb.) We're forced to take
someone. I WOULD love Le'Von Bell, but I don't see Thompson being in-love with any of the running backs. I think he's a poor man's Ahman Green(Remember, he is the guy who didn't value Lynch)

Round 3, #67 Overall (TRADE DOWN W/ PHI #55 OVERALL)
- Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
Hard choice, between getting Travis Fredrick or Barrett Jones here.

Round 3, #88 overall
- Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

Round 4(A), #101 overall (TRADE DOWN W/ PHI #55 OVERALL)
- Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State

Round 4(B), #126 overall (TRADE UP W/ BUCS #159 OVERALL & #232 OVERALL)
- Devin Taylor, DL, South Carolina

Round 4(C), Pick 25, #122 overall
- John Simon, LB, Ohio State

Round 5, Pick 34, #167 overall (Compensatory Selection)
- J.C. Tretter, OL, Cornell

Round 6(A), #193 overall
- Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I would love getting Cyprien.
And Wheaton.
And Knile Davis that late.
Barrett Jones I feel is very undervalued.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I threw Cyprien in there. Ted has always replaced aging guys with talent from his draft. This year, there isn't anyone from the past aside from Pickett. Ted drafted his replacement last year(Worthy).

I have a weird feeling Ted may draft a DE and we may move back to the 4-3. The front seven would look so good if we ran it like how the Seahawks run their defense

DE: Tank(ROOKIE), Wilson
DT: Worthy, Neal, Daniels
DT: Raji, Pickett
LEO: Perry, Moses
OLB: Matthews, Jones
ILB: Bishop, Smith
OLB: Hawk, Manning/Francis

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

We're not moving to a 43 defense, especially after giving Clay an extension. We are not going to implement a defensive scheme that hurts the effectiveness of our best defensive player.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Finished up with the Final Forum Mock

26 (26). DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
25 (55). Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
26 (88). Phillip Thomas, Safety, Fresno State
25 (122). Ryan Jensen, T/G/C, Colorado State-Pueblo
26 (159). Nicholas Williams, DT, Samford
34 (167). Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard
25 (193). Rashaan Melvin, CB, Northern Illinois
26 (232). Eric Martin, OLB, Nebraska
I love the first 3 picks.... Though my favorite for us in round 1 is Sylvester Williams.

Franklin and Thomas would be great additions in my opinion!

Another player I like is a RB from UCF. Latavius (not sure on last name), hes a big back. Would be a good pairing with Harris!
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Everyone throw out 20 names they think have a good chance to be drafted by us this week.... let's see if ANY of us get ANY guys right.

I never saw anyone with Michael Neal, James Jones, Josh Sitton, Jaron McMillian.....

I'm gonna need til Wednesday to get my list of 20. I've never had more than 1 fricking guy right before under Teddy, since his 2nd draft with Hawk at #5. (Will Blackmon IIRC).
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Eifert, Bjoern Werner, Travis Frederick, Justin Hunter, Terron Armstead, Kyle Long, Giovani Bernard, Barrett Jones, Shamarko Thomas, Markus Wheaton, Le'Veon Bell, Cornelius Washington, Knile Davis, Kwame Geathers, Dion Sims, Zac Dysert, Dustin Hopkins, Lawrence Okoye, Marquess Wilson, Brennan Williams
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
We're not moving to a 43 defense, especially after giving Clay an extension. We are not going to implement a defensive scheme that hurts the effectiveness of our best defensive player.
That, i understand. I'm just figuring out what actual value there is for us at 26, or early in the second round.
Quote:
Everyone throw out 20 names they think have a good chance to be drafted by us this week.... let's see if ANY of us get ANY guys right.

I never saw anyone with Michael Neal, James Jones, Josh Sitton, Jaron McMillian.....

I'm gonna need til Wednesday to get my list of 20. I've never had more than 1 fricking guy right before under Teddy, since his 2nd draft with Hawk at #5. (Will Blackmon IIRC).
2009 was my best year with predictions as to what Ted would do. I figured he would go Raji in the first and get Lang somewhere. I knew once I saw Lang, he would be on Ted's radar.

As for this year, Barrett Jones/ Travis Fredrick just seem the obvious. Whoever is available for Ted to take somewhere at the top of the 3rd round(I except a trade up or down to occur.)

My 20 Names to look out for;

Le'Von Bell, Johnathan Franklin, Knile Davis, Chris Harper, Da'Rick Rogers, Markus Wheaton, Jake Stoneburner, Alvin Bailey, J.C. Tretter, Travis Fredrick, Barrett Jones, Bjoern Werner, Devin Taylor, Mike Catapano, John Simon, Sam Montgomery, Shawn Williams, Duke Williams, Rontez Miles, Kwame Geathers

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-22-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a guy like Tank Carradine could be useful at 26 even if we don't change schemes if we wanted to play around with multiple looks. Run a base 3-4, but have packages with 4 down linemen and Clay rushing from the Sam position.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Checking in again as I tend to do this time of year. Will be following the discussion for the next week or so with interest! The DraftCountdown is a great place to pick up a fan's read on picks, a few of which are bound to come out of left field.

TT has shown if anything his strategy can be unpredictable, if largely sound. I fully expect a trade down out of the 1st if he can swing it. A trade up in the 1st would be a shocker.

I've put together a Packers mock, for what it's worth. Details below:

1-26: Margus Hunt, Defensive End, SMU
This guy is a physical freak. A 6'8", 278 pound raider out of Estonia. His combine numbers, for a man his size, are world class. He's still relatively new to football but has shown marked improvement every year in college and came one shy of breaking the NCAA record for blocked kicks.
With a bit of development he could become a starter for years to come and should excel in the D Line rotation and especially on special teams in the short term.

2-55: DJ Swearinger, Safety, South Carolina
A fast riser so I'm hoping he'll still be available for us in the 2nd round. He's got great instincts and is a sound and solid tackler. I suspect that TT is going to give MacMillan another year to take the starting job but Swearinger would be a solid safety. Nose Tackle or a quality left tackle, like Watson should he fall, might be a good option.

3-88: Travis Kelce, Tight End, Cincinnati
Finley, it seems, is getting a year to prove himself. Kelce had an injury preventing his working out at the combine and this has hurt his draft stock. He seems a complete, well rounded tight end and a willing blocker. An additional weapon in the passing game would be welcome and Kelce should slot into special teams well as he develops.

4-122: David Quessenberry, Offensive Line, San Jose State
Quessenberry has the versatility TT covets, showing the ability to play every position on the offensive line. He is slight for an O lineman but a year or two in the weight program should add bulk to his frame. The word on this guy is his versatility and that fits the mold.

5-159: Cobi Hamilton, Wide Receiver, Arkansas
Greg Jennings has moved on, saldy, to the damned Vikings. But, then again, we've seen that show before with mixed results. His departure does raise a developmental need at receiver as Jordy, Jones, and Cobb seem to have the top slots locked up. Here's hoping Boykin steps up as well. Hamilton caught 90 balls last year and flashed big in several games. He seems a steady receiver and while his combine numbers don't wow you, he has been shown to be a productive receiver.

5(Comp)-167: Brandon Jenkins OLB/DE, Florida State

TT has shown a willingness to take players that fall due to injury a number of times. Depth at OLB is needed and, if Jenkins should return to form, will prove a steal. He went out the first week with a broken foot but prior to that there was talk of his going in the first round. He is an explosive pass rusher off the edge and while he needs to get better against the run should prove an excellent situational player for the Packers.

6-193: Kwame Geathers NT, Georgia

Another falling player due to questions as to his work ethic and poor combine numbers, this is the sort of player TT will snap up when he falls. Geathers was a part time player and would have been better served with another year at Georgia but chose to come out early. But, as TT says, you can never have enough big bodies and this behomoth certainly fits the bill.

7-232: Kenny Okoro CB, Wake Forest

Okoro shows excellent physical tools but needs to learn technique and play up to his high potential. He is a willing tackler and with some seasoning has the potential to develop into a solid corner in the NFL. In the interim he can serve on special teams.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Hunt would make me cringe. Best analogy I keep referencing with him is that he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. When you factor in that he's already 26, he doesn't make for the most intriguing first round pick.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep picturing his big mitts raising up over the line, smacking down kicks and passes alike. Looking for JJ Watt maybe, but I think with some seasoning he could be the real deal.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

I'd be happy with something like this if we didn't trade...

26 (26). Bjoern Werner, DE
25 (55). Kyle Long, OT
26 (88). Markus Wheaton, WR
25 (122). Le'Veon Bell, RB
26 (159). Cornelius Washington, OLB
34 (167). Dustin Hopkins, K
25 (193). Kwame Geathers, DT
26 (232). Lawrence Okoye, DE

And if you'll allow me to fantasize about trades a little bit here...

We trade 26 and 88 to Cincy for 37 and 53
Then we trade 55 and 159 for 77 and 82

2 (37). Justin Hunter, WR
2 (53). DJ Swearinger, FS
3 (77). Kawaan Short, DT
3 (82). Barrett Jones, C
4 (122) Le'Veon Bell, RB
5 (167) Devin Taylor, DE
6 (193) Marquess Wilson, WR
7 (232) Zac Dysert, QB

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 04-23-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hunt, but I didn't like that he was awful during one on ones in the Senior Bowl. I have a feeling he was thinking too much, but he just did not look good. If we are going to go with a project, I would rather draft Terron Armstead, LT - he is also a freak athletically, but he looked good in his bowl games.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea how I want our draft to go. But i'll know if I like it after we've done.

Just hoping we get some good players. Don't really care much for our needs this year. We have loads of smaller/minor needs, but nothing major. BPA is definitely on the cards, I don't see us moving about like we did last year.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I have no idea how I want our draft to go. But i'll know if I like it after we've done.

Just hoping we get some good players. Don't really care much for our needs this year. We have loads of smaller/minor needs, but nothing major. BPA is definitely on the cards, I don't see us moving about like we did last year.
I am the same....I could see us going so many different routes that it makes my head spin.

I mean realistically, we could draft a RB, WR, TE, LT, C (probably not), DE, ILB, or S in the first round.

My list of guys I would be okay with for our 1st Round Pick:

Eddie Lacy - To me we either draft Lacy early, or we draft a RB in rounds 4-7 (Maysonet, Stacy, etc).

Robert Woods/Justin Hunter/DeAndre Hopkins - I am a fan of all 3 of these guys, all with different abilities.

Tyler Eifert - I don't think we should draft a TE this year because A)We have some depth at the TE position and B)Iowa has a TE that I want the Pack to draft next year. However, Eifert has great size/speed/catching ability, so I would be okay with it.

Menelik Watson/Terron Armstead - I am a huge fan of drafting either of these guys. Watson will go somewhere in Round 1. Armstead is a guy that I really like, and I wish the Pack would just trade down to the top 10 picks in the 2nd round and pick him up. By far, our LT's have sucked, and I really dont want to see another year of Marshall Newhouse getting beat badly. I really wouldn't care if we drafted Armstead in Round 1.

Margus Hunt - We need some height and length on our DL, and he provides that. He is a project and he is older, but say it takes him two years to figure out the NFL, he will still have 4 or 5 good years left in him, and his ceiling is very very high.

Datone Jones - Decent size and a good player.

Eric Reid/John Cyprien - I like both of these guys. Reid is the better athlete, but each year at LSU he got better. Cyprien is the better player today and he can really lay the hammer.

Guys I do not want the Pack to Draft Round 1:

Justin Pugh/Manti Teo
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Hunt would make me cringe. Best analogy I keep referencing with him is that he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. When you factor in that he's already 26, he doesn't make for the most intriguing first round pick.
He's had some games where he wasn't a stud for sure, but there were some games he TOOK OVER. You can't deny that.
There were some games where Cullen Jenkins name was never called.
There were games where Jerel Worthy's name was never called.
Same with BJ Raji. We need some help at DE on this team, and he'd provide the heighth.... our DE's are shorter than typical for this scheme. He's not.

Hunt is still 25.

Also, I talked to him last week.... decent guy, mature.... he said TT talked to him at the combine or senior bowl (I can't remember which he said, or both)... he also said TT is an SMU Grad, which I didn't even remember. Could be a nice fit, but I predict Hunt is taken by a different great team like New England or San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Guys I do not want in Round 1:

Justin Pugh/Manti Teo
Prince is gonna kick ya ass!

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 04-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This might be fun. I'm going to get drunk and make a list of names. I called the Nick Perry pick last year, but that was it. I liked the Worthy and Hayward picks a lot, but I certainly wouldn't have guessed those picks.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
He's had some games where he wasn't a stud for sure, but there were some games he TOOK OVER. You can't deny that.
For playing in Conference USA, Hunt was just another guy most of the time and of course there were instances where he "flashed" but he's a non-factor far too often to make me get excited about his game.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With TT, you never know which way he'll go. They definitely need another WR and they have been looking for a RB for YEARS, but personally I'm hoping they get some goddamn tough HOGS up front on the OL and DL. It all starts there and this team's OL/DL just doesn't stack up vs the physical teams in the conference. Raji having another stud next to him likely elevates his game and it just creates a domino effect throughout the entire D. They need to get stronger up front, period

I want a NT or DE and OT/OG early and often. They could conceivably trade down 10-15 spots and still get a good NT + adding another top 100 pick

there's 0% chance of it but damn would it be great if they traded up to get Lotulelei
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

The Packers are flying Benson in to check out how he is. Maybe, he is resigned due to the fact they do not like anyone in the early rounds.

Also, Da'Rick Rogers is a guy I think Ted likes. TT doesn't care for attiude problem WRs(He loved Crabtree and Dez.) You could find similar aspects of both those guys in Rogers' game

People talk about how perfect of a fit Woods is, and I do love Woods, but so is Rogers

As for Hunt, I wouldn't touch him in a 3-4. He needs to play at 300. He's about 270. That's 30 pounds of muscle(not just weight) He has to add to his 6'8 frame. Ted loved Smith when he was with the Bengals; Ted even tried to bring him in, but Hunt is too old of a prospect and too raw to draft so early.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.