Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That wasn't a prediction, a Vikings beat writer and LaCanfora just tweeted it.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...smith-ref-push

They're saying he probably will be fined. But it is ESPN.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's from a few hours ago and things have apparently changed because more than one beat writer is reporting that Frazier said there's no fine either.

Whatever though really doesn't matter to me haha.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did that guy do?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What did that guy do?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is precedent for no fine in that situation. I posted it a couple of times already.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spot View Post
Falcons have a nice passing game, but their offensive line is average at best and could be this teams' undoing against an elite defensive line in the playoffs.

Falcons also have a *good* defense, but it's not even close to being elite. It's not on the same level as the 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, or even the Rams.

So once again, the Falcons are a very good, well-rounded team that is not truly elite in any one specific area, that will cruise to a 12-4, 13-3 type of record and an NFC South division title, but will probably end up disappointing in the playoffs once again.

My vote for best team in the NFC is probably the 49ers, but the Bears have the best defense by far and sometimes truly dominant, elite defenses take over games so much so that the offense doesn't even matter that much. The Bears are beginning to look like that type of team and might ride that defense (that is far and away better than any other defense in the NFC right now) to the Super Bowl.

For my money, it's either going to be the 49ers or Bears to come out of the NFC, and they're going to end up playing either the Texans or Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spot View Post
I'm calling it right now, halfway into Week 3.

There are no two better teams in the league in the NFC and AFC, respectively, than Atlanta and Houston.

Both have explosive offenses backed by elite defensive units. Houston and Atlanta might have the two best *passing* defenses in the NFL and that's what wins these days. And of course, Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub are two of the most efficient quarterbacks playing in the game today. There might be better pure quarterbacks, but none that have the support of a better defense.

What a difference 3 weeks makes huh?
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Was Green really that good? Other than the one big play he broke off, he did nothing but run into non existent gaps and get stopped for little or no gain. At least with Benson we have a runner that can consistently get decent gains.
Meh. Benson is an aging 3.5 yard/carry guy. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I hope that he's back on the field ASAP; but he only seems good because we're used to dogshit running backs.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
C-marq diggin up the dirt

I think the Falcons defense is better than initiAlly given credit for but this is a classic example of the word 'elite' being thrown around too much. They have played well but lets see them sustain it.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think the Falcons defense is better than initiAlly given credit for but this is a classic example of the word 'elite' being thrown around too much. They have played well but lets see them sustain it.
Just like how people are calling Eli elite...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Definitely. I jumped to conclusions too quickly regarding the Atlanta defense.

The past 3 games have changed my mind about Atlanta's defense. They are good, but not as good as i thought they were. I've seen some significant weaknesses in run defense, and while their pass defense looks great when Mike Nolan's blitz concepts are getting home, they aren't nearly as solid a pass defense as, say, the Bears or Texans, simply because they have to rely on the blitz to some extent whereas those two teams have more elite pass rushers up front to beat one-on-one matchups.

Again, I'm not saying that Atlanta's defense sucks. It's still probably a top-10 unit in the NFL at the end of the season. But it's not in the same league as the 49ers or the Bears.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks defense is so dirty. Right there with SF and HOU.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hes been better than Rodgers this season
BOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kind of like people have done with Rodgers......... I'm just mad at him for playing poorly this season really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seahawks defense is so dirty. Right there with SF and HOU.
Would be a shame if they wasted it on that offense. I've been tough on Russell Wilson and think they'd be better off with Flynn but it's just so bland it might not matter who's behind center.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Hes been better than Rodgers this season
BOOM

And only marginally, if at all. And that doesn't make Eli any more elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Kind of like people have done with Rodgers......... I'm just mad at him for playing poorly this season really.
Still butthurt I see.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who has been better than both this year?

abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You both should just drive off a mountain Preferably Abaddon driving, because SP isn't old enough to drive yet. Just kidding. Lots of white text today.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 10-08-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You both should just drive off a mountain Preferably Abaddon driving, because SP isn't old enough to drive yet. Just kidding. Lots of white text today.
Lol, yes I am.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Lol, yes I am.
Oh.

Well than you drive I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Hmm, well Abbadon would have been driving for longer, so it would be sensible for him to drive. But then I guess it doesn't matter if i'm driving off a cliff. Depends who car it is.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh.

Well than you drive I guess.
Just a suggestion, and no offense intended here, but if you are going to mock someone for their age you should probably proofread your posts.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Would be a shame if they wasted it on that offense. I've been tough on Russell Wilson and think they'd be better off with Flynn but it's just so bland it might not matter who's behind center.
You are not alone.

I also wish Flynn was the starter.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Quote:
You are not alone.

I also wish Flynn was the starter.
Is Sidney Rice getting open? Or does he just suck now? I can't believe how far his production has dropped so quickly but he really hasn't had a QB his entire career except the one ridiculous Favre year.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Is Sidney Rice getting open? Or does he just suck now? I can't believe how far his production has dropped so quickly but he really hasn't had a QB his entire career except the one ridiculous Favre year.
They're having better results throwing to Tate right now. I know Rice has dropped a few and one or two have bounced off his hands for ints. but i'll go with the idea that he isn't what he used to be.

In that offense it's hard to say what would work with an experienced QB. On the one hand Carroll is sticking with Russell no matter what and on the other hand the playbook is extremely thin.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not aware of any positive correlation between age and grammar ability.
I'm. What are you, 5 years old or something?
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote