Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-04-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Canes

Well I'm bored and it's the offseason so lets discuss the Miami Hurricanes. :)

Predictions for next season. 8-4, losses to Oklahoma, TAMU, and 2 of 3 with FSU, VT and BC. That's if our QB can play decently. If they are bad 5 or 6 losses is a possibility. If the QB plays above decent I think 2 losses and a ACC championship is very realistic.

The freshmen that I think will make an impact are Graig Cooper, Doug Wiggins, DVD and one of the WRs, either Hankerson or the JUCO transfer. I really can't wait to see Cooper in action. All the Hester talk is getting me excited.

DJP's UM blog. http://umhurricanes.blogspot.com/

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 11-05-2008 at 04:57 PM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that if Javarris James has a huge game in week 1 that the Canes could shock the Sooners.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

prediction

0-12

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

8-4 seems pretty good. That defense will carry the team just like last year.

If the QB plays even ok they could be really good, but we'll see.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
prediction

0-12
lol agreed they will lose alot of games i think the same type of year as last year....... a bad one.

-Kyle wright is horrible at QB so i dont expect much from them!
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
prediction

0-12
They have 18 returning starters, no way they will have another bad season 8-4 at worst. The qbs are awful but they will have an amazing ground game and a nasty defense

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
lol agreed they will lose alot of games i think the same type of year as last year....... a bad one.

-Kyle wright is horrible at QB so i dont expect much from them!
Don't need no damn QB with J. James there. He's good enough for 6-7 wins
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think the QB play can be worse than last year to tell you the truth. The defense will be just as good, the ground game will be better, the receiving corps will be better in my opinion as well. I say they go 9-3.

How much of a chance are you guys giving them against Oklahoma?
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Miami will beat Oklahoma

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-05-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should be able to get by with the running game. James and Cooper will be very good this year. The defense will be stacked as always, but QB play will be the downfall. I think Robert Marve will start atleast once this year.

I say they finish top 4 in the ACC.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the starting QB can play mistake free football and play decently we can win, but if Wright gets sacked 6 times and throws 2 ints we have no chance. That's one thing I like about Freeman over Wright is that he didn't hold on to the ball to long and could run if need be, even though the OL was somewhat bad Wright held onto the ball way too long last year and tried to run too much.

I don't think our ground game is that dominant that it can overcome the passing game. We have 2 guys that can be great backs but the OL looked very average in the spring game. It was a mixed unit with injuries though. It can be a good unit but it still worries me.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
WarOnTheShore
Rookie

WarOnTheShore smells like sex panther.

8-4 sounds about right, but their schedule is pretty rough. I don't think they'll beat Oklahoma, but that Texas A&M game should be really entertaining.
WarOnTheShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll go as far as Nix and Wright can take them... all signs have pointed to improvement but I can't see them going 12-0 or 11-1 or anything. I would probably guess 10-2 or more realistically, 9-3. This team is VERY, very talented.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wink

i'm gonna agree with 10-2, 9-3. I think our offensive line is gonna be much better than it was last year. Jason Fox, hopefully, will continue to be beastly, and Youngblood should finally live up to his billing. We finally got rid of that bum Wollschlager, so i think we should be much better.

I'm not sure where i stand on the kyle wright v. kirby freeman debate. From all signs, Robert Marve has been excellent, and he's really grasping the playbook well and he's shown to be a weight room freak. I want to see him start next year though, because i just don't want to have to go through the growing pains with him this year. I would like to see Kyle Wright win the starting job, i guess, that way there won't be a controversy between Marve and Freeman next year if Kirby wins. If Wright wins though, i want to see Marve as the #2, that way he can actually get some meaningful playing time. BTW, the guy from sunshinepreps has said that Marve is the best prospect from Florida that he's seen since he's been scouting. :O VERY high praise.

On players coming in that i think can have an impact, definitely Cooper and Farquharson. Our lack of depth should mean that farq should get some minutes. I'd like to see Leggett and Shields starting, Jenkins playing the slot, and have Jones and Farq spell them. I really want to see LL take the next step, and actually catch the ball this year, and not get scared of the hit.

I don't think DVD and Wiggins are going to get much playing time this year at corner, but i think they're going to make their mark on special teams, especially DVD.

Who do you guys want from high school? I gotta say my favorite prospect is Aldarius Johnson. He's the best wide reciever prospect from SoFla in a while. Forston seems like a lock, he's a beast. Pretty much all of Northwestern are beasts. And how 'bout PJ? This kid reminds me of Chris McAlister, he has amazing technique and size for his age. Brandon Harris is another good one. Corey Liuget is great. Etienne Sabino. Really a great year for recruiting.

On defense, Campbell and Phillips are going to be the leaders. McCarthy has been playing LIGHTS OUT. I really want to see him starting in the middle this year. T-Good is solid. And he's a decent rapper too http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ons/icon12.gif
Wink . Eric Moncur is someone who is going to have to step up to take some pressure off of CC. Dixon needs to take up blockers, and TMAC needs to play like he did in the spring game.

I'm very excited for college football this upcoming season. We have a couple of big-time games that could show the nation that the U is back. Shannon is gonna bring us back to glory.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

One of the main guys I wanted was Patrick Johnson. He is such a great athlete and has fantastic ball skills, something our DBs have been severely lacking. Definitely want to get the NW boys in here too. Not that familiar with a lot of the other guys yet.

Wiggins looked very good in spring and even though we are deep at CB I think he could see some spot in nickel through out the year. DVD and Cooper will definitely help out the return game, last year I was happy if they didn't fumble the punt, I expect a few TDs this year.

I loved McCarthy in the spring game. He was everywhere. I really want to see him, Gooden and Cook starting. I was a bit worried about the DTs but McCray, Dixon and even Holmes and Hendricks looked very good in the spring game.

Man I can't wait for the season to start, very excited about next season.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I just realized Cooper is going to wear #2. Him and James wearing #5, man I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. :)

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any prospects that will be 1st day picks next year other then Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have them at the very least going 9-3 but im expecting big things
Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Any prospects that will be 1st day picks next year other then Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell?
LB Tavares Gooden is a very good SLB prospect. 1st day is realistic for him. DT Teraz McCray if he can stay healthy. Lance Leggett is a possibility.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Miami team is kinda similar to the Baltimore Ravens of a few years ago. Struggling offense, namely the passing game, good running game, and a lights-out defense.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thearon Collier de-committed from Auburn and commits to Miami. He's a 5'9'', 165 pound WR from Booker T. Washington. He's not extremely fast, but he's very quick. Poor man's Devin Hester or Roscoe Parrish. 3, possible 4 star.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
LB Tavares Gooden is a very good SLB prospect. 1st day is realistic for him. DT Teraz McCray if he can stay healthy. Lance Leggett is a possibility.
certainly not a strong possibility

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
certainly not a strong possibility
Best chance of any offense player we have this year. He has the tools and has shown them before, he just needs to stay healthy and be consistent, which really depends on the QB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Best chance of any offense player we have this year. He has the tools and has shown them before, he just needs to stay healthy and be consistent, which really depends on the QB.
Is he the 6'6" one, or am I confusing him with somebody else?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He is 6-3.

Wow, Sam Shields ran a 4.26, fastest on the team.

<njx9> <3 dg