Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6 -- Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns

Its going to come down to four keys for the Bengals. 1. The run game 2. Rey Maualuga 3. Pass Rush 4. The Oline

1. The run game has been downright miserable. The Law firm has looked terrible and the only glimpse of a decent run game came from Scott last week. However, Scott is hurt. Peerman or Leonard need to step up in order for us to even look remotely competitive at the run game. The O-line needs to help too as they havn't looked amazing blocking for the backs either.

2. Maualuga in my eyes has been a bust. He is an undisciplined mess out there and when he doesn't over commit to a play he doesn't commit at all. Richardson will run all over us if Maualuga comes in a plays terrible. There is hope that like two weeks ago the rest of the Bengals defense shuts the run game down like they did against Jones-Drew.

3. Last time the Bengals played the Browns they didn't have Dunlap. Now they do. The Pass rush was horrid the last game. Since then the Bengals have been getting to the QB. If they can continue to pressure Weeden all day then the Bengals will win this one easily.

4. The Oline looked bad against Miami. Dalton was pressured more than usual but that might be because we had to play catch-up. Still they need to protect Dalton and open the run lanes so whomever is running has somewhere to go.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Agree with your points. I not sure what is the real problem with our run game, we've been talking about it this for awhile and I am beginning to think dropping Benson might of been a mistake.

Maualuga is the key to the game to stopping Richardson, unfortunately I don't see this happening. I'd be surprised to see him on the team next year, we can move Burfict over and be done with this roller coaster of a player.

Reports are for wind in Clev, Daulton needs time to get into his throws, I think he will be OK if OL does their job.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game pretty much prolly will destroy our hopes for playoffs.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals should prolly never start Newman again. Teams are just keying in on whoever he is covering. I would rather see Kirkpatick out there getting beat then Newman.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was certainly pretty embarrassing especially in the second half. Seasons not over but that definitely doesn't help our playoff chances. Was good to see we had at least some semblance of a run game, albeit it was only in the first half.

I actually really liked how Trevor Robinson looked when he came in. Seemed strong in the run game and we were able to move the ball in that regard more effectively than with Faine.

It's also pretty obvious that we need another deep threat at WR, which we might have in Marvin Jones but he doesn't get to see the field on a consistent basis. Seems like when AJ is being doubled and we don't have Hawk open over the middle our only other option is a back sliding out of the backfield.

I don't even really wanna talk about the D. I like our line a lot but other than that there's just not much left to talk about other than like Leon and Taze. Hopefully KPat gets a chance soon but our S are soo bad in pass coverage it might ruin his development.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Well that was certainly pretty embarrassing especially in the second half. Seasons not over but that definitely doesn't help our playoff chances. Was good to see we had at least some semblance of a run game, albeit it was only in the first half.

I actually really liked how Trevor Robinson looked when he came in. Seemed strong in the run game and we were able to move the ball in that regard more effectively than with Faine.

It's also pretty obvious that we need another deep threat at WR, which we might have in Marvin Jones but he doesn't get to see the field on a consistent basis. Seems like when AJ is being doubled and we don't have Hawk open over the middle our only other option is a back sliding out of the backfield.

I don't even really wanna talk about the D. I like our line a lot but other than that there's just not much left to talk about other than like Leon and Taze. Hopefully KPat gets a chance soon but our S are soo bad in pass coverage it might ruin his development.
We need an S upgrade bad, need Kpat as well.