Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soybean got a lil too crazy

Cutler doesn't suck, he's just average
Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, #1 scoring defense in football. Held their last 4 opponents to 6, 18, 3 and 7 with a host of defensive scores scattered in there.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also, #1 scoring defense in football. Held their last 4 opponents to 6, 18, 3 and 7 with a host of defensive scores scattered in there.
Imma join y'all for this season. I love Jay, and Forte is sick too. I've always loved Peanut, Urlacher, and Peppers.]

Can I change my name for the season? DaBears4JustThisYear??

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Imma join y'all for this season. I love Jay, and Forte is sick too. I've always loved Peanut, Urlacher, and Peppers.
And we have Michael Bush!

Which, I'm sure you're less than thrilled about...but still!
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I thought it was San Francisco after they gave up that last touchdown. At least, that is what I heard from another poster.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And we have Michael Bush!

Which, I'm sure you're less than thrilled about...but still!
O yea...Michael Bush, I think my mind and heart still try to forget that a little bit. Should have never left, gtdamn, but I still like him.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? I thought it was San Francisco after they gave up that last touchdown. At least, that is what I heard from another poster.
Per nfl.com, the Bears have allowed 71 and the 49ers have allowed 100. (49ers are #2.)

If you haven't had your bye yet, that might make a slight difference, but even then, the Bears would have to give up 29 points to be tied.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Imma join y'all for this season. I love Jay, and Forte is sick too. I've always loved Peanut, Urlacher, and Peppers.]

Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I don't really like anyone else. I like Balti but they got decimated with injuriezzzz

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't really like anyone else. I like Balti but they got decimated with injuriezzzz
INJURIEZZ Champions of the World:

2010: Packers
2011: Chiefs
2012: Ravens
Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But what about raiderz4lifezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz??????

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
INJURIEZZ Champions of the World:

2010: Packers
2011: Chiefs
2012: Ravens
Pack just lost Charles Woodson. They want to get their title back. They are trying to recreate the 2010 BLUEPRINT.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here is my response to all further discussion tonight:

5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1

5-1 5-1 5-1

5-1

You should have beat us by a lot more. We turned the ball over 3 times, our offense was absolute horseshit, and our special teams is the worst in football unless Hanson is kicking a field goal (which he didn't do tonight). We are not a good team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But what about raiderz4lifezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz??????
I'll always bleed Silver and Black, but lets be real, this Oakland team isn't going anywhere this year. I'll pick a team out of the winners and root for them whenever they don't play the Raiders.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You should have beat us by a lot more. We turned the ball over 3 times, our offense was absolute horseshit, and our special teams is the worst in football unless Hanson is kicking a field goal (which he didn't do tonight). We are not a good team.
The Lions should have scored more, but turnovers killed it. The Bears then should have dominated the game because of those turnovers and they didn't. The Bears defense did play very well, but it was an all around ugly game.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't disagree. Cutler wasn't right after the injury even though he kept playing which I think is a big part of why the offense stagnated.

The defense held strong though and had a shutout brewing until they went to the prevent late, including two big red zone stands that ended with a fumble and a turnover on downs.

I'll take it. I always say, the ugliest win is better than the most glorious loss. We put another in the win column, and get two more winnable games against the Panthers and Titans up next. Hopefully the defense stays at this level and puts us up 7-1 before the schedule gets tougher.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't disagree. Cutler wasn't right after the injury even though he kept playing which I think is a big part of why the offense stagnated.

The defense held strong though and had a shutout brewing until they went to the prevent late, including two big red zone stands that ended with a fumble and a turnover on downs.

I'll take it. I always say, the ugliest win is better than the most glorious loss. We put another in the win column, and get two more winnable games against the Panthers and Titans up next. Hopefully the defense stays at this level and puts us up 7-1 before the schedule gets tougher.
If you don't beat up Cam and make him cry some more, I'll be upset.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Oak @ Atl

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I'll always bleed Silver and Black, but lets be real, this Oakland team isn't going anywhere this year. I'll pick a team out of the winners and root for them whenever they don't play the Raiders.
Picking up another team when your own team hits the shitter. Brilliant.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I didn't even pick another team during the 0-16 season, man up Jose.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per nfl.com, the Bears have allowed 71 and the 49ers have allowed 100. (49ers are #2.)

If you haven't had your bye yet, that might make a slight difference, but even then, the Bears would have to give up 29 points to be tied.
71 was before the bye. Its 78 now.

If we're going by PPG, then 78/6 is 13 points. 100/7 is 14.2. So by either metric, the Bears are #1 in total points allowed and PPG.

Add in the defensive scores and TO ratio and the Bears are playing like the best defense in the NFL this year.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I need something to root for!! You guys are acting like I'm bandwagon hopping for good.

I just happen to like Baltimore and Chicago, whenever the Raiders aren't playing those 2 are who I usually watch.

Its either that or pick up the bottle of booze.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I need something to root for!! You guys are acting like I'm bandwagon hopping for good.

I just happen to like Baltimore and Chicago, whenever the Raiders aren't playing those 2 are who I usually watch.

Its either that or pick up the bottle of booze.
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I can't root for another team. Feels fake to me. Especially when I haven't been closely following the team.

Have you adopted another team though midseason for the past ten years? Since Oakland hasn't gone anywhere in that amount of time. If so, damn son.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I can't root for another team. Feels fake to me. Especially when I haven't been closely following the team.

Have you adopted another team though midseason for the past ten years? Since Oakland hasn't gone anywhere in that amount of time. If so, damn son.
Idk if I'm explaining myself right, I wouldn't ever call me a fan of any other team but if the Ravens or Bears are playing I'll pick them to win and enjoy watching them play and prefer watching em play over other non-oakland teams. Whereas idc about anyone else, at all. I've never adopted a team mid-season, I've always liked those 2. More specifically I like a lot of their players and like to watch em play.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-22-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Really? No team ever compares for the giants but there's a few teams I root for when they're not playing the giants. Bears cause I live in chicago and am a Cutler fan, Bills cause I went to school in buffalo for a couple years and loved the town, then there's a rotating third other team who I just like to watch cause funny things happen in their games.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote