Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Regardless of the final outcome, its undeniable- Alex has played poorly in 4 of the last 5 games (Vikings, Jets, Giants, Seahawks) with great game against the Bills.

How long we can accept this poor play?
He is definitely in a funk right now. I think it's going to depend on whether the team starts losing games or not. A quarterback change in the middle of the season rarely works. And the team is 5-2. So whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah we win!!!! The season isn't over!!!!
Doesn't matter. Alex Smith sucks. Doesn't throw it deep.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah we win!!!! The season isn't over!!!!
And Dan won't trade away all our players!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
And Dan won't trade away all our players!!!
But we could totally have like ten 7th round picks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how I feel right now:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly win...but I'll take it.

My issue is with Alex. After 6 games, he looks no different than he did last year. The Buffalo game looked good stat wise but he didn't really make any difficult throws or throws that I would say that he's making strides as a passer. He was supposed to evolve. He was supposed to start making throws in tighter windows. He was supposed stop panicking in the pocket, step-up any keep his head up-field and find guys open. He was supposed not turn the ball over, making moronic decisions with the ball. These last two games, he actually looks worst in than at any point last year. He's not letting routes develop by simply sliding and stepping up in the pocket and buying a few seconds more. And he's making horrible reads. He's leaving alot plays and points on the field. He should be better in this offense than what we've seen and he needs to step it up. He's touch on the deep ball is still non-existent and he looks gun shy in the pocket. Missing Moss in the end-zone, only to throw a int across his body was just unacceptable. I'm not asking him to be Montana....just make the plays that are there to be made.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Ugly win...but I'll take it.

My issue is with Alex. After 6 games, he looks no different than he did last year. The Buffalo game looked good stat wise but he didn't really make any difficult throws or throws that I would say that he's making strides as a passer. He was supposed to evolve. He was supposed to start making throws in tighter windows. He was supposed stop panicking in the pocket, step-up any keep his head up-field and find guys open. He was supposed not turn the ball over, making by moronic decisions with the ball. These last two games, he actually looks worst in than at any point last year. He's not letting routes develop by simply sliding and stepping up in the pocket and buying a few seconds more. And he's making horrible reads. He's leaving alot plays and points on the field. He should be better in this offense than what we've seeing and he needs to step up. He's touch on the deep ball is still non-existent and he looks gun shy in the pocket. Missing Moss in the end-zone, only to throw a int across his body was just unacceptable. I'm not asking him to be Montana....just make the plays that are there to be made.
So is it time to start Kaepernick then?

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So is it time to start Kaepernick then?
No...its time for Jimbaugh to get in his ear and tell him he needs to step it. Its time for Roman to get on him in the film room and tell him he has to be better. Not saying they aren't doing this but still, somebody needs to get on him and get his ass in gear.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

You guys can discuss Alex all you want.

I'm going to try and enjoy the win for a day or two before I get depressed about the QB situation.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
No...its time Jimarbaugh to get in his ear and tell him he needs to step it.
Well yelling at someone isn't going to make them play better. That was Singletary's mantra. Harbaugh went after Peyton Manning (apparently) in the offseason and Kaepernick was drafted. I think he is going to get his shot after two things start happening: the 49ers start losing games based on quarterback play and/or the 49ers lose a playoff game because of quarterback play.

Kaepernick will then get his shot and we'll find out if he's either the future or not. Unfortunately by that time a lot of the talent we have now on our team might be gone or diminished.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You guys can discuss Alex all you want.

I'm going to try and enjoy the win for a day or two before I get depressed about the QB situation.
It's really hard for me to enjoy a win like this though with that situation looming. I can't just "block it out". It's kind of like "who cares", because you know you can't keep winning games like this forever.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's really hard for me to enjoy a win like this though with that situation looming. I can't just "block it out". It's kind of like "who cares", because you know you can't keep winning games like this forever.
Nahhhhh. I'm going to enjoy the win and make a complete ass of myself by ripping the **** out of everyone else's teams on Sunday in the gameday thread. Good times soon.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well yelling at someone isn't going to make them play better. That was Singletary's mantra. Harbaugh went after Peyton Manning (apparently) in the offseason and Kaepernick was drafted. I think he is going to get his shot after two things start happening: the 49ers start losing games based on quarterback play and/or the 49ers lose a playoff game because of quarterback play.

Kaepernick will then get his shot and we'll find out if he's either the future or not. Unfortunately by that time a lot of the talent we have now on our team might be gone or diminished.
I'm not saying yell. I'm saying he has to let him know his play has to improve and he has to be better for this team to reach its maximum potential. He's holding back the offense. Something tells me Jimbaugh just pats him on the back and tells him 'its ok, we'll get'em next play'. No more of that, if that is the case.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't feel like Alex played that poorly, outside of the overthrow of Williams early and the terrible interception when he had Moss open. The Seahawks have one of, if not the best cornerback duo in the league and they were blanketing our receivers, sometimes with questionable amounts of contact. Other QBs have posted pretty low Y/A against the Seahawks this year as well.

Brady: 6.8
Rodgers: 5.7
Romo: 6.3
Newton: 4.9

Smith was at 6.1. The Seahawks have more interceptions than they have allowed passing touchdowns this year, every one of those QBs had the same amount of touchdowns as picks against them.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-18-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Nahhhhh. I'm going to enjoy the win and make a complete ass of myself by ripping the **** out of everyone else's teams on Sunday in the gameday thread. Good times soon.
You know they're just going to play the "Your quarterback SUX" card right?

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to try and enjoy the win for a day or two before I get depressed about the stupid SF Giants situation.
fixed that for you

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I didn't feel like Alex played that poorly, outside of the overthrow of Williams early and the terrible interception when he had Moss open. The Seahawks have one of, if not the best cornerback duo in the league and they were blanketing our receivers, sometimes with questionable amounts of contact. Other QBs have posted pretty low Y/A against the Seahawks this year as well.

Smith was at 6.1. The Seahawks have more interceptions than they have allowed passing touchdowns this year, every one of those QBs had the same amount of touchdowns as picks against them.
Well Alex is going to be doubted until he plays a good defense, and plays it well plain and simple. I should a good team that is. The Cardinals on the road are next. We shall see how it plays out.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You know they're just going to play the "Your quarterback SUX" card right?
And I'll be like, "Yeah, I agree. Let's go back to making fun of your team now."

Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
fixed that for you
Boner has been lost. Thanks.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Alex is going to be doubted until he plays a good defense, and plays it well plain and simple. I should a good team that is. The Cardinals on the road are next. We shall see how it plays out.
If people expected Alex to come out and light up this Seahawks defense they were sadly mistaken. Nobody lights up this defense passing the ball.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Its not just this game...its 4 of the last 5. And he's yet to have even a good game when facing even a decent defense this year.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

The Packers have at least a decent defense. If Alex Smith can play great against bad defenses, like the Bills and Lions, good enough against average ones, like the Packers, and decent against good ones, like the Seahawks and Vikings and Jets, then I am happy. The game against the Giants was an anomaly.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Packers have at least a decent defense. If Alex Smith can play great against bad defenses, like the Bills and Lions, good enough against average ones, like the Packers, and decent against good ones, like the Seahawks and Vikings and Jets, then I am happy. The game against the Giants was an anomaly.
I don't see the Jets, Vikings, and Seahawks games as "decent", i see them as below average if not worse, and i guess thats where the fundamental disagreement comes from.

BTW, whats up with our rush defense...thats two straight 100 yard rushers at home. Besides Alex, that was the main thing i was disappointed in tonight.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 10-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Wanted to mention that I'm very proud of myself for not posting any pics of midgets when describing Russell Wilson. It took a lot of internal struggling to pull that off. I think I've grown.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
If people expected Alex to come out and light up this Seahawks defense they were sadly mistaken. Nobody lights up this defense passing the ball.
That's true. But good quarterbacks how those kinds of games at least against teams that seem formidable. It's not so much the passing statistics or anything more so than missing open receivers for big plays. Kyle Williams open for a touchdown, or Randy Moss open in the back of the endzone with Gore on the film pointing him out to him. LOL that's going to be a really awkward moment for Alex in the film room in the coming days. Gore literally had to point him out.

Quote:
Closed Thread