Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando Cabrera would be a great addition

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greinke is going to ******* beast in the national league. Three legit starters in Milwaukee, we haven't been able to say that for awhile.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on getting Greinke. You guys absolutely stole him, I can't believe the Jays couldn't top that offer.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Chucky!

We've always had the "future" to hang our hats on, waiting patiently year-by-year for everything to come together, but now we've mortaged the future for now and i'm excited about it!!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on stealing Zack from us...oh and good luck with Yuni...you'll need it
Old 12-19-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yuni is terrible defensively and offensively he is an OBP liability. Of course, he did manage a career high 16 HRs and some of those were pretty clutch.

I don't like what I'm seeing so far on your board about "stealing" Greinke. I've done some research on your minor leagues and see that Escobar was the #2 prospect, Cain #8, Odorizzi #9 and they said Jeffress would have been listed if not for his drug issue??? Escobar seems like a great glove with not much bat. Cain looks like a guy with all the tools, he just hasn't put it together yet and Odorizzi is going to be a good pitcher. I wanna know what you think about these guys from a Brewers fan perspective. And what's up with Jeffress and drugs?

Oh, by the way, you'll ******* love Greinke. He is better than you though he was and pitching in the NL will only make him better. Great fastball in the mid-low 90's. He can reach back and push it to the high 90's when he needs it. He has a great curve ball and then an even better super slow curve ball. Every pitch in his arsenal are ++ and can be thrown for strikes. If the opposing team is going to get to him, most of the time it's early in the game. If he makes it through the 2nd inning unscathed, then get ready for a great pitching performance. I hate to see him go, but I understand the baseball decision that had to be made. He wasn't resigning with KC after 2012 and he wants to win now.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 12-19-2010 at 10:09 AM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Odorizzi is the best part of the deal for the Royals, top end of the rotation potential, and Jeffress has some serious ability but loves grass

Old 12-19-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Odorizzi is the best part of the deal for the Royals, top end of the rotation potential, and Jeffress has some serious ability but loves grass
LOL, we all love/loved grass. I had to give it up when I got married and he should know he can't smoke in baseball. He was a 1st round pick, right? Hopefully this trade works out better for KC than the Beltran trade or the Damon trade or the Dye trade. Not a single player on the roster from the Beltran trade. I know we have much better management and talent evaluators now. I think that'll help.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
LOL, we all love/loved grass. I had to give it up when I got married and he should know he can't smoke in baseball. He was a 1st round pick, right? Hopefully this trade works out better for KC than the Beltran trade or the Damon trade or the Dye trade. Not a single player on the roster from the Beltran trade. I know we have much better management and talent evaluators now. I think that'll help.
Yah, he was 16th overall for us a few years back if memory serves me. I was always really excited about his potential.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Jeffress might not be involved in the trade. Its rumored to be Escobar, Cain, Odorizzi, and a player to be named.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I don't like what I'm seeing so far on your board about "stealing" Greinke. I've done some research on your minor leagues and see that Escobar was the #2 prospect, Cain #8, Odorizzi #9 and they said Jeffress would have been listed if not for his drug issue??? Escobar seems like a great glove with not much bat. Cain looks like a guy with all the tools, he just hasn't put it together yet and Odorizzi is going to be a good pitcher. I wanna know what you think about these guys from a Brewers fan perspective. And what's up with Jeffress and drugs?
It is "potentially" a steal of Greinke.

Escobar was a top prospect, but he definitely didn't play up to expectations last year. He obviously still has room to grow, but a .235 AVG and .288 OBP last year is not a good sign. I can't imagine what his AVG would have been if he didn't have the speed to beat out some infield singles. He is not the prospect he was a year ago.

Cain is somewhat of an enigma for me. I love him but truly have no idea how good he could be. He has speed, but it hasn't been shown a ton in the majors or minors. Really don't know if he could develop some power potential or not but right now it doesn't look like it. Best case scenario, I think he is Randy Wynn in his prime with a little more speed (.300 AVG, .350 OBP, 30 SB easily possible), worst case he is a great defensive CF that hits around .275, .330 obp, 20-30 steals. Either way, he'll be a good player.

Odorizzi has been talked about plenty. Great potential and I think the best piece of the trade, but still very much a prospect and you never know how they pan out.

I feel people are calling it a steal, because if Escobar doesn't improve a lot offensively and Odorizzi doesn't pan out (which he is by no way a sure thing since he's just pitched in A ball), the trade could end up being a great defensive SS with a bad bat and a slightly above average CF for a Cy Young winning Starter.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

your right, cbssports.com is calling the trade official now, but Jeffress isn't specifically named in the trade. They leave it open for him to eventually be the player named later.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 12-19-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
It is "potentially" a steal of Greinke.

Escobar was a top prospect, but he definitely didn't play up to expectations last year. He obviously still has room to grow, but a .235 AVG and .288 OBP last year is not a good sign. I can't imagine what his AVG would have been if he didn't have the speed to beat out some infield singles. He is not the prospect he was a year ago.

Cain is somewhat of an enigma for me. I love him but truly have no idea how good he could be. He has speed, but it hasn't been shown a ton in the majors or minors. Really don't know if he could develop some power potential or not but right now it doesn't look like it. Best case scenario, I think he is Randy Wynn in his prime with a little more speed (.300 AVG, .350 OBP, 30 SB easily possible), worst case he is a great defensive CF that hits around .275, .330 obp, 20-30 steals. Either way, he'll be a good player.

Odorizzi has been talked about plenty. Great potential and I think the best piece of the trade, but still very much a prospect and you never know how they pan out.

I feel people are calling it a steal, because if Escobar doesn't improve a lot offensively and Odorizzi doesn't pan out (which he is by no way a sure thing since he's just pitched in A ball), the trade could end up being a great defensive SS with a bad bat and a slightly above average CF for a Cy Young winning Starter.
thank you for your fans perspective. That's good info on all the players involved. So, it sounds like this trade is completely based on potential for the Royals. Even though a couple of these guys have had MLB experience, they are all still potential players. Odorizzi and Cain sound like really good prospects. Escobar is young enough to see his potential. I just wish that we didn't pigeon hole ourselves, as a franchise, to needing only "up the middle prospects". That seems pretty narrow minded. I'd rather have BPA in a trade than best CF or SS, you know?
Old 12-19-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No freakin way. This is the trade I have dreamed about but said wouldn't happen. Go back and find all the posts where I said Grienke would be too good to be true and Escobar/Cain/Jeffress are completely tradable players. I don't like giving up Odorizzi but I am so freakin happy I couldn't care less at the moment. He was in what, A league? Whatever, he's a polished rookie (that's the opinion I choose now that he's gone, though it's pretty much true).

Playoffs. PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!! We are legit contenders now.

I don't know who we are going to put at short stop (a cornerstone position) but I feel so ridiculously happy about our pitching and offensive fire power I feel like we can compete with anyone in the NL. Seriously, this is so awesome, management has made pretty much every move I wanted them to make so far this offseason and not the ones I didn't want so far. Beyond happy, ecstatic, elated.

From next to last pitching to top 3 I'd say (vs. Phillies and Giants) in a couple of trades and a middle of the order Weeks-Hart-Braun-Fielder-McGehee that can slug and hit with anybody - my expectations are sky high for this team right now and I can't wait for March.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll add that I'm glad we unloaded Jeffress. He doesn't have starting potential to me since all he has is a fastball and he has been trying and failing to develop a 2nd let alone 3rd or 4th pitch. Don't really trust him as a reliever either for a lot of reasons but one of the top one is would you really trust him to throw a bunch of 98 MPH fast balls and not give up home runs in tight games?

Also, best starting rotation in the NL would be the Phillies and after that right now it looks like it could be us or San Francisco or St. Louis (I forgot about STL in my previous post). To be honest I probably like our rotation better than SF's since they only have 2 pitchers I really like (Lincecum and Cain) and their awesome pitching had a lot to do with their bullpen. Which brings me to the last thing I wanted to say - Brewers, please have a competitive bullpen to complement these studs. They should do better since the starters will eat more innings but I don't want to see the team fail because of them.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
agree. Melvin definitely is going all-in on this year.
I wouldn't say that "this year" here.
Greinke is not old or anything like that.

He just turned 27 after the season ended.
For comparison's sake:

Adam Wainwright is 29
CC Sabathia is 30
Cliff Lee is 32
Roy Halliday is 33
Roy Oswalt is 33
Chris Carpenter is 35

The Brewers just stole a guy who's a Cy Young arm and is 6 years younger than Cliff Lee.
Great deal. Forget the "prospects".

6 years from now, when ZG is 33 (same age as Cliff Lee now), I bet only one of those prospects is a regular big leaguer, and none of them will be at near the level Greinke is.

This is like Christmas.

This would be like the Packers adding a Julius Peppers or Elvis Dumervil in the off-season..... stop it.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I wouldn't say that "this year" here.
Greinke is not old or anything like that.

He just turned 27 after the season ended.
For comparison's sake:

Adam Wainwright is 29
CC Sabathia is 30
Cliff Lee is 32
Roy Halliday is 33
Roy Oswalt is 33
Chris Carpenter is 35

The Brewers just stole a guy who's a Cy Young arm and is 6 years younger than Cliff Lee.
Great deal. Forget the "prospects".

6 years from now, when ZG is 33 (same age as Cliff Lee now), I bet only one of those prospects is a regular big leaguer, and none of them will be at near the level Greinke is.

This is like Christmas.

This would be like the Packers adding a Julius Peppers or Elvis Dumervil in the off-season..... stop it.
Not to be a pessimist, but 6 years from now Greinke is going to be getting $150 million from the Red Sox.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 12-19-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this is awesome. I didn't believe it when the rumors came out, but this is incredible.

I really don't care about giving up Escobar and Jeffress. I'd rather not have lost Oddirizzi and Cain, but for Greinke it's totally worth it.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Not to be a pessimist, but 6 years from now Greinke is going to be getting $150 million from the Red Sox.
Well, that's 6 YEARS... and if he gets gigantic dollars in 6 YEARS, that means he will have given the Brewers 6 GOOD or GREAT YEARS.

No worries about 2017 right now.
Enjoy the next 6 YEARS.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Grienke has 2 years left on his contract last I heard and that was a major point in him getting traded. It's like we were talking about trading Prince last offseason. 2 years he's going to be awesome though, and there is always a chance he signs. Maybe he'll like it here and/or we'll go to the playoffs.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-19-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Yah, that's what I was getting at. It's hard to envision a scenario where we're able to resign him after this deal. But you're right, we should enjoy him while we have him. This is like the wave of excitement after we got CC, except it should last 2 years instead of 2 months.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 12-19-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Yah, that's what I was getting at. It's hard to envision a scenario where we're able to resign him after this deal. But you're right, we should enjoy him while we have him. This is like the wave of excitement after we got CC, except it should last 2 years instead of 2 months.
Yeah I think we heavily avoid signing pitchers for more than 3 years anyway so this is probably only a year off what we would have offered him if we had to negotiate a deal.

This is going to seriously light a fire under the entire team. Weeks and Fielder are both playing for a contract anyways and guys like Braun and Hart are going to be at it 110%. I like how high the bar is being set for 2011.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 12-19-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, an unidentified team from the NL Central is attempting to make a late run at signing Brandon Webb.
How awesome would it be if this were the Brewers!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
How awesome would it be if this were the Brewers!
Well, I'd bet good money that this news is BECAUSE of the Brewers. But, it ain't the Crew.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, now that the dust has settled, some thoughts:

Still love the Zach Greinke trade. For so many reasons;
-If nothing else, Milwaukee was the center of the baseball world for 48 hours. I love reading the MLB thread where fans of 8 different teams were pissed that their team couldn't put together a package to get the guy we got. We're not a 'headline news' team, so, any time the Crew is the lead story, it's fun.
-It's so weird to be excited about pitching. After a half decade of a potent offense and a AAA rotation, we're a complete team.
-We get to play the 'which pitcher will have more wins, Ks and lowest ERA game.
-Randy Wolf is our #4 pitcher.

Losing the group of prospects hurts, but, if history is any indication, we just would've ****** up the pitchers anyway. And, I liked Lorenzo Cain, but, small price to pay.

Lawrie doesn't even bother me too much. He is, by most accounts, a douche, and by all accounts, Canadian. I hope he does well for Toronto.

So, if the Packer season goes up in flames this week or next, at least we have the draft and Brewer season to look forward to.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote