Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weeks got his extension, now he needs to stay healthy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. I thought Weeks might walk.

I'd say our chances of signing Prince Fielder next year went from zero to very slim today. Yankees and Redsox are out of the running and with Pujols in free agency there is a chance we can get the #2 guy, Prince Fielder. Pujols will probably stay in STL, but without a contract done already that makes me think he's going to get paid less than expected, which puts Fielders price at less than expected. We might entice him with a home town discount and a really good core of players. Maybe we could even, dare I say, win a playoff series to show him what he can accomplish here.

It's still very, very unlikely but there is a chance, I don't care that it is one in a thousand, you're telling me there's a chance!

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Awesome. I thought Weeks might walk.

I'd say our chances of signing Prince Fielder next year went from zero to very slim today. Yankees and Redsox are out of the running and with Pujols in free agency there is a chance we can get the #2 guy, Prince Fielder. Pujols will probably stay in STL, but without a contract done already that makes me think he's going to get paid less than expected, which puts Fielders price at less than expected. We might entice him with a home town discount and a really good core of players. Maybe we could even, dare I say, win a playoff series to show him what he can accomplish here.

It's still very, very unlikely but there is a chance, I don't care that it is one in a thousand, you're telling me there's a chance!
I'd say they went from zero to zero. He's as good as gone and you can never count the Yankees or Red Sox out of bidding. There's going to be plent of suitors for him like the Rangers, Orioles, and Giants.

Signing Weeks takes a sizeable chuck of money away from Fielder which to me pretty much concedes any hope of Fielder returning. In fact I thought when Hart was signed long term that Fielder was 100% gone.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, even though there was already no chance of re-signing Fielder, extending Weeks made it lower-if that's somehow possible.

I'd much rather try to re-sign Grienke than Fielder anyway. There's probably no chance for that either though.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braun didn't like Macha, likes Roenicke though, totally psyched, wants to hit more dingers

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/116577688.html

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. ****. **** fuckity **** **** ****.

well. maybe the brewers saw what happened with the packers and view the injury bug as a good luck charm.

greinke likely will start the year on the 15 day DL.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
****. ****. **** fuckity **** **** ****.

well. maybe the brewers saw what happened with the packers and view the injury bug as a good luck charm.

greinke likely will start the year on the 15 day DL.
What an idiot... maybe this should be copied into the Milwaukee Bucks thread as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like he will only miss a few weeks in April. I would be more concerned about that injury lingering all season. It's on his right side, so he's going to have to keep stretching it.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I'm worried he's going to have trouble getting his stamina up. He might have to spend a few weeks in AAA or have like a 60 pitch limit for a few outings when he's healthy.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'm worried he's going to have trouble getting his stamina up. He might have to spend a few weeks in AAA or have like a 60 pitch limit for a few outings when he's healthy.
He's definetly going to have to start his season in the minors. More than likely it will be single-A Wisconsin though.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braun's rib issues are back again.....

Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Braun's rib issues are back again.....
And now Marcum has said that he's been dealing with shoulder tightness all spring.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Nyjer Morgan is now a Brewer...a better day-to-day option than Gomez

Old 03-27-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nyjer Morgan is now a Brewer...a better day-to-day option than Gomez
He has a crappy arm, had his worst year last year and gets thrown out way too much - 34/51 on stolen bases with 7 pick offs in 2010... but he's still a great option as a 4th outfielder. It would be interesting to see him play in RF instead of Kotsay to start the year to cover a ton of field with Gomez. I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if we platoon Gomez and Morgan since Morgan has extreme splits against LHP/RHP (Gomez not so much).

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan's SB% wasn't that great, but potential dickishness aside, he is a few years removed from a .345 OBP and last year his worst OBP ever....was still .20 better than Gomez's career high, lol.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Opening Day Eve!!!!!

I'm more pumped for baseball season in general than I have been in years. Maybe because it kinda snuck up on me since the Packers season lasted so long :)

I'd be even more excited if Greinke didn't go for that damn rebound. But, whatever. injuries happen. get 'em out of the way early.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

big season ahead of us!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Can't wait for this. That first pitch is going to feel so awesome. Rumor has it the Packers and Aaron Rodgers will throw the first pitch. Other speculation: Hank Aaron, Bob Uecker.

I'm hoping for Rodgers with an apperiance by Woodson, Driver, McCarthy, Matthews and others. I remember seeing Clay and Raji do it shortly after the draft when I went to Miller park one year and that was really exciting for me.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 03-30-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

heck of a start!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
heck of a start!
If only they can hold on and finish!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Nice Axford... Simply nice.... 161 more to go
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

So I was really excited and now I want to kill myself

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

good news is; we likely won't see a loss THAT heartbreaking all year. we literally led from the first batter to the last batter.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

could the start of the season be any more depressing???

Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
could the start of the season be any more depressing???
Same shitt different year. Hopefully they just need an adjustment period with all the changes we had over the offseasn. Disapointing start none the less...