Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That'd relieve anger pretty well. I'd also want to stop by Piniella's office and get into a shouting match about how much the Cub's suck.

When was the last time we were firing on all cylinders? Why can't we get hot? Fielder hasn't hit a HR since the All-Star Break, Hardy hasn't it a HR in five years. Hart's cold, Hall just got back, Estrada's "injured," as is Sheets. If only everybody knew how to hit like Braun.

Hardy = 4 HR's in June and July
Fielder = 3 HR's in July
Hart = 4 HR's in July
Braun = 9 HR's in July = God
Weeks = 0 HR's since April
Hall = 5 HR's in May and June

And when the hell are the cubs going to cool off.

bottom line: if the cubs keep playing at a level EVEN CLOSE to what they're playing now, they will win the division. BUT, there's no way they can keep it up forever. hopefully soon, the cubs will get cold and the brewers will be hot and the division lead will return as quickly as it went away.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
bottom line: if the cubs keep playing at a level EVEN CLOSE to what they're playing now, they will win the division. BUT, there's no way they can keep it up forever. hopefully soon, the cubs will get cold and the brewers will be hot and the division lead will return as quickly as it went away.
Cubs - 21 - 7 since end of June.
Brewers - 14 - 13 since end of June.

Also, I'm just getting it all out there because it seems to make me feel better, it seems that every game we play in, we'll have one big inning, usually the first, where we score 2-4 runs, and then we'll have one, maybe two, innings where we score one run, and that's all the scoring we are capable of pulling off. It get's extremely annoying watching the Brewers play, down by 2 runs, and knowing that they're not going to come back.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 07-26-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the help of Scott Rolen the Cards lead the cubs 1-0 after 4 innings. Go Cardinals!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And when the hell are the cubs going to cool off.
never MUHAHHAHHAHAAH

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-0 Cards after a Duncan Grand Slam! Lead should stay put at 2 games

Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I think it is safe to say that the Cubs are going to lose. It is now 10-1 St. Louis

Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks Cards. now, please roll over and die when you play the Crew this weekend.

i'll be camping. i'm almost glad i won't have access to any electronic devices all weekend. allthough, last time i went camping the Brewers went 6-1 while i was gone.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
thanks Cards. now, please roll over and die when you play the Crew this weekend.

i'll be camping. i'm almost glad i won't have access to any electronic devices all weekend. allthough, last time i went camping the Brewers went 6-1 while i was gone.
leave already :)

Old 07-27-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
leave already :)

FINE! i'll live in the woods, kill my own food and wipe my ass with leaves for the next 2 months to assure a Brewer playoff berth. i expect serious rep for this.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
FINE! i'll live in the woods, kill my own food and wipe my ass with leaves for the next 2 months to assure a Brewer playoff berth. i expect serious rep for this.
negative rep......ok :)

Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kill little bears for food.

Hitman D

Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As long as u don't hit Pujols in the head and piss him off like Marquis did last night, u should be fine.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
As long as u don't hit Pujols in the head and piss him off like Marquis did last night, u should be fine.
I guess Marquis is going to have to hit him a little harder next time.

Hitman D

Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess Marquis is going to have to hit him a little harder next time.
No, Pujols is still pissed, but the rest of the team is worthless. Especially since Mike Maroth is pitching tonight. I mean my god.....22 runs in his last 18 IP, I could do that.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
No, Pujols is still pissed, but the rest of the team is worthless. Especially since Mike Maroth is pitching tonight. I mean my god.....22 runs in his last 18 IP, I could do that.
That sounds nice.

Hitman D

Old 07-27-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
That sounds nice.
And with Vargas starting tonight.....the Crew always scores for him

Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Balfour to be traded. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=27043 I can't say that I'll miss him.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Grant Balfour to be traded. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=27043 I can't say that I'll miss him.
hopefully we can add a young pitcher, but whatever we get is good b/c Balfour wasn't

Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, it's raining hard there.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Damn, it's raining hard there.
it won't be too long b/c the radar only has scattered rain and they weren't forecasting too much

Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
it won't be too long b/c the radar only has scattered rain and they weren't forecasting too much
I hope so, I don't really have anything else to do tonight. Plus I might miss both of tomorrow's games.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I hope so, I don't really have anything else to do tonight. Plus I might miss both of tomorrow's games.
Rain Delay, but atleast we are out to a 3-0 lead early and two out scoring is huge

Old 07-27-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do u guys think we are going to be witnessing another second half slump for the crew? It always seems like we get out to a good start and then die in the 2nd half.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

5-0!!!!! Hopefully we won't have a problem for the rest of the night and get a win on the road

Old 07-28-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
hopefully we can add a young pitcher, but whatever we get is good b/c Balfour wasn't
Seth McClung of the Devil Rays was added. Basically a three year younger Balfour, with a minor league option. Stuff wise, he's pretty comparable to Turnbow. He can touch 98, has a great curve, but really doesn't have a third pitch. Bad control, not very smart, struggles with weight, competed for closer job at beginning of season.

Hitman D