Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Oooooh. Zambrano tomorrow. This should be a great game.

Need I remind you?
I don't know if the Brewers need anymore motavation but Carlos better be ready to hit the showers early tomorrow :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
wow, most nerve wracking game of the year. but taking the series after that heartbreaker on friday is huge. just really shows what' s up with this team. Dave Bush really stepped up and outpitched Oswalt. And, Cordero. clutch.

now, back on the road.
Quite the nailbitter at the end, oh well still got the W, awsome day for bush, too bad for those 3 ER's in the 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

allright, here's where it gets tough. april is a really hard, road heavy month with a lot of divisional games and now we got to chicago and to houston. if we can somehow win 3 of the next 6, i'd be very pleased. i just really hope they win tonight and send that cs'er zambrano out with his tail between his legs. seriously, i'd like nothing more than to put that SOB in his place.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

here is to hoping. i have a good feeling about the brewers in this road trip. i predict we will win 4 of the next 6 games.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
here is to hoping. i have a good feeling about the brewers in this road trip. i predict we will win 4 of the next 6 games.
if that happens, then i predict i will have to change my underwear.

but, i do have a good feeling as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

they look really good right now. so the question one must ask. Cappy or Sheets. Who is the true ace of the staff?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
they look really good right now. so the question one must ask. Cappy or Sheets. Who is the true ace of the staff?
honestly, all 5 have had their moments this year.
Sheets had an amazing opening day and looked strong in his last start.
Capuano has been solid all year except once. but he has problems making it past 5 or 6 innings.
Suppan is a consistent inning eater.
Bush is up and down. he had 3 complete games last year, and came really close yesterday.
Vargas...who knew we were getting such a strikeout guy? 11 in 6 innings. WTF mate.

i really believe the Brewers have the best rotation in baseball right now.

btw, Cordero might as well not even put a uniform on because that dude can't possibly have much of an arm right now after the last 2 games. luckily, the rest of the bullpen will be in good shape. it'd be interesting to see Turnbow get a save opportunity in the 9th if the situation calls for it.

seriously, i could talk Brew Crew all day. the draft is secondary to me right now and that has NEVER been the case in previous years.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Red Sox by far have the best rotation..I love the Brewers with Sheets, Capuano, Suppan, Bush too but you have to admit the Red Sox rotation is flat out amazing
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i agree that the red sox have an amazing rotation. i think the brewers are def. top 5 and they might even be a little under-rated. cause i bet no other team can name most of our starters minus sheets and probably suppan and rarely cappy. we look really good. i cant wait til braun gets called up to play
3b cause he will be good.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

something i thought of regarding Ryan Braun...if the Brewers continue to contend into july, they'll clearly be buyers at the trade deadline. SO, if somebody goes down with an injury and need to be replaced through trade, could Braun or Gallardo be moved to grab a premier player? every year, there is always one or two players that all the contenders want at the deadline. and if the Brewers are true contenders, and had more leverage than anybody else to grab a premier player and help themselves down the stretch, do they do it?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

no cause it is not smart to trade away your future for a chance at a playoff spot.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

also braun and Gallardo are our 2 best prospects. i think if we were to trade a prospect it would be Will Inman. just because he does not have the velocity that most teams love.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
the Red Sox by far have the best rotation..I love the Brewers with Sheets, Capuano, Suppan, Bush too but you have to admit the Red Sox rotation is flat out amazing
How about that Red Sox bullpen???? Not as good as Milwaukee's

Old 04-23-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
also braun and Gallardo are our 2 best prospects. i think if we were to trade a prospect it would be Will Inman. just because he does not have the velocity that most teams love.
Braun and Gallardo are untouchable in trades. If the Brewers were to deal some pitching it may be Zach Jackson or Carlos Villanueva and for hitting prospects Vinny Rotino, who could fit in nice for a team that needs a young utility player

Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i agree with you. inman might get traded. but otherwise i completely agree with you.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

yeah, i'm not saying i would want to see braun or gallardo go. but, i'm also not talking about trading for a middle reliever or utility infielder. i'm talking about a legit all star that'll help A LOT down the stretch. and they obviously don't come cheap. and the damn thing about the baseball trade deadline is, if you area contender, you pretty much have to make trades just to keep up with the other contenders.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Hey, how about the two 19 year olds in West Virginia???? P Zach Braddock, who has pitched 13 scoreless innings and OF Michael Brantley who is batting .326 w/ 12 RBI and 6 SB. Two youngsters getting the job done which is great to see.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

it depends on the all star... i guess
Old 04-23-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hey, how about the two 19 year olds in West Virginia???? P Zach Braddock, who has pitched 13 scoreless innings and OF Michael Brantley who is batting .326 w/ 12 RBI and 6 SB. Two youngsters getting the job done which is great to see.

good find. any word on how Mark Rogers is doing?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i heard his shoulder is doing better. i was wondering how mike jones was doing. he was a high pick awhile back. and was amazing when not hurt. i wonder if they moved him to the bull pen.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
i heard his shoulder is doing better. i was wondering how mike jones was doing. he was a high pick awhile back. and was amazing when not hurt. i wonder if they moved him to the bull pen.
Jones is still only 24 but he is struggling so far and it will take time for him to regain his form from when he was drafted if he ever does get back to his high stature

Old 04-23-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, an 11:1 strikeout to walk ratio for Vargas.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

4 runs is nothing..Zambrano will implode like always. him and his attitude. OH AND YEP JJ Hardy just rocked one out of the yard.. here starts the comeback
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
4 runs is nothing..Zambrano will implode like always. him and his attitude. OH AND YEP JJ Hardy just rocked one out of the yard.. here starts the comeback
Innings 4 tthrough 6 are Zambrano's time to mentaly crumble

Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Into extras we go. And how about that catch by Geoff!