Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, jenkins and hardy have had the gloves workin to save this game. it's the 11th now and it'd be a real shame to lose after fighting back from 4-0. i want this one bad.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yeah, jenkins and hardy have had the gloves workin to save this game. it's the 11th now and it'd be a real shame to lose after fighting back from 4-0. i want this one bad.
Good thing that Villanueva was a former starter, as he looks to go into his 5th inning.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HR Prince!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES PRINCE. now, let's hold on, eh
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

hopefully Turnbow can get his first save.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

YES. YES. YES.
most satisfying win of the year for me. Prince is the man. Villenueva is the man. great win. Carlos Zambrano can lick me where i pee.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had terrific night last night with my two home runs and I would like to say that you know our team is headed in the right direction when you send you 4 and 5 starters out on the mound and face the aces of the Cubs and the Astros and you win both games. Hopefully Suppan and Sheets can put together good starts and the Brewers can bury the Cubs right in the bottom of the division.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Fact: The Brewers are 4-0 in games that Gabe Gross has started.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I had terrific night last night with my two home runs and I would like to say that you know our team is headed in the right direction when you send you 4 and 5 starters out on the mound and face the aces of the Cubs and the Astros and you win both games. Hopefully Suppan and Sheets can put together good starts and the Brewers can bury the Cubs right in the bottom of the division.
this isn't the tut your own horn thread, haha, but seriously, prince is a stud. That was clutch last night. And who ever saw little JJ hardy coming into this leauge being even a decent HR hitter. Man I love that guy.

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Prince-Nice to see you come one here and post right away. Crazy to think you can hit like that and talk on here inbetween innings....reminds me of my old roommate when he enjoyed acting like he was Beckham.

Nice win last night. Sloppy at times, but a win is a win. And a game like that last year, there's no way the Brew come back. Definitely satisfying! Especially against the Cubs.

I must say, there were some weird @$$ decisions made by both managers last night....
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

wow, the next day this win STILL makes me smile. on the road, with our #5 guy going against the cub's ace. really good win.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Also, 8 scoreless innings from the bullpen?!?!?!

who DOES that?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man I am so excited about this team this year. We've always been fighters under Yost, just now we finnaly have the talent and the depth to go places. Kill the cubs!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

man life is good for a brewer fan. things are looking up.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow the guy we face today is 3-0 less than a 1.00 ERA..where did he come from?? I like Supp's chances though, he has been consistent this year. I feel like we should win every game now. It's crazy we are only 19-20 games into the year, but I feel really good about the Brewer's chances of a postseason this year. atleast Im hoping
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

yeah, rich hill is a stud this year. he'll be tough to beat. the good news is, the cubs bullpen is in a lot worse shape than the brewer's pen. seriously, a 12 inning marathon, and the only guy that won't be available tonight is villenueva.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The thing that held up ARod to the cubs was that the cubs would not trade Rich Hill. Thats how highly he is thaught of. But i have faith in my brewers, to give him his first "L" of the year.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
yeah, rich hill is a stud this year. he'll be tough to beat. the good news is, the cubs bullpen is in a lot worse shape than the brewer's pen. seriously, a 12 inning marathon, and the only guy that won't be available tonight is villenueva.
With Hill regardless of whether he was in the minors or majors was to be aggressive early in the count and go after the fastball b/c if you fall behind you're going to have difficulty hitting his nasty curve.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, Vilinueva really came through. The Cubs had to go through there whole bull pen and all we had to use was Carlos. Now theirs will be hurting and ours will be refreshed.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i have a good feeling about tonights game. I think Hall is going to have a big game tonight
my guess
2 hits 1HR and 3rbi's
Old 04-24-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Anderson and Sutton, which one do/did you prefer? I personally miss the excitement every time a Brewer hit a HR, rather then the even keel of Anderson.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Between Anderson and Sutton, which one do/did you prefer? I personally miss the excitement every time a Brewer hit a HR, rather then the even keel of Anderson.
I've missed Sutton from the beginning.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

where did sutton go? cause i dont see alot of brewers games cause i live in KY.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
where did sutton go? cause i dont see alot of brewers games cause i live in KY.
Arizona Diamondbacks

Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i see. so who is doing the commintary now adays?