Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: The Next Von Miller?

A guy who looks to possess von miller potential in the 3-4. After doing a little research yesterday i stumbled across perhaps the draft's biggest super sleeper pass rusher at this point:

Anthony Barr, Linebacker UCLA

6-4 235lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIhQ...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1-X...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7-C4...layer_embedded

Barr has made a successful transition to 3-4 olb this year and has had at least 1 sack in every game (5 straight).

He has looked like a one man wrecking crew and has thus far been a terror off the edge.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kid looks like he has a non-stop motor and some serious potential, but these are highlight tapes, they're meant to make everyone look like a superstar. Show me some full game film of him and then I can judge him fairly

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great potential, but it's too early to compare him to Von Miller, if at all.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen a couple UCLA games this year. Barr looks big and athletic and seems to have a knack for getting to the football. He's only played linebacker since the spring so it'll be scary to see how good he can be when he gets some experience under his belt.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Kid looks like he has a non-stop motor and some serious potential, but these are highlight tapes, they're meant to make everyone look like a superstar. Show me some full game film of him and then I can judge him fairly
I know they're just highlight plays but I'm not going to act like I wasn't impressed. His athleticism really jumps out at you.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming out of HS he was a tremendous athlete, FSU recruited him at the H-Back position played jointly by Lonnie Pryor and Nick O'Leary. IIRC most other schools saw him more of a TE and H-Back as well. Not surprised to see him as a legit NFL prospect right now.

Under the old UCLA staff wasn't be a FB?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Coming out of HS he was a tremendous athlete, FSU recruited him at the H-Back position played jointly by Lonnie Pryor and Nick O'Leary. IIRC most other schools saw him more of a TE and H-Back as well. Not surprised to see him as a legit NFL prospect right now.

Under the old UCLA staff wasn't be a FB?
Yeah, but he wanted to play on offense. Some schools wanted him at LB/DE. Pete Carroll wanted him at LB, and I think ND did too.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Yeah, but he wanted to play on offense. Some schools wanted him at LB/DE. Pete Carroll wanted him at LB, and I think ND did too.
I thought it was TE at Notre Dame. He just seemed like the type of kid who would have found his way to the NFL at a number of positions'
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought it was TE at Notre Dame. He just seemed like the type of kid who would have found his way to the NFL at a number of positions'
Probably was. The kid was dead set on playing on offense. I know USC wasn't the only program that preferred him at D.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have to see a few UCLA games. Those highlights are pretty good, but that's all they are (just highlights and not necessarily indicative of the rest of his film).
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I might have to see a few UCLA games. Those highlights are pretty good, but that's all they are (just highlights and not necessarily indicative of the rest of his film).
Literally anyone can look good on highlights, because well as you said, they are simply the highlights.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Literally anyone can look good on highlights, because well as you said, they are simply the highlights.
Yeah, but guys like this, their highlights can really show a LOT. Pass rushing has a lot to do with seeing how good the burst off the edge is, how his speed is and how his motor is. His handwork is actually great for someone who's just started to play LB. His burst is outstanding, with really good closing speed, and he makes a lot of plays just do to hustle down field, or in the backfield either way. He'll have to add bulk, and continue to develop, as well as blow up the combine (as he seems like he should), he very well could play his way into 1st round contention.

He's one of those guys who's upside is what he's going to be drafted for, and you can evaluate his upside on these videos.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, y'all just piqued my interest. I'll cut a game of him.

Should we create a video requests thread, by the way?

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-05-2012 at 02:27 AM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Welp, y'all just piqued my interest. I'll cut a game of him.

Should we create a video requests thread, by the way?
That would be stupendous.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
Yeah, but guys like this, their highlights can really show a LOT. Pass rushing has a lot to do with seeing how good the burst off the edge is, how his speed is and how his motor is. His handwork is actually great for someone who's just started to play LB. His burst is outstanding, with really good closing speed, and he makes a lot of plays just do to hustle down field, or in the backfield either way. He'll have to add bulk, and continue to develop, as well as blow up the combine (as he seems like he should), he very well could play his way into 1st round contention.

He's one of those guys who's upside is what he's going to be drafted for, and you can evaluate his upside on these videos.

No player can ever be evaluated just on his highlights. They don't show us how many plays he takes off, how he reacts when the ball goes to the other side of the field, or how he is contained when he doesn't make plays. Logic like this is why you generally see the same teams drafting near the top of the draft every single year.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Irvin, standing up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Gholston had a helluva highlight tape from OSU.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jevon Kearse-ish
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Vernon Gholston had a helluva highlight tape from OSU.
But Vernon Gholston looked like a great player regardless, it wasn't like it was just highlights.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Mm, Vernon Gholston had a rep for taking plays off at Ohio State. Definitely not a high motor guy. Played hard when he felt like it.
Gholston had 14 sacks his junior year at OSU, but he should have had 25.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Senior OLB, Datone Jones, is starting to get a lot of love from NFL people too, apparently.

I'll cut the video vs Oregon St tonight.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No player can ever be evaluated just on his highlights. They don't show us how many plays he takes off, how he reacts when the ball goes to the other side of the field, or how he is contained when he doesn't make plays. Logic like this is why you generally see the same teams drafting near the top of the draft every single year.
Uhhhhh.....where did you hear any of that in my post. Did i every say he will only be evaluated off highlights? HELL NO.

I just said his highlight tapes can tell us a lot because he's a very upside dominant player, rather than a finished product right now, and his bigtime upside will be what get him drafted, and those flashes show us what his upside is. You dont see how low his downside is in the videos, which will also go a long way in determining where he gets drafted. Those two together, plus seeing exactly what kind of refinement he needs will completely determine his draft stock IMO.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Here you go.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing him to Von Miller is assinine IMO, just like people comparing Von to Lawrence Taylor.

I'll be honest, I don't see anybody coming along that will match Von's quickness(not just speed, but quickness) off the snap to get by the blocker and to the QB/RB. Then come around and completely power rush his way, pancake the blocker, and get the QB/RB. He has completely surpassed what I thought he was going to be.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SeahawkNMD
Rookie

SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SeahawkNMD wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Bruce Irvin, standing up.
This is exactly what I thought watching that cut up vs Oregon St. He's basically playing the position Irvin is now in Seattle lining up wide and rushing the majority of the time. If he can develop something to go along with the speed rush it will go a long way to improving his draft stock. While he can watch how much success Bruce Irvin has and see if he wants to come in with a limited role early and develop in the NFL if he comes out as a JR.
SeahawkNMD is offline   Reply With Quote