Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joe Webb

So Im just going to throw this out there for discussion..

I know I dont want to be a "prisioner of the moment" type like a lot of casual Vikings fans. But just to ask the question..

Why not Joe Webb as our starting QB of the future?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
rocky94
Rookie

rocky94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I do not think that you are far off in that statement. I read a report that Leslie Frazier said in an interview not to count out Webb for the future QB. He brings such an amazing element to the team. He almost led us to a come for behind victory at the Lions ( I am still pissed about the non-facemask call). He played great in relief this week. I think that they should both get the chance to compete for the job.
rocky94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such small sample sizes, not sure how he would do for 8 consecutive starts, etc... after Daunte's injury, Brad Johnson helped the Vikes go 11-4, but it was a mirage. Gus could have some awesome games here and there.

Guys like Nate Burleson and Michael Bennett showed great promise (I won't count Onterrio).
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it should be opened up for competition, but I can't imagine Joe being more than a back up, but he has shown the potential to be a very good one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh Joe Webb is what he is, a great, dynamic athlete. But he has been very unimpressive as a passer(Aside from against the Redskins).
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that a lot of Webb's success has come from him entering the game as a backup. Teams aren't game-planning for Webb & that is why he is throwing them for a loop when he enters the game late.

Ponder is the guy that this tea has to hang it's ha on for the next few years at least. Webb is a good backup, though.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Joe Webb needs to be part of the offensive gameplan, if Ponder playing a bad game game, plug him in, make teams prepare for him for the future.
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Papa2729
Rookie

Papa2729 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joe Webb could have "Tebowed" the Vikings in to the playoffs if he was given the reins after McNabb.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Papa2729
Rookie

Papa2729 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Check out this Joe Webb video. Webb jumps over 7 blocking dummies while training for the NFL Combine!

http://vikesfan-showyourhorns.blogsp...ic-talent.html
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is way too raw at this point to be considered anything more than a backup.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they give him (Webb) the same opprtunity to show his progress as they will with Ponder. I believe Christian's pocket presence is much better at this point, but man-oh-man Joe can really move. If Ponder struggles in a game, I would hope they'd be quick to yank him for a series or two. That seems to be when Joe is at his best... quick replacement guy!
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumping this thread cause I can.

I would love to see Joe Webb involved in the offense a bit more. doesn't have to be for more than a couple plays a game, but if he lined up at QB with Christian Ponder lined up at WR or vice versa I could see huge play potential. I just think it could be interesting.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Ponder and Webb split in the shotgun not knowing who they are going to.

Just a thought...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They tried him at WR and he sucked at it. I'm fine with just keeping him as our backup QB.

And for the love of god please don't bring back the Blazer package.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They tried him at WR and he sucked at it. I'm fine with just keeping him as our backup QB.

Yup. He apparently sucks at catching the football, and the Blazer package was absolutely horseshit last year. He is such a dynamic athlete that it would be nice to get the ball in his hands every once in a while, just make opposing coaches plan for him instead of just in case Ponder would get hurt, but like yo said, he's probably best off just as the backup QB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yo123 They tried him at WR and he sucked at it. I'm fine with just keeping him as our backup QB.

When was this? I have a hard time believing a great athlete that can run like him cannot play receiver. Either he has the worst hands on earth which I doubt because they are gigantic, or he just needs some time at the position but they are afraid because they have no real backup to Ponder.

Still do not see why they do not play the kid from time to time, QB or WR, but would be nice to see him on the field more regardless of where it is.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
When was this? I have a hard time believing a great athlete that can run like him cannot play receiver. Either he has the worst hands on earth which I doubt because they are gigantic, or he just needs some time at the position but they are afraid because they have no real backup to Ponder.

Still do not see why they do not play the kid from time to time, QB or WR, but would be nice to see him on the field more regardless of where it is.
In training camp a few years ago. Apparently yes he did have the worst hands on earth. It's easy to say just move him to receiver, but he doesn't have WR skills. He has WR athleticism but that's not all you need.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
In training camp a few years ago. Apparently yes he did have the worst hands on earth. It's easy to say just move him to receiver, but he doesn't have WR skills. He has WR athleticism but that's not all you need.
Then move him to corner or safety. He'll know what the QB is thinking.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote