Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I posted this in the discussion thread, we have gotten worked in the run game defensively 3 games in a row now, and Alfred Morris (who admittedly has looked pretty good all year, Larod Stephens-Howling, and Doug Martin are not guys we normally let run wild. While I agree djp K-Will made some things happen pass rush wise I just think he's really dropped off as far as getting a push against he run. And Guion can be a rotational type guy but I just don't think he's the answer at the other DT spot.

And Chris Cook potentially missing time really sucks, I've really started to like him as a player.
I agree entirely. Williams is a solid player, but no where near the best UT in the league that he was just a couple years ago, and Guion can be a good rotational guy, but we need to upgrade the position with 1 guy for sure and another not too far down the road. I think Brinkley's struggles over the past couple weeks has contributed largely to the struggles to stop the run, and that was supposed to be his strength. We all knew he would struggle in pass coverage, but he was supposed to be good against the run and that hasn't been the case the past three weeks.

Cook has been damn good when he's been on the field both this year and last. He has the size to compete with the big, physical WR like Calvin, Fitz, and last night Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams, and has also been very good coming up and tackling the smaller guys and not allowing the big run after the catch. He's looking like he can be a #1 corner in a pass heavy league, and without him we're in big trouble. Winfield has played well, but he's more of a nickel corner at his age and while Robinson has showed flashes, he's not ready yet especially to be covering the other team's #1. Cook missing Seattle wouldn't be a huge loss as they don't have much of a threat at receiver, but against Detroit he'd be a huge loss, and then you've got the bye and then Chicago with Brandon Marshall and Green Bay with Nelson and possibly Jennings.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote