Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State

Have seen FSU three times so far this season and I'm super impressed with this guy. Plays the run better than Werner - can get really low and has long arms and strength to set the edge and get off blocks. Might not be Bruce Irvin off the edge, but can dip and rip.

Carradine and Damontre Moore both rising rapidly up my board.

Am I alone in really liking Carradine?
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I'm a big fan of Carradine's as well. My only concern is that he seems a little bit slow to react to the ball being snapped. I'd probably rank him in the 1-2 range right now.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
No, I'm a big fan of Carradine's as well. My only concern is that he seems a little bit slow to react to the ball being snapped. I'd probably rank him in the 1-2 range right now.
This is my main concern as well. He's consistently the last man to react to the snap which isn't a desirable trait. I think the second round might be his ceiling because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Have seen FSU three times so far this season and I'm super impressed with this guy. Plays the run better than Werner - can get really low and has long arms and strength to set the edge and get off blocks. Might not be Bruce Irvin off the edge, but can dip and rip.

Carradine and Damontre Moore both rising rapidly up my board.

Am I alone in really liking Carradine?
I think this perception is fair without understanding their roles in the defense, but within FSU's scheme Werner is much better against the run from the SDE position than Carradine.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a fan of Carradine last year, kid is a baller and is arguably a better more all around player than his defensive end teammate. Love that size and speed.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he has a torn ACL... This will affect his stock because he could have boosted it with workouts. This probably will have him drop to the third or fourth.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1441189
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timing of it isn't great, day three now I think.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be a second round pick. A DE with 80 tackles and 11 sacks some GM will take a shot thinking you're getting a full round of value.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was named First Team All ACC today along with Bjoern Werner (who should be ACC DPOTY)
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

Just got through the full game and the worst performance I've seen from him. Too high off the snap and then Nixon got into him, so he couldn't then do his usual trick and get low. Did have some positive moments, but overall Werner was better in this one. Clearly the injury is the big story - certainly wish him well on the road to recovery.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance he could play standing up?

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep saying he's the best defensive prospect in this class. Sometimes a beat slow getting off the ball and his pad-level needs work, but the way he uses his length, chains together moves, how strong his hands are, how flexible he is around the edge....he's JPP to me.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Any chance he could play standing up?
I don't see why not. He's a better athlete in space than a guy like Chandler Jones who was cut from a similar cloth. yfs compares him to JPP and I can see that for sure but he actually reminds me quite a bit of Suggs.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is no worse than a 2nd rounder and if the doctors give his recovery a clean bill of health, he could easily go late round 1, as a steal for late drafting teams, they love to take injured prospects who normally they would never have got a shot at.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Carradine. Without his injury he's a top half of round 1 guy.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He probably has the best first name imaginable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't see why not. He's a better athlete in space than a guy like Chandler Jones who was cut from a similar cloth. yfs compares him to JPP and I can see that for sure but he actually reminds me quite a bit of Suggs.
Certainly some intriguing comparisons, albeit likely a tad generous.

If he can play a rush LB role, I wonder if that would help him get a better, more consistent jump. Stands to reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He probably has the best first name imaginable.
Quanterus Smith respectfully disagrees.

I find myself wondering how far both Cornellius and Quanterus will fall. The idea of stealing these guys in the Rd3-4 range and redshirting them really intrigues me.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Certainly some intriguing comparisons, albeit likely a tad generous.

If he can play a rush LB role, I wonder if that would help him get a better, more consistent jump. Stands to reason.

Quanterus Smith respectfully disagrees.

I find myself wondering how far both Cornellius and Quanterus will fall. The idea of stealing these guys in the Rd3-4 range and redshirting them really intrigues me.
Why would he play LB at that size?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Because a decent chunk of succesfull 3-4 pass rushers have similar size?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he was healthy, how would he stack up to the other DE/OLB prospects in this class? I love his production but obviously the ACL is concerning. But if speed wasn't really a part of his game anyway, maybe the risk is lower.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
what about his size?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only concern is his get off. Traditionally guys with a slow get off don't succeed in the NFL.

What's worse is we won't know if he can put up good numbers at the combine bc of his injury.

So that's my concern. Everything else is there. He has the size, length, I like his technique for the most part, he plays well at the college level, good motor. Everything is there. But he's slow out of his stance, and that's a major concern at the next level.

So you're gambling on him. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet bc of that.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My only concern is his get off. Traditionally guys with a slow get off don't succeed in the NFL.

What's worse is we won't know if he can put up good numbers at the combine bc of his injury.

So that's my concern. Everything else is there. He has the size, length, I like his technique for the most part, he plays well at the college level, good motor. Everything is there. But he's slow out of his stance, and that's a major concern at the next level.

So you're gambling on him. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet bc of that.
if giants don't go do DE round 1 and carradine's there round 2, do we take him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if giants don't go do DE round 1 and carradine's there round 2, do we take him?
It's tempting. I don't know yet. I need more information on him.

Bc if his first step is slow and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise, then he's a mediocre pass rusher at the next level and he's not worth a 2nd round pick to me with so many other talented players who will be there.

But if he does show me improvement there, or if I see evidence sometime in the future of a better get off, then it's very tempting. Bc everything else is there.

Especially since we need a LE. I think he translates to LE in the pros.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's tempting. I don't know yet. I need more information on him.

Bc if his first step is slow and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise, then he's a mediocre pass rusher at the next level and he's not worth a 2nd round pick to me with so many other talented players who will be there.

But if he does show me improvement there, or if I see evidence sometime in the future of a better get off, then it's very tempting. Bc everything else is there.

Especially since we need a LE. I think he translates to LE in the pros.
Page trap.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Last edited by y.f.s. : 02-12-2013 at 06:13 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote