Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's tempting. I don't know yet. I need more information on him.

Bc if his first step is slow and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise, then he's a mediocre pass rusher at the next level and he's not worth a 2nd round pick to me with so many other talented players who will be there.

But if he does show me improvement there, or if I see evidence sometime in the future of a better get off, then it's very tempting. Bc everything else is there.

Especially since we need a LE. I think he translates to LE in the pros.
It's not so much that his first step is slow or he has some kind of physical problem with his get-off. He just doesn't always watch the ball. When he does time it up, he can beat Werner off the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HCmR4#t=13 9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HCmR4#t=23 2s

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
His first step isn't slow, he just sometimes reacts slow off the snap. The actual movement is very fast.
This is where i'm at, both with Montgomery and Carradine, but Motgomery is CONSISTENTLY slow off the snap, while Carradine is very inconsistent, about half the time he gets off the ball well.

The one guy Carradine actually reminds me of (who's got a similar play style to suggs) is Aldon Smith (who IMO is a tad overrated because he depends on J Smith so heavily). When Carradine struggles it because he doesn't use his length like he should and lets OT's get into his pads. With Carradine, i see a bigtime power rusher, who's very good with his hands and very good turning the corner. His burst isn't elite, but its good, and he gets to the OT quicker because of his long arms.

I think he can play standing up, as long as he's asked to rush much more than drop and can play some with his hand in the dirt.

Like Smith, i think he really should be eased into the league, let him be a situational rusher his first year or maybe even 2, and go from there.

I really want him on the Chargers' now that i've started watching him more, he would be a great compliment to Ingram and we could get him in the 2nd round.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
It's not so much that his first step is slow or he has some kind of physical problem with his get-off. He just doesn't always watch the ball. When he does time it up, he can beat Werner off the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HCmR4#t=13 9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HCmR4#t=23 2s
I gotta check these clips out when I get a chance. How many years has this dude played DE? Was he moved around? Bc if he's having these same problems for say 3 years that would concern me. Bc sometimes even when things are correctable, if they don't fix it after awhile you wonder if that's just who they are.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if he was totally heathy, he would be a mid first rounder but coming off an injury in this packed draft at DE, I think he will slide considerably to very late round 1 or early round 2. The top teams love drafting these type of sliders who normally they would have no shot at. I look for a top team to take the risk since the reward is certainly there if he returns to health.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Frisco$finest
Rookie

Frisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I dont think he escapes the 2nd round. He also seems to be in on alot of plays that Werner was credited for. I think he has the strength to be successful at the 3-4 DE.

9ers need the depth, I wouldnt be too crazy about taking him at #31, but I doubt he will be there with our 2nd rounder.
Frisco$finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Why would he play LB at that size?
Because he's too small to play 3-4 DE, and also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Because a decent chunk of succesfull 3-4 pass rushers have similar size?

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Because he's too small to play 3-4 DE, and also...
I think the confusion is that it seemed like you were saying he's too small to play 4-3 DE.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco$finest View Post
I dont think he escapes the 2nd round. He also seems to be in on alot of plays that Werner was credited for. I think he has the strength to be successful at the 3-4 DE.

9ers need the depth, I wouldnt be too crazy about taking him at #31, but I doubt he will be there with our 2nd rounder.
There is considerable buzz about him up here in Seattle of late. His tweener size and capabilities make him a strong candidate for Carroll's LEO position.

Schneider has been a guy who routinely will draft guys a half round or more ahead of typical grade. This is another pick that I could see as making Seahawk sense.

If he's a possible early 2nd round prospect, there is nothing in our history from preventing us from taking him in round 1. The DT pickings could be slim by the time 25 rolls around.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote