Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
DraftSwag
Rookie

DraftSwag needs more cowbell.

I feel like Victor Cruz is the epitome of a small receiver will exceptional route running ability. I haven't seen enough of Lee to talk about his strength, but don't forget Cruz is 200 pounds which is pretty heavy for a guy at 6'0.
DraftSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
DraftSwag
Rookie

DraftSwag needs more cowbell.

I think you could say Dez and Lee have similar skill sets, but completely different bodies which is a significant difference.
DraftSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Not a fan of the Cruz comparison. Antonio brown is a good comparison though, smaller WR who runs good routes. He is way too small to be considered to be like Dez.
Lee is listed at 6'1", 195.
Cruz 6', 204
Brown is 5'10", 186.

Closer to Cruz than Brown. And I think Lee can put on weight to be almost the same size as Cruz. Tough to project Lee to be as good of a route runner as Cruz, but the after the catch ability is similar.
rawdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
I don't think people are saying that 6'-6'1 is considered average height for receivers, but that to be considered a top 5 pick at WR, teams are looking for those 6'2+ WR's who, as you put it, are the exceptions.
Size isn't what made them anomolies. Larger WRs can't run very fast (typically). What made those guys so great is that they could run like they were 6'0" with a 6'5" frame.

Randy Moss may have been one of the 10 fastest players to play more than 5 years in the NFL. He was that fast.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Lee is listed at 6'1", 195.
Cruz 6', 204
Brown is 5'10", 186.

Closer to Cruz than Brown. And I think Lee can put on weight to be almost the same size as Cruz. Tough to project Lee to be as good of a route runner as Cruz, but the after the catch ability is similar.
Listed as 6'1 where? I saw 5'11 on multiple sources
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is very similar to what Brandon Lloyd would be with a little more speed. Both have excellent body control and can go up and get the ball for the circus catches but can still have lapses in their concentration.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever mentioned it above, Lee= Victor Cruz.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Listed as 6'1 where? I saw 5'11 on multiple sources
I've never seen him listed as 5'11". He's listed as 6'1" on ESPN. He's 6' even on USC's site, NFLdraftscout, and Scout.com
rawdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to compare Marqise to anybody. I believe he'll set the standard for 6'1"-6'0" receivers at the next level (as long as he's healthy).
Old 11-05-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee = healthy, maybe slightly faster Greg Jennings.
Future Ram.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BrabbitMcRabbit
Rookie

BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Lee = healthy, maybe slightly faster Greg Jennings.
Yep. Much better comparison than some of the ones tossed out here.

He is nothing like Dez.
BrabbitMcRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
Yep. Much better comparison than some of the ones tossed out here.

He is nothing like Dez.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
socentre44
Rookie

socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I've never seen him listed as 5'11". He's listed as 6'1" on ESPN. He's 6' even on USC's site, NFLdraftscout, and Scout.com
1:20 mark

During an interview his freshman year, Lee states he weighs 193 pounds and around 5'11 to 6'0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRgMMYBfbfQ

There's always chance Lee grew a little since his freshman year, but I think 6'0, 200 pounds is probably a fair estimate by the time he's draft eligible. Lee is much more of a wideout than a slot receiver and plays tall.
socentre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford Coach David Shaw just came out and said that Marqise Lee is the best WR prospect he has seen since he scouted Randy Moss.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
Stanford Coach David Shaw just came out and said that Marqise Lee is the best WR prospect he has seen since he scouted Randy Moss.

LOL. That's a great compliment, but it makes me think Coach Shaw hasn't scouted many prep WRs since 1996.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL. That's a great compliment, but it makes me think Coach Shaw hasn't scouted many prep WRs since 1996.
He has been flat dominant these first 2 years. More so than many WR's who have gone in the draft before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He has been flat dominant these first 2 years. More so than many WR's who have gone in the draft before him.
I can't think of a WR prospect I have seen that was this dominant his first two years. That includes Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald. Although Marqise Lee is helped by the other weapons they have on that roster, including Robert Woods, that make it tougher to always double-team him. Plus, he has a first-round caliber QB throwing to him.

Actually, come to think of it, Sammy Watkins has probably been equally impressive his first two years.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams for USC was pretty dominant his first two years... Completely different type of receiver, but he looked just as amazing his freshman and sophomore seasons.

I believe Marqise Lee helps Woods much more than Woods helps him. Lee looks great and should be a top 5 pick even at 6', 195.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO Marquise is going to start playing some defense for USC....
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
SO Marquise is going to start playing some defense for USC....
Hello Heisman?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee came into USC as a top flight safety recruit...it was kind of a shocker he came in and made as much noise as he did at WR. Everyone was expecting that from Farmer.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marqise Lee = Marqise Lee.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

FWIW our own Scott Wright is fond of him.

Quote:
Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown
Below Calvin Johnson but right there w/ AJ Green. RT "@askmetostay323 It's early but where does Marquis Lee fall in all WRs you've ranked?"

Quote:
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentBodyLeft View Post
without the issues but just 2 inches shorter at 6'0.

Lost in the shuffle of USC's loss to Arizona this weekend was perhaps the greatest receiving performance in CFB history.

16 receptions 345 yards 2 TDs.

PROS:
-Run after catch ability is off the charts. Might not be a 4.3 guy, but his football speed and acceleration in the first two steps are what make him special.

-Jumpball and leaping ability is well above average. Made NCAAs in track and field in the long jump.

CONS:
-Can have suspect hands at times. Drops easy passes in between making great catches.

-Height isn't ideal at 6'0 but has a long limbs that can still add more weight to an already compact frame.

In summary, while Robert Woods has received high praise, there's a reason why Lane Kiffin thinks Lee could be the best USC receiver of all time.
Then why in the world would you compare him to Dez??? Dez Bryant's head just isn't screwed on correctly. He has all the talent in the world but will never be a NFL star. He just doesn't work hard at his profession.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I was under the impression Coach Shaw was talking about WRs coming out of HS, not at the college level. Did Shaw coach in the NFL before he joined the Stanford staff under Harbaugh??