Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dee Milliner vs. Morris Claiborne

Was Claiborne a better prospect last year than Milliner is this year?

It's an interesting question. And the more appropriate time to answer it might actually be after the combine so we can see what Milliner's long speed really is.

Here's what I think:

Claiborne:
- Faster
- Better ball skills
- Better playmaker with the ball in his hands
- Slightly better tackler

Milliner:
- Bigger
- Better hips and feet/more fluid
- Better m2m
- Better in zone
- More instinctive

Assuming Milliner runs under a 4.5 (I have a small concern there), he's my pick. Probably the best pure cover CB I've scouted (I remember loving Revis but did not ever label him as the best cover CB I've ever scouted probably because no one threw on him. I had him 13th overall that year though).
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the recent top CB prospects, I would rate them:

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Darrelle Revis
3. Dee Milliner
4. Morris Claiborne

I would say Milliner is healthily above Claiborne. I would say Milliner is better at everything, and he was the only one of the two that flashed on-screen. I'm not really concerned with his long-speed because while it might not be elite, I think it's more than enough. How he uses his hands, his hips, and his technique when the ball is in the air more than make up for whatever other deficiencies he may have.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always worry about Bama corners a little since they have generally never had to backpedal.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne was easily a better prospect; he'd probably go second or third in this class.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Claiborne was easily a better prospect; he'd probably go second or third in this class.
I agree...Claiborne would probably be an option for Kansas City too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Claiborne was the better prospect. But I liked him over Peterson as well.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is only one way Milliner could even come close to Claiborne and that is if he runs a 4.40 at the combine, otherwise it is no contest and I seriously doubt he runs that fast.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he does run a good/great forty, that's not gping to leap frog him over Claiborne as a prospect in my eyes.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne's easily a better prospect than Milliner is. The speed and ball skills are a couple notches better. Everything else is at least on par. No contest, IMO.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne.....didn't even think it over...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Was Claiborne a better prospect last year than Milliner is this year?

It's an interesting question. And the more appropriate time to answer it might actually be after the combine so we can see what Milliner's long speed really is.

Here's what I think:

Claiborne:
- Faster
- Better ball skills
- Better playmaker with the ball in his hands
- Slightly better tackler

Milliner:
- Bigger
- Better hips and feet/more fluid
- Better m2m
- Better in zone
- More instinctive

Assuming Milliner runs under a 4.5 (I have a small concern there), he's my pick. Probably the best pure cover CB I've scouted (I remember loving Revis but did not ever label him as the best cover CB I've ever scouted probably because no one threw on him. I had him 13th overall that year though).
Did you scout Richard Sherman? And how about Leon Hall when it comes to pure coverage skills?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How I'd rank them from 2003-Now as prospects:

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Terence Newman
3. Deangelo Hall
4. Pacman Jones
5. Morris Claiborne
6. Darrelle Revis
7. Marcus Trufant
8. Joe Haden
9. Antrelle Rolle
10. Leon Hall
11. Dee Milliner
12. Antonio Cromartie
13. Dunta Robinson
14. Carlos Rogers
15. Malcolm Jenkins
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Did you scout Richard Sherman? And how about Leon Hall when it comes to pure coverage skills?
Never scouted Sherman for one second. I actually thought Maxwell from Clemson had a chance to stick as a late-round CB Seattle took that year. I didn't even know his story about being a WR first and all that. Just missed it. I try to get a feel for as many guys as I can and if I can't find tape at least read up, but I never got to Sherman.

Leon Hall was a scrappier player. Not nearly as smooth. He wasn't really throw at much because they had dumb ass Morgan Trent on the other side and he had a rep.

Hall was just a very solid player but the Big 10 receivers were overmatched. He was just a better athlete. Smaller guy. Real aggressive as a tackler. He had more speed than just about anyone in the conference. I charted a game against JD Booty and Jarrett and Steve Smith and he gave up some plays. His size can be an issue against the best big WRs. But he's had a very good career and I'm not surprised.

But Milliner's just way more fluid. And a much better zone CB. He's just so instinctive and breaks on the ball and with his reach and size.. he's a nightmare. No QB is going to be able to throw it to the hole in cover two against him.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Terence Newman
3. Deangelo Hall
4. Pacman Jones
5. Morris Claiborne
6. Darrelle Revis
7. Marcus Trufant
8. Joe Haden
9. Antrelle Rolle
10. Leon Hall
11. Dee Milliner
12. Antonio Cromartie
13. Dunta Robinson
14. Carlos Rogers
15. Malcolm Jenkins
this is legit....of course everyone was super high on revis and asomugha if you ask them now, but they were not anywhere near the level that peterson, newman, hall, pacman were regarded those years. as a prospect id argue that haden, rolle, hall all should be above revis (even though haden slightly benefited from a weak CB class)

**** i had janoris jenkins rated higher than most of these guys too talent wise, i thought he was minimum neck and neck with claiborne and definitely above haden (kinda thought hed go to the browns at the pick they took weeden)

i was infatuated with cromartie so id bump him a bit, and i loved me some DRC too

cant really brag though, i loathed the thought of revis as a steeler the year we got timmons...so many revis and carriker rumors just made me so angry....**** me right
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Never scouted Sherman for one second. I actually thought Maxwell from Clemson had a chance to stick as a late-round CB Seattle took that year. I didn't even know his story about being a WR first and all that. Just missed it. I try to get a feel for as many guys as I can and if I can't find tape at least read up, but I never got to Sherman.

Leon Hall was a scrappier player. Not nearly as smooth. He wasn't really throw at much because they had dumb ass Morgan Trent on the other side and he had a rep.

Hall was just a very solid player but the Big 10 receivers were overmatched. He was just a better athlete. Smaller guy. Real aggressive as a tackler. He had more speed than just about anyone in the conference. I charted a game against JD Booty and Jarrett and Steve Smith and he gave up some plays. His size can be an issue against the best big WRs. But he's had a very good career and I'm not surprised.

But Milliner's just way more fluid. And a much better zone CB. He's just so instinctive and breaks on the ball and with his reach and size.. he's a nightmare. No QB is going to be able to throw it to the hole in cover two against him.
Okay. I just thought highly of Hall because his quickness and tenaciousness despite his size. As far as Sherman, I was a lone wolf on him and I wanted the Raiders to draft him SO badly!! No ties to Stanford, just saw him play few times and he stood out. He basically a clone of Al Harris. Even when he is beaten, it's only momentarily.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
this is legit....of course everyone was super high on revis and asomugha if you ask them now, but they were not anywhere near the level that peterson, newman, hall, pacman were regarded those years. as a prospect id argue that haden, rolle, hall all should be above revis (even though haden slightly benefited from a weak CB class)

**** i had janoris jenkins rated higher than most of these guys too talent wise, i thought he was minimum neck and neck with claiborne and definitely above haden (kinda thought hed go to the browns at the pick they took weeden)

i was infatuated with cromartie so id bump him a bit, and i loved me some DRC too

cant really brag though, i loathed the thought of revis as a steeler the year we got timmons...so many revis and carriker rumors just made me so angry....**** me right
For me, Cromartie would be tip five, maybe #1 until I heard him speak. You couldn't built a better freak for the position. Super long arms, runs like the the wind and in inhumanly agile on top of all that.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
For me, Cromartie would be tip five, maybe #1 until I heard him speak. You couldn't built a better freak for the position. Super long arms, runs like the the wind and in inhumanly agile on top of all that.
had he not tore up his knee while at FSU he definitely would have gone much higher.....all of what you said with just unreal ball skills

abount Dee Milliner, i dont know what to make of him....i want to say i like him but i also liked kareem jackson and hes just ok. I didnt think barron was all that and that bamas d made him look much better than he was and the dude is a freakin stud

****!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner is a solid first round prospect t but I question his ability to play man. He's good in zone but he benefited a lot from that bama front 7. Also the lack of nfl wr prospects he faced as well.

Honestly the more film I watch the more I'm loving Trufant over both Rhodes and milliner. But ther is no elite cb in this draft. Honestly I have 2 guys with first round grades both top 15-20 overall value. I just don't see it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Milliner is even the best corner in this year's class. I agree with bucfan, that I'm starting to like Rhodes and Trufant more.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Terence Newman
3. Deangelo Hall
4. Pacman Jones
5. Morris Claiborne
6. Darrelle Revis
7. Marcus Trufant
8. Joe Haden
9. Antrelle Rolle
10. Leon Hall
11. Dee Milliner
12. Antonio Cromartie
13. Dunta Robinson
14. Carlos Rogers
15. Malcolm Jenkins
Good list. Just winging this, I would go this order.

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Antonio Cromartie - fully agree with earlier comments on him
3. Deangelo Hall
4. Darrelle Revis - live in Pittsburgh, was fully aware of his abilities
5. Joe Haden- close to Revis, IMO.
6. Antrell Rolle
7. Morris Claiborne
8. Terrence Newman
9. Pacman Jones
10. Leon Hall
11. Carlos Rogers
12. Rodgers-Cromartie
13. Tye Hill
14. Marcus Trufant
15. Dunta Robinson
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee Milliner seems to me to be more like Prince Amukamara

He isn't going to test out amazingly and isn't the ballhawk.

I actually think there is a shot that he slips like Prince did in the draft
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

After an impressive showing at the combine, I think this discussion could be re-visited.

He obviously has no issues whatsoever with long speed as that's actually a strength.

And his on-field performance re-affirmed what I thought I saw on film and then became unsure of after getting some responses: his fluidity, feet, hips, and natural coverage ability are as good as it gets.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Millner is a better fit for a Cover-2. He's a better CB against the run, but Claiborne's pure cover skills man-to-man are superior.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt his ability to cover was more about technique and instincts than raw speed. His combine performance combined with those traits make him an elite corner.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Millner is a better fit for a Cover-2. He's a better CB against the run, but Claiborne's pure cover skills man-to-man are superior.
Claiborne was a terrific man corner but if you watch Milliner's tape you'll see a guy who doesn't get beat. He's given up catches while draped over receivers, but he can work on his ball skills. I also like that he's longer and bigger than Claiborne. In the NFL separation can be simply body positioning and catch radius. Milliner's size will come in handy there.