Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Book it! Dallas is going to the playoffs!!!!

Just sparking a little fun here... But I think Dallas can win 10 games this year... maybe even all their games the rest of the year! The biggest hurdle is this weekend. If they can win it, that could be THE momentum booster they've been looking for. The Cowboys have lost some heartbreakers, but you can still see the fire in their eyes. They haven't given up.

@ Philadelphia (3-5)
vs Cleveland (2-7)

vs Washington (3-6)
vs Philadelphia (3-5)
@ Cincinnati (3-5)
vs Pittsburgh (5-3)
vs New Orleans (3-5)
@ Washington (3-6)

Breakdown:

@ Philadelphia (3-5)
Philly is coming off a short week of practice and a loss on MNF. The OL looked atrocious and considering the pressure we put on Matt Ryan on Sunday night, I think Vick should be worried that this could be his last game of the season if his OL lets him get rocked. We already know how Rob Ryan has a personal agenda with the Eagles and this is his first shot at them this year.
FINAL: 38-23 WIN

vs Cleveland (2-7)
What a nice way to come back home from a win in Philly to play the lowly Browns. This game could be Dallas' first blow out of the season as they reach .500 on the season. The Browns simply don't have the talent and experience to match up to our hungry veteran squad.

Final: 23-20 OT WIN

vs Washington (3-6)
Shanny has already mailed it in this season, but he will make sure his team is amped up to play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. RG3 could really put on a show in his hometown state, so I think this is a dangerous match up... but the luster from his early season success has worn off as the Skins have lost 3 straight and the latest one to the Carolina Cupcakes. I think Dallas gets a win on this day of Thanks giving
Final: 38-28

vs Philadelphia (3-5)
It's December and we all know what that means? Dallas sucks in the December cold weather. But this December, we play Philly in the warm comforts of our own home. That cold weather advantage that Philly has had in year's past will not be as strong a factor. They could be a team reelin' at this point too. Washington has a Bye Week to prepare for them in Week 11. If they lose to the Redskins and/or Carolina before this game, their minds could be mud.

Final: 38-30 WIN

@ Cincinnati (3-5)
Cincy is courageous. I give them that. They fight hard. They have the benefit of playing at home and this will be a cold one. But the Bengals are a very beatable team. They have one means of attack and that is AJ Green. Dallas can attack them many different ways... plus, we get to target Terence Newman all day. Close game, but I say Dallas wins by 4 points.

Final: 23-20 WIN

vs Pittsburgh (5-3)
The only team with a winning record left on our schedule. This ain't a great Pittsburgh team. They're very good, but not great. This is the game I could see us losing, but I think we have the secondary that can frustrate Big Ben and being at home makes the Steelers more beatable as they are more tough to beat at home. Especially in December. The fact that this game is at home gives me slight hope for a win.

Final: 30-27 OT WIN

vs New Orleans (3-5)
The Saints have shown some signs of life as of late, but they still have more defensive issues than Dallas does. If Dallas has a healthy DeMarco Murray, they could gash the league's worst run defense. The Saints also have the 4th worst pass defense while Dallas is a Top 5 pass defense every week.

@ Washington (3-6)
Dallas will be fighting to get to the playoffs and Redskins won't be. Motivation factor alone will be enough to get the best out of the Cowboys while the Redskins will already have one eye towards the offseason. That said, I still expect a fight in this big rival game.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just sparking a little fun here... But I think Dallas can win 10 games this year... maybe even all their games the rest of the year! The biggest hurdle is this weekend. If they can win it, that could be THE momentum booster they've been looking for. The Cowboys have lost some heartbreakers, but you can still see the fire in their eyes. They haven't given up.
You are an emotional rollercoaster my friend! :) I wouldn't be shocked by a run and making the playoffs. I wouldn't be shocked at the team falling apart and ending 6-10. I also wouldn't be shocked if the team runs the table only to lose the last few games to just miss the playoffs.

In short. This team has immense potential for both incredibly good (2 minute offense and defense overall) and for incredibly bad (turnovers, penalties, lack of consistent running game).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the way you think sir.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 for 1.

Let's go for 2 for 2 this week and SMASH the Browns!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Dallas can win 10 games this year... maybe even all their games the rest of the year!

Sorry, Tony Romo is still on that team, and there's a solid chance that he leads the 'boys to another 0-for-December. Or at least, close enough to it to make Jerry Jones fire the GM...... oh, wait.

DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Big Ben just went down and that makes this prediction even BETTER!!!

Undefeated the rest of the way baby!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

That was one heck of an ugly win and a far cry from my blow out prediction, but a WIN IS A WIN! We're back at .500 coming off the first back to back win of the season!

Watch out here we come! TURKEY DAY IS OURS!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This wasn't the loss I was expecting, but we should still win out the rest of our games. ;)

#BookIt!CowboysInThePlayoffs2012
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never trust any prediction about the Cowboys followed by an exclamation point. Death wish lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins are gonna go 5-1 in the division.
You've just been served.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Since Nov 6th, the Cowboys have gone 4-1. You might not feel good about how they are getting the job done, but to have done it says something.

With 3 games to go, the Cowboys are still in position to beat these teams and get to the playoffs!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Too many close wins and blowout losses. Too much mediocrity.

I don't see it. I think New York wins out, or loses only once more, and claims the division.

Then the Cowboys would be competing with (likely) the Bears and the #2 team in the NFC West (49ers or Seahawks) for a Wildcard spot. These teams will all have better records than the Cowboys at the end of the season.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hilarious part of that is if Dallas wins out they only need NYG to lose once. I only buy one NFC East team making the playoffs and it'll be the team that wins out.

NYG remaining: @ATL, @BAL, Philly

DAL remaining: Pitt, NO, @WAS

WAS remaining: @CLE, @Philly, DAL

NYG has to win out to guarantee the division.
DAL has to win out and have NYG lose any one of it's remaining games.
WAS has to win out and have NYG lose any one of it's remaining games.

Pivotal week 17 matchup with Dallas@Washington.

In order for an NFC East team to take the WC they would need to win out (or in NYG's case lose no more than one) and have Seattle or Chicago lose 2.

Most insane scenario would be:

NYG wins out or loses only one game.
DAL/WAS wins out.
WAS/DAL only loses one game.
Seattle loses two games. (Buffalo, Niners, STL)
Chicago loses two games. (GB, Arizona, Detroit)

In that scenario both Wildcard's would be from the NFC East.

I'm surprised with Dallas I expected the team to completely fold after all the injuries they have had. When you field a capable defense starting players like Ernie Sims and Danny McCray in key positions you are working voodoo.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just fyi, Dallas doesn't have to win out. It's the easiest way, but both Chicago and NYG could lose 2 more games and Seattle could lose 1 more. There could be 3 teams in the NFC playoffs with 7 losses, hard to tell how it will shake out.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This PIT game is SOOOO Huge.... If we win that could be the momentum booster we need to win out the season. This is not a game we should expect to win. It's not the game I expected to win when I first wrote this thread. I keep telling my head that PIT is too disciplined, too strong, too clutch. But my heart says Dallas always has a chance because they tend to play to the level of their competition.

Washington has the easiest path to the playoffs. NY has the hardest, but they are the healthiest. Dallas has the ability to control their destiny, but injuries are making the odds tough to beat.

But heck, I don't think many people thought we'd be 4-1 today after I originally made this thread.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Dallas doesn't control their own destiny. Winning out doesn't guarantee them a spot we'd need either NYG to lose one or Chicago or Seattle to lose 2 games since we lose out on tiebreakers to both.

Dallas cannot win a wildcard berth without finishing with a better record.

Dallas wins ALL ties for the division if they beat the 'Skins week 17.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seattle replacement ref game against GB is going to hurt us all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Dallas doesn't control their own destiny. Winning out doesn't guarantee them a spot we'd need either NYG to lose one or Chicago or Seattle to lose 2 games since we lose out on tiebreakers to both.

Dallas cannot win a wildcard berth without finishing with a better record.

Dallas wins ALL ties for the division if they beat the 'Skins week 17.
I can't remember the last time a team was 10-6 and didn't get to the playoffs.

If we win out, we'll be there.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The strength of Seattle is their secondary. With Browner and Sherman out, they will be in trouble.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Yea, I can't believe how impactful that game is going to be smh. But, naive or not I lost hope once Dez got injured. Considering how stagnant our offense had been we needed him to continue to play the way he was to have any shot. With a healthy Demarco, Dez, & Romo I trust the offense to at least keep up with the mistakes the D makes, if those 3 aren't all healthy I don't think we can keep up with either of these next 3 teams.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, I can't believe how impactful that game is going to be smh. But, naive or not I lost hope once Dez got injured. Considering how stagnant our offense had been we needed him to continue to play the way he was to have any shot. With a healthy Demarco, Dez, & Romo I trust the offense to at least keep up with the mistakes the D makes, if those 3 aren't all healthy I don't think we can keep up with either of these next 3 teams.
It sort of took the wind of hope out of our sails but we'll see. I still have faith. All I really hope for is the playoffs. I don't think we'd do jack **** if we got there.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't remember the last time a team was 10-6 and didn't get to the playoffs.

If we win out, we'll be there.
The Giants went 10-6 two years ago and didn't get in. The year before that the Pats went 11-5 and didn't get in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
The strength of Seattle is their secondary. With Browner and Sherman out, they will be in trouble.
Sherman is playing because he's appealing. Browner has started the suspension but they're trying to get away with not having both of them at the same time. Circumventing the system Seattle is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sherman is playing because he's appealing. Browner has started the suspension but they're trying to get away with not having both of them at the same time. Circumventing the system Seattle is.
Yep. Although can't fault them every team abuses it.