Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 9: Packers vs Cardinals

Jordy Nelson is active and is suppose to start the game. While I love seeing Jordy I hope we aren't doing anything dumb. especially with the bye coming up not worth the risk he better be 100%

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I worry about Jordy being active

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice O... **** you crosby u ******* suck!!!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Nice O... **** you crosby u ******* suck!!!
Collective fail by the offense on the first drive...start on the 20 and it was hurt immediately by the sack

Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Greeeeeeeeeen!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Cobb continues to be studly

Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Cobb continues to be studly
Indeed and thank god, can't bare much more Crosby.

Hope Jordy is ok... its his ankle now. He had ice and just put his shoe back on so hopefully he will be ok.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

James Jones earning his dough

Old 11-04-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I remember when some Packer fans wanted JJ gone when he struggled. Some also didn't want to resign him. Glad I was neither of those. He has been an absolute beast this year. One of our most consistent players as well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sure you were predicting he was going to suddenly break out in his 6th year.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, Clay limps off the field now.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Green finds the mid section of a 350-pound guy there on 3rd & 1, so we go 3 & out punt following the Fitz TD that makes it a 10-point game.

Reminds me of the Indy game in which we blew the 21-3 lead.... much of it was on the offense
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Mike Daniels is having a nice game

Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big, big play there at the end of the 3rd. Needed an explosive play like that

this team just lets teams hang around every damn week. Cards D has really been good in the redzone vs GB, which has helped keep it close
Old 11-04-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
im sure you were predicting he was going to suddenly break out in his 6th year.
I always liked him...Yes he dropped balls but he made some great catches. He has always been pretty durable as well and this team needs that. I didn't want him gone because he dropped balls I could live with them because he usually made up for it with a great/big catch. I always hoped he would snap out of it and I'm glad he has so far... let's hope he keeps it up, hes been huge without jennings

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to express how happy I am that Randall Cobb is on my fantasy team. That is all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

6-3 not bad for how the season started. I hate bye weeks but this team needs it badly.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I always liked him...Yes he dropped balls but he made some great catches. He has always been pretty durable as well and this team needs that. I didn't want him gone because he dropped balls I could live with them because he usually made up for it with a great/big catch. I always hoped he would snap out of it and I'm glad he has so far... let's hope he keeps it up, hes been huge without jennings
This. Some fans need to learn how to differentiate between "he's not elite" and "he's somebody who could be replaced by a street free agent." It was always silly, if not stupid, to think that Jones should be let go because we had a bunch of undrafted free agents waiting in the wings.

On a completely unrelated note, I finally found this on youtube:

I remember watching this exact video on Pay Per View when I was just a kid. Back in the day, Sterling was off the chain.

Last edited by WCH : 11-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about James Jones and the fans bitching about his drops: He got open so often... he still was our 2nd leading receiver in that Super Bowl win, and he scored a TD in both the Philly and Atlanta games... big TDs.

For him to have dropped that many big plays, yet still make that many big plays, that tells you he's A) open a lot and B) available, meaning not hurt always.

Also, he's a standup dude, a great guy.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I was always one who was defending Jones. His drops maddened me but the fact was he was BEATING DB's and getting open. You don't just get rid of players who can do that. He definitely had the skills, and it was actually weird that he struggled with drops considering when coming out of college he was heralded for having good hands. Sometimes it just takes certain players a bit longer to get it going

Jordy didn't really round into form until the tail end of his 3rd season. It was really from the playoffs on where he finally took his game to the next level

Also, hope like hell that McCarthy's monday presser doesn't reveal another serious freakin injury. Bulaga/Jordy/Clay. These better not be ones where they miss multiple weeks, especially Clay. The pass rush just completely falls off a cliff without him out there. From the sounds of it, Jordy likely suffered a regular ankle sprain(you hope) he was on the sideline and put his cleat back on and watched the game. Clay seems to have hurt/pulled the same hammy that has given him fits over his career, and I just hope it's a similar situation to Jordy where a week off will be all he needs

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Bulaga has a hip pointer... or atleast that's what its currently being called. Lang filled in nicely at RT with EDS.. but obviously we need Bulaga

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

McCarthy's presser notes

-Early diagnosis on Clay's hamstring is that he'll be out a "Couple of weeks". They'll know more next week. Clay said he doesn't think the injury is as bad as in the past when he's dealt with the hamstring woes

- Waiting for more info on Bulaga's injury. Waiting on another opinion. There is concern about severity

- Jordy had a regular ankle sprain and he'll be alright

- He is hopeful that Kuhn will be ready to return for the game against Detroit

- Nick Perry is currently in the process on getting a 2nd opinion on his knee injury. They'll know more in 48 hours.

Don't like the sound of things regarding Bulaga/Perry. MM was very vague about Bulaga. I hope this isn't some serious injury, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was since McCarthy expressed concern over it.

The Perry news doesn't sound good at all. He has already missed 3 straight weeks and is now getting a 2nd opinion? That doesn't bode well at all. Reminds me of the Mike Neal situation last year. Remember when he sprained his knee in training camp and was only supposed to miss "4 weeks"? 4 weeks go by and then suddenly he needs surgery to clean things up and ends up missing an additional 8-10 weeks after that. With Clay now hurt, Packers are very thin at OLB right now. Not good

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I thought all along, since last year when it happened, that Sherrod would not play at all this season, and might never be good again.

I now have the same concern over Bulaga because something's bad there..... I heard what Aikman said about how it looked like the one that ended Bo Jackson's career.

This team has had the worst, most BS luck with injuries ending careers in or before their prime, with Nick Collins last year. I'm tired of all our injuries.

Nick Perry.... they say Favre had the same injury and only missed a bye week. Who knows. Without Clay for a game (at Detroit) or two (at NY Giants), our next 5 ar NFC games and 4 are divisional, it would be nice to have Perry healthy with Walden, Moses, and Zombo now back.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well, guess Perry was getting a 2nd opinion on his WRIST, NOT his knee. McCarthy never specified that the 2nd opinion was for his knee, but the writers just assumed that it was for that since he has missed the last 3 weeks with a knee injury

Not sure if that's good news or not. I mean, I guess it means his knee is ok, but wtf is wrong with his wrist now
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

guess it was bad news

Perry is heading to IR(not confirmed but likely) as he had surgery on his troubled wrist today. Yeah, they need Clay to get 100% soon. 2 straight years the Packers 1st round pick ends up going on IR. Clay missing key games is frightening because they have nothing at OLB beyond him

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.