Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's the worst NFL punt I've ever seen lmaoooo
Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Smith out for the game ?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^yes, concussion
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. Gotta give the Rams props for that
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

At this point, idk even care about winning the game. I mean I do but Im more concerned about Alex's availability against the Bears. We CAN NOT have CK make his first career start against that defense. Hopefully Alex makes a speedy recovery.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
At this point, idk even care about winning the game. I mean I do but Im more concerned about Alex's availability against the Bears. We CAN NOT have CK make his first career start against that defense. Hopefully Alex makes a speedy recovery.
I agree with this. I really don't want to lose to the Rams but I would rather lose and have Alex healthy for next week than win and him still be injured
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you guys about injury. See what Cap has in our offense and sit Smith until next week. Maybe cap can win the job next year boot out Smith .
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

CK seems oblivious to pressure....that's both very good and very bad. This guy scares the **** out of me when he's in the pocket.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Finally a turn over !!!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
CK seems oblivious to pressure....that's both very good and very bad. This guy scares the **** out of me when he's in the pocket.
It what way is that good?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

YES!!! turnover!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
It what way is that good?
He threw two darts with guys draped all over him....that's very good.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

MOAR GORE!!!! **** yea....
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

You gotta be ******* kidding me Roman with that 3rd and 7 call in OT. Play-action? Who are you fooling? Give the kid a chance man, horrible call. That being said, Akers missed...we had the game. CK did enough to pull out the win. A tie? SMFH....get well Alex.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We played like crap and deserved to lose. We got lucky with the Rams making mistake after mistake (delay of game on FG, illegal formation on 80 yard pass).

Kaep looked awful in the beginning but he had 183 yards and a TD. Also put us in position to win the game in OT. But our playcalling when we had 1st down inside the 25 was horrendous. Run up the middle, pitch, run up the middle...we lost yardage and Akers missed the kick. I'm literally sick that we didn't even attempt to pass/have a Kaep run (which was a very well working play today).

We better clean up our issues before we play the Bears. And there's no QB controversy with us, although i feel slightly better if CK has to start.

And i assume the tie is better for us than a loss when it comes to divisional/playoff standing (the Seahawks won and are going to make it a fight).
Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I was really surprised Fangio refused to take Rodgers off of Amendola. Carlos has proven he really struggles with small quick slot receivers. Brown or Culliver would have have been a much better matchup.

Hard not to be happy with Kap he had a nice game after he settled down. Give the team a chance to win which is all you can really ask for from your backup QB. I think The Niners win this game if Alex doesn't get knocked out he was carving them up before he left.

The Tie sucks but it could be worse. Alex really needs to be healthy for the Bears game. The Bears defense is a bad matchup for the offense, and they will need everybody at their best.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few notes -

1) I HATE ties. The NFL needs to eliminate the possibility of games ending in a tie. Granted, its rare but after almost four hours and a week of preparation, training, gameplanning, etc., its not fair to either team for the game to end in a tie. Yeah, the tie is better than a loss but (get ready guys), I rather LOSE than have a TIE. I hate TIES with a passion. Its nothing more than a total and complete waste of time period. NFL needs to eliminate the time in OT and ties.

2) Harbaugh is a ******* ***** (cat)!!! Stop with this lame crap. In OT, give Kaepernick a chance to win the damn game instead of just assuming that Akers wont miss. Sorry but I knew he was missing the FG because I have seen it done is plenty of games time and time again. You play like a chicken **** and guess what, you lose. Well, in this case, you tie but majority of the time, you lose.

3) I actually hope Smith is OUT for a while because Kapernick is the future anyway. He played bad in the first half but he played better in the second half. He has the arm strength and accuracy. All will argue about the accuracy but him missing Davis and not seeing Williams has nothing to do with accuracy. That has to do with being scared of making a mistake. Being scared of making a mistake is the worst thing you can be because thats when you will make mistakes. Just play. Whatever happens, happens but just play the damn game. Kaepernick just needs more time under center but with his dual threat ability, he CAN be our franchise QB and quite honestly, if we're down by ten points or more, I have more confidence in Kaepernick being able to bring us back because of his arm. With Smith, not going to happen.

4) Defense is overrated. And Rogers sucks. He doesnt have the speed to keep up with a young small fast receiver yet, im the only one in the world who must realize that because despite getting beat, he continued to be covering a receiver that he shouldnt have been covering to begin with. We need to blitz more and get more pressure on opposing QB's. Smith, McDonald, Smith and Brooks arent getting it done on a consistent basis. Need to send more pressure so the QB has to be forced to get rid of the ball faster. Also, this should hopefully create more turnovers. Seriously, our defense gets outplayed by Bradford and Amendola with no turnovers??? You've got to be kidding me.

5) Be more aggressive on offense with the passing game. Throw down the field here and there with the hopes of keeping the defense honest. Also, all these receivers and on plays when Kaepernick is getting pressured, am I the only one who's thinking short inside slant? Those work. I've seen them so many damn times. Come on. Harbaugh may have changed the culture and whatnot but at times, he's the same chicken **** that Singletary and Nolan were.

Want to WIN the ******* game??? Well, go out and TAKE the ******* WIN!!! Nothing is guaranteed (just like the Akers FG winning kick that didnt happen). Not try to win or hope to win or get the win. NO. TAKE the ******* WIN!!! Instead of running Gore before the missed FG, go get more yards and get the TD for the win. Such pansy ass crap. I'm so ******* sick and tired of it. Its the same crap but with a different HC. Teams that win are the teams that are aggressive, have a passing attack and score TD's. Not pansy ass lets just setup for the FG despite it only being a first down plays. UGH.

I'm so pissed and not even into watching the 49ers at this point. UGH.

(let the bashing begin)
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We played like crap and deserved to lose. We got lucky with the Rams making mistake after mistake (delay of game on FG, illegal formation on 80 yard pass).

Kaep looked awful in the beginning but he had 183 yards and a TD. Also put us in position to win the game in OT. But our playcalling when we had 1st down inside the 25 was horrendous. Run up the middle, pitch, run up the middle...we lost yardage and Akers missed the kick. I'm literally sick that we didn't even attempt to pass/have a Kaep run (which was a very well working play today).

We better clean up our issues before we play the Bears. And there's no QB controversy with us, although i feel slightly better if CK has to start.

And i assume the tie is better for us than a loss when it comes to divisional/playoff standing (the Seahawks won and are going to make it a fight).
I had no problem with the play-calling on that drive. How many near fumble did CK almost have in the pocket today? We have(well we had) one of the best FG kickers in the game, with a kick he normally makes in his sleep. Offense did everything needed to win. Akers didn't. That's the bottom line.

Defense, Akers, and ST cost us a potential win. Defense let Sam freaking Bradford almost pull a Elway on them. I know I gave them a vote of confidence in the discussion thread but Cowboy and Ray-Mac are damn near a non-factor at rushing the passer up to this point, outside of stunts. The pass-rush has been strictly the OLBs. And they're not plugging gaps with frequency, against the run, like they were last year. No way that O-Line should have gouged us like that in the run game. Stats say otherwise, but my eyes tell me that the front seven(and maybe Rogers)has lost a step from last year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-11-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just a few notes -

1) I HATE ties. The NFL needs to eliminate the possibility of games ending in a tie. Granted, its rare but after almost four hours and a week of preparation, training, gameplanning, etc., its not fair to either team for the game to end in a tie. Yeah, the tie is better than a loss but (get ready guys), I rather LOSE than have a TIE. I hate TIES with a passion. Its nothing more than a total and complete waste of time period. NFL needs to eliminate the time in OT and ties.

2) Harbaugh is a ******* ***** (cat)!!! Stop with this lame crap. In OT, give Kaepernick a chance to win the damn game instead of just assuming that Akers wont miss. Sorry but I knew he was missing the FG because I have seen it done is plenty of games time and time again. You play like a chicken **** and guess what, you lose. Well, in this case, you tie but majority of the time, you lose.

3) I actually hope Smith is OUT for a while because Kapernick is the future anyway. He played bad in the first half but he played better in the second half. He has the arm strength and accuracy. All will argue about the accuracy but him missing Davis and not seeing Williams has nothing to do with accuracy. That has to do with being scared of making a mistake. Being scared of making a mistake is the worst thing you can be because thats when you will make mistakes. Just play. Whatever happens, happens but just play the damn game. Kaepernick just needs more time under center but with his dual threat ability, he CAN be our franchise QB and quite honestly, if we're down by ten points or more, I have more confidence in Kaepernick being able to bring us back because of his arm. With Smith, not going to happen.

4) Defense is overrated. And Rogers sucks. He doesnt have the speed to keep up with a young small fast receiver yet, im the only one in the world who must realize that because despite getting beat, he continued to be covering a receiver that he shouldnt have been covering to begin with. We need to blitz more and get more pressure on opposing QB's. Smith, McDonald, Smith and Brooks arent getting it done on a consistent basis. Need to send more pressure so the QB has to be forced to get rid of the ball faster. Also, this should hopefully create more turnovers. Seriously, our defense gets outplayed by Bradford and Amendola with no turnovers??? You've got to be kidding me.

5) Be more aggressive on offense with the passing game. Throw down the field here and there with the hopes of keeping the defense honest. Also, all these receivers and on plays when Kaepernick is getting pressured, am I the only one who's thinking short inside slant? Those work. I've seen them so many damn times. Come on. Harbaugh may have changed the culture and whatnot but at times, he's the same chicken **** that Singletary and Nolan were.

Want to WIN the ******* game??? Well, go out and TAKE the ******* WIN!!! Nothing is guaranteed (just like the Akers FG winning kick that didnt happen). Not try to win or hope to win or get the win. NO. TAKE the ******* WIN!!! Instead of running Gore before the missed FG, go get more yards and get the TD for the win. Such pansy ass crap. I'm so ******* sick and tired of it. Its the same crap but with a different HC. Teams that win are the teams that are aggressive, have a passing attack and score TD's. Not pansy ass lets just setup for the FG despite it only being a first down plays. UGH.

I'm so pissed and not even into watching the 49ers at this point. UGH.

(let the bashing begin)
You deserve to get bashed for that God-awful reasoning. CK is not ready. I understand he settled down, but he played ok, not great. He had just as many negatives as positive. He locks on to his main read and if it isnt there, he drops his eyes and takes off. That wont cut in the NFL and certainty won't cut it for a team with SB aspirations. He did just enough today, but once tape of him gets around, he will be eaten alive by opposing DC's. You can quote me on that.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You deserve to get bashed for that God-awful reasoning. CK is not ready. I understand he settled down, but he played ok, not great. He had just as many negatives as positive. He locks on to his main read and if it isnt there, he drops his eyes and takes off. That wont cut in the NFL and certainty won't cut it for a team with SB aspirations. He did just enough today, but once tape of him gets around, he will be eaten alive by opposing DC's. You can quote me on that.
Exactly if Kap was ready he would be in there.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Would like to blame this on the defense, who did play really poorly, and the special teams but the special teams did get us the ball at the 20 and without that I doubt we even force OT. I don't think we learned anything new about Kaepernick. He showed that he has a strong arm and that he can run, which we already knew.

Kaep definitely didn't hesitate to pull the trigger in a few situations that Alex might have but there were also a few more when he held the ball even longer than Alex. Is it possible that are receivers just aren't getting even slightly open that often?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched the entire game yet, as I was looking at houses today in the southbay. I thought this would be an easy win and the Rams would get stomped. I kept up by bar hopping and looking at my phone, which was a major drag that I hope never happens again since that game was so long. But from what I saw it just looked like the defense let the Rams do whatever the hell they wanted. If Alex doesn't get hurt, I bet the 49ers find a way to win that game. From the clips I did see, Kaepernick looked bad. Apparently he settled down later, and I'll have to see, but whoever was for starting Kaepernick was out of their minds. It's clear he obviously doesn't have the experience yet to take the next step. No way. He'll get killed against the Bears if he is forced into action. I hope Smith is ready next week.

As for the tie, it bothers me, but at least it's better than a loss. This is going to put more pressure on coming out on top against Chicago now at home. I just don't know the defense plays so flat sometimes. Really different compared to last season. Maybe the bye and the extra time off resulted in some rust. That and or the Rams just had a really good gameplan.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you, dan's post was freaking ********.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry but in a sport thats hard hitting and a lot of impact, the possibility of ties shouldnt exist and need to be eliminated. I would rather lose than tie because at least the game had a winner and a loser. A tie is just a waste of time period. No point in even playing if the game ends in a tie. But hey, thats just me.

As for Kaepernick, the only way he'll get better is with experience and the only way he'll get that is by playing. Not by sitting on the bench or coming in for a play here and there.

SB aspirations? More like SB fantasies. Team isnt good enough to get to the Super Bowl let alone win it. And the defense is nowhere near what it was a year ago. Stats and our 6-2-1 (UGH) record are definitely deceiving. We'll see what happens next Monday night against the Bears.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Sorry but in a sport thats hard hitting and a lot of impact, the possibility of ties shouldnt exist and need to be eliminated. I would rather lose than tie because at least the game had a winner and a loser. A tie is just a waste of time period. No point in even playing if the game ends in a tie. But hey, thats just me.

As for Kaepernick, the only way he'll get better is with experience and the only way he'll get that is by playing. Not by sitting on the bench or coming in for a play here and there.

SB aspirations? More like SB fantasies. Team isnt good enough to get to the Super Bowl let alone win it. And the defense is nowhere near what it was a year ago. Stats and our 6-2-1 (UGH) record are definitely deceiving. We'll see what happens next Monday night against the Bears.
Typical Dan loves the Niners only if they win. If there is a loss or a tie the sky is falling and the team is doomed. Get real.
Closed Thread