Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think this kid works well in today's NFL. You need sideline to sideline speed and he has it.
But how will he do week after week against nfl oline man and rbs? Guy was run over. I'll say this: he did better than Teo against bama.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this kid works well in today's NFL. You need sideline to sideline speed and he has it.
Exactly what the Patriots defense needs. Move Hightower to their hybrid flex-de in Ninko's spot. Put Ogletree at that olb spot. Improved your team speed at two positions.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans should draft this kid. Team him up with Cush on the inside. And play Whitney Mercilus more. Add some explosiveness to a front 7 that right now has only JJ as a game breaker.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my concern.

He reminds me of a more physical Zach Brown. Last year, when I studied Zach Brown I said no thank you. I didn't want anything to do with him. His tools were incredible, but he looked like the softest LB I've ever seen.

Then he goes to the Titans, and looks phenomenal. Arguably the 2nd best LB from this draft class the way he played to end the season.

So I'm afraid to judge Oggletree just yet bc while his run fits are very alarming, as is his tackling technique, I just saw Zach Brown light it up so maybe I'm overrating those concerns.

Oggletree is in btw Daryl Washington and Zach Brown as far as skill set is concerned, based on what I've seen so far.

He's an intriguing prospect.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Here's my concern.

He reminds me of a more physical Zach Brown. Last year, when I studied Zach Brown I said no thank you. I didn't want anything to do with him. His tools were incredible, but he looked like the softest LB I've ever seen.

Then he goes to the Titans, and looks phenomenal. Arguably the 2nd best LB from this draft class the way he played to end the season.

So I'm afraid to judge Oggletree just yet bc while his run fits are very alarming, as is his tackling technique, I just saw Zach Brown light it up so maybe I'm overrating those concerns.

Oggletree is in btw Daryl Washington and Zach Brown as far as skill set is concerned, based on what I've seen so far.

He's an intriguing prospect.
This is why it's bad to polarize players one way or another. Too often the argument is either "he's great" or "he has flaws and, therefore, sucks."

All players have flaws. It's up to a coaching staff to minimize those, and up to the player to work on developing ways to work around them. Ogletree has flaws, but he's also got a very valuable set of skills. There are ways you can protect him in the run game. There's a very realistic chance that his best football is in front of him. He's only been a linebacker for two years.TBH, re-watching the UGA defense, I've been more unimpressed with their DL play than anything.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed is everything in the NFL.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
This is why it's bad to polarize players one way or another. Too often the argument is either "he's great" or "he has flaws and, therefore, sucks."

All players have flaws. It's up to a coaching staff to minimize those, and up to the player to work on developing ways to work around them. Ogletree has flaws, but he's also got a very valuable set of skills. There are ways you can protect him in the run game. There's a very realistic chance that his best football is in front of him. He's only been a linebacker for two years.TBH, re-watching the UGA defense, I've been more unimpressed with their DL play than anything.
I always felt that physicality and instincts aren't something you can teach though. And if you have poor tackling technique, I don't expect you to develop that in the NFL bc they simply don't teach it anymore.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always felt that physicality and instincts aren't something you can teach though. And if you have poor tackling technique, I don't expect you to develop that in the NFL bc they simply don't teach it anymore.
A lot of what gets described as "instincts" for linebackers though, is just teaching them how to read keys. From what I can tell, Georgia just had him reading back flow to try and get him to play fast. The problem with reading back flow is that if you don't get a clear picture, you get stuck in the mud, false-stepping everywhere and you get blocked and washed out.

Question is how long will it take/will he ever learn to read the OL, or is he just gonna be a backfield reading freelancer his whole career?

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
A lot of what gets described as "instincts" for linebackers though, is just teaching them how to read keys. From what I can tell, Georgia just had him reading back flow to try and get him to play fast. The problem with reading back flow is that if you don't get a clear picture, you get stuck in the mud, false-stepping everywhere and you get blocked and washed out.

Question is how long will it take/will he ever learn to read the OL, or is he just gonna be a backfield reading freelancer his whole career?
And that's something none of us will know. We don't have access to the resources or information to find out that answer.

It also depends on his intelligence. Some guys are just stupid.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that's something none of us will know. We don't have access to the resources or information to find out that answer.

It also depends on his intelligence. Some guys are just stupid.
Intelligence is as important as physical ability in the NFL. Easier to coach up smart than stupid.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4-3 WLB is his best/only spot in the NFL imo.
What about Mike in Kiffin's scheme?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
What about Mike in Kiffin's scheme?
He would, but no way the Boys draft him. Lee and Carter are two very good LB's that just got hurt. If I had to say Lee going to be MLB and Carter as a WLB for the Boys.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He would, but no way the Boys draft him. Lee and Carter are two very good LB's that just got hurt. If I had to say Lee going to be MLB and Carter as a WLB for the Boys.
The only thing is they're the only 2 LBs currently on the roster that transition, having been a 3-4 team for so long we're not really stockpiled with LBs who can play in space.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
The only thing is they're the only 2 LBs currently on the roster that transition, having been a 3-4 team for so long we're not really stockpiled with LBs who can play in space.
I wouldn't sleep on Albright at SLB I think he has enough athleticism to drop into coverage and is very good going forward. I think Carter has enough bulk to play on the strong side if need be as well if they are intent on drafting a WLB which could be the plan considering they would have drafted Bobby Wagner if not for trading the pick to go get Mo.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can definitely play in the NFL but I don't know what position he'll play.

He's best suited in a 2-gap scheme like Seattle's where he could play the Bobby Wagner role.

And his pure skillset is that of a strong-side 3-4 OLB but I don't know if a team would want to work on him rushing the passer. But his athleticism and reach is that of a good pass rusher. And he can definitely cover TEs.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Thomas Davis.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash28Dash34 View Post
Reminds me of Thomas Davis.
Thats a good move with the same school, both starting out at saftey and both great atheltes. The big diffrence is that Davis never played OLB in college and Alec played it for 2 years.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its funny, everyone rips Te'o for ND getting gashed by Alabama's run game, but Minter and Ogletree's defenes got gashed for 6 ypc too.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Its funny, everyone rips Te'o for ND getting gashed by Alabama's run game, but Minter and Ogletree's defenes got gashed for 6 ypc too.
Ogletree and Minter didn't finish second in the Heisman voting, let's not turn this into another Te'o thread. All eyes were on him and he got beat on harder than he beat himself every night to a man's voice.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ogletree and Minter didn't finish second in the Heisman voting, let's not turn this into another Te'o thread. All eyes were on him and he got beat on harder than he beat himself every night to a man's voice.
Great, this is a draft thread and people have used it to lower Te'o's draft stock. This is a thread about a MLB projected to go in the 1st round and compete with Ogletree as the first one taken. Minter is right on there heels. I'm just saying, if you are going to rip one, you have to rip all 3. All of them had good DLs in front of them too, so none has a better excuse than the other. Te'o is the one that Bama ran away from the most though.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Great, this is a draft thread and people have used it to lower Te'o's draft stock. This is a thread about a MLB projected to go in the 1st round and compete with Ogletree as the first one taken. Minter is right on there heels. I'm just saying, if you are going to rip one, you have to rip all 3. All of them had good DLs in front of them too, so none has a better excuse than the other. Te'o is the one that Bama ran away from the most though.
Stop it. Just stop. Nothing anyone says on a draft forum has ANY bearing on a player's draft stock. None. Zero. None of us are that important.

No one is gonna take your post seriously if you say things like that. Your point is warranted, but no one will read or accept it when you say the bolded.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Stop it. Just stop. Nothing anyone says on a draft forum has ANY bearing on a player's draft stock. None. Zero. None of us are that important.

No one is gonna take your post seriously if you say things like that. Your point is warranted, but no one will read or accept it when you say the bolded.
Settle down. I never said it would, I'm simply pointing out that we are all here to talk about the draft. I don't know what your problem is.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop it. Just stop. None. Zero.
Come on mom.......

The part of this thread that cracks me up is people saying that he's bad at shedding blocks so he shouldn't be a 3-4 ILB, like nobody blocks the 4-3 MLB.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

The day of 255/260 LB is over unless they're freaks in the movement department. The NFL is a speed game. I'll give you two players from last years draft Zach Brown and Lavonte David. Everyone knocked their take on skills. But these two made play after play in the run game because they beat people to the spot with speed.

I as a Bucs fan would love to see us draft him and play him with David
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think shedding blocks is overrated. Not many if any LBs can actually shed a block from a 300 lb OLmen. Those LBs don't exist anymore really bc the hammer ILB who was a run stuffing specialist doesn't really exist (outside of Brandon Spikes).

It's important to slip blocks. Bc if the OL puts their hands on the LB he's done 99% of the time, and that includes Patrick Willis. But your ability to slip blocks, knife through traffic and beat OLmen to the gap, that's important.