Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-01-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default White Sox/Cubs/Indians(for 51) thread

Welcome to the Bears forum Baseball thread...

White Sox > Indians > Cubs.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Cubs will win the NL Central.

I also think the National League is a joke and should be sent to Canada though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

If the NL is a complete joke, how did a representative of them win the World Series?

biotch! :D

Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea that was easily the most ridiculous world series ever.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
yea that was easily the most ridiculous world series ever.
It was a fluke how the Cardinals, a team who squeeked into the playoffs beat the Tigers, who like 51 said, shat down their legs.

The AL is kinda like the AFC in Football.

Who else is with me that Detroit falls off the table this year? Ok maybe not off the table but I think they finish 3rd in the Central behind the Indians and ChiSox. Being without Kenny Rogers for what, 3 months is going to hurt. I don't care who the think can step in, Kenny is still a very good pitcher IMHO.

If Prior can sprout a dick this season and step up, the Cubs are going to be goooooood. Their hitting is insane, I like their bullpen, and their pitching is ok. But it's got a shot to be very solid. Depends a lot on what Lilly, Hill, and Marquis can do.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
If the NL is a complete joke, how did a representative of them win the World Series?

biotch! :D
Because Detroit totally choked. They should've swept the friggin Cardinals, especially with how good they were playing at the time. Major choke job.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
It was a fluke how the Cardinals, a team who squeeked into the playoffs beat the Tigers, who like 51 said, shat down their legs.

The AL is kinda like the AFC in Football.

Who else is with me that Detroit falls off the table this year? Ok maybe not off the table but I think they finish 3rd in the Central behind the Indians and ChiSox. Being without Kenny Rogers for what, 3 months is going to hurt. I don't care who the think can step in, Kenny is still a very good pitcher IMHO.

If Prior can sprout a dick this season and step up, the Cubs are going to be goooooood. Their hitting is insane, I like their bullpen, and their pitching is ok. But it's got a shot to be very solid. Depends a lot on what Lilly, Hill, and Marquis can do.
a lot depends on what Wade Miller can do as well... if he can be what he was before his injuries... he could be terrific for us.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't think the twins will be a top 3 team in the AL central? That's blasphemy.

Anyways, the Cubs need Hill and Marquis/Miller/Lilly to step up, with 3 quality starters i believe the Cubbies can win the Central easy.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good first start for Contreras. I'm telling you, this White Sox rotation is going to do some damage this year.

;)

Old 04-02-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Good first start for Contreras. I'm telling you, this White Sox rotation is going to do some damage this year.

;)
Jose did look pretty bad, but it wasn't as bad as the box-score would show. He had a very good spring. Today his splitter wasn't splitting and he was missing his spots with the fastball. I think he will rebound nicely next week. Don't forget there are 161 games left in the season ;)

Old 04-02-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Any team can beat any other team on any given day... I don't care if it is the Pirates vs. the Yankees in a 4 game set at Yankee Stadium. The Pirates could still sweep them, IMO. It all depends on if the ball bounces your way or not.

Like for the Superbowl, did any of you think we had no shot vs. the Colts? I hope not, because that game was for the Bears taking, but they mainly blew it.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

This is just example 1 out of 162 of my "why the White Sox starting pitching will keep them out of the playoffs".

Two young guys out of the bullpen (after the crummy guy with pitches) looked pretty good though. I like the big guy they got from the Royals if we can get control of his stuff. He reminds me of Scott Elarton of a few years ago.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:

;)
They don't need to do damage, they need to give us consistent starts. Our hitting can do their part and we have a solid bullpen.

Borowski would scare the hell out of me if he was our closer, yikes. He throws some meat pitches.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

NL Central is wide open. There is only one team that can not win it. I'm still staying with the Cardinals but not by much.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
They don't need to do damage, they need to give us consistent starts. Our hitting can do their part and we have a solid bullpen.

Borowski would scare the hell out of me if he was our closer, yikes. He throws some meat pitches.
I'm not crazy about Borowski, but he's the best we could do on the Free Agent market. I imagine we'll win a lot of games by 3-4 runs anyway.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
This is just example 1 out of 162 of my "why the White Sox starting pitching will keep them out of the playoffs".

Two young guys out of the bullpen (after the crummy guy with pitches) looked pretty good though. I like the big guy they got from the Royals if we can get control of his stuff. He reminds me of Scott Elarton of a few years ago.
Masset got off to a shakey start early allowing 3 runs, but settled down after that. Sisco looked great. And Aardsma looked real good also. Our downfall last year was the Bullpen.

And about the rotation, if we can get 3 guys to consistantly pitch good, we will be fine. Contreras will rebound nicely, as I have said before. Buehrle looked great the other day in ST, and he might return to form. Vazquez is due for a break out year. Garland, well, is Garland. We need to hope Danks lives up to that ace potential.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Chalk up another one for the good guys.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Chalk up another one for the good guys.
That umpire sucked ass 51...Jesus, talk about squeezing pitchers (for both sides of course).

Anywho nice catch to end the game. It's only fitting that Pods robs that one guy in the 9th, and then Crede gets robbed to end the game. Oh well. Not to upset about it.

The Mavs started 0-4 and have the best record in the league right now. The KC Royals were incredible 3 years ago the first half of the season and totally fell off. Just got to get that pitching back, and it all starts with throwing strikes, limiting walks, and attacking hitters.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lilly Pitched really well today. I was impressed with the way he was working the strikezone. Too bad Dempster actually pitched well, I can't wait til Howry takes closing duties. The Cubbies "great" offense has not done well but they have been a bit more patient this year.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

finally got one, even though we made very unimpressive Jeremy Sowers look like Cy Young.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Jeremy Sowers is better than any starting pitcher for the Tribe or the White Sox. He was off today, I've seen him much much better. He had the best ERA besides Roger in the 2nd half of the season, he's just not talked about much.

By the way, that was a really lame way to end the game. Granted they would have eventually won anyway, but stand in the ******* batters box or they should bean him in the face next time.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

From what I saw of Sowers, he looked like a little league pitcher. Topping out at 86 with his fastball, had a very mediocre change, and his breaking ball was just a roller. As a tribe fan, you better hope he was "off" because if he pitches like that all the time, he isn't gonna last long in the majors.

Also, that was a *** way to end. I was even pissed. If that was me at bat, I wouldn't care if I just got drilled in the head. I'd want to earn the game winning RBI.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
From what I saw of Sowers, he looked like a little league pitcher. Topping out at 86 with his fastball, had a very mediocre change, and his breaking ball was just a roller. As a tribe fan, you better hope he was "off" because if he pitches like that all the time, he isn't gonna last long in the majors.

Also, that was a *** way to end. I was even pissed. If that was me at bat, I wouldn't care if I just got drilled in the head. I'd want to earn the game winning RBI.
It's not like Sowers came out of nowhere, he started 15 games last year with 2 complete game shutouts and a 3.53 ERA. He doesn't have elite stuff, but that's so vastly overrated anyway. For as much as you think "insert mediocre pitcher from the White Sox" is a great young talent to say that Sowers won't last long in the majors is laughable. He was a top 10 pick, and is more highly ranked than any young pitcher the White Sox have in their system.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
It's not like Sowers came out of nowhere, he started 15 games last year with 2 complete game shutouts and a 3.53 ERA. He doesn't have elite stuff, but that's so vastly overrated anyway. For as much as you think "insert mediocre pitcher from the White Sox" is a great young talent to say that Sowers won't last long in the majors is laughable. He was a top 10 pick, and is more highly ranked than any young pitcher the White Sox have in their system.
I just watched some highlights of Sowers from last year, and he reminds me a bit of Buehrle. But he has a "funkier" motion. Their fastballs are about the same, and they both rely on their location. Sowers has a bit better breaking ball, but Buehrle has a better change and also has a cutter. Sowers is never going to be a stud. With the success Buehrle has had so far in his career, Sowers has hope.

Also, I said if he pitches like he did today, he won't last long in the league. I never saw him pitch before, and today he looked like the only thing that he had was a corkey deliever that unbalanced some hitters, so don't try and act like some genius know it all and try and try and say I am practically an idiot, a-hole.

And how can you say Sowers is soo much better then everyone on both the White Sox and Indians? Now that is laughable. And I can name dozens of players who were drafted in the top 10 who suck. Gavin Floyd was drated 4th overall. And has much better stuff then Sower. But he so far has not succeeded in the ML lever, so far in his young career.

Also, you act like Buehrle is a horrible pitcher, but he was a top pitcher in baseball for a couple years. And CC is much better then Sowers. Jon Garland has won 36 games these past two years. And I would also rather have Vazquez over Sowers. Vazquez has some of the best stuff in the league, and is due for a cy young contender-esque year.

And as far as prospects go, some I would rather have then Sowers include: Jon Danks, Gio Gonzalez, Adam Russel, and Charlie Haeger.

Can Sowers succeed in the majors? Probably. But will he be this elite player? I doubt it.

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 04-05-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Of course you would rather have those players, you've been drastically overrating the White Sox farm talent all year. I said Sowers is higher ranked, by people that are objective and know these things.