Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Expectations for Players

There's not much going on right now so I figured I'd do this and see what yall are thinkin.

For Willis I'm expecting around 1300 yards on a little +/- 300 carries, giving him around 4.25 yards per carry. For McNair, I'm expecting his yards per attempt goes up at least half a yard. That doesn't seem big at all but it is when you consider he's should through about 400-450 passes. I'm expecting Terry to beat out anyone we bring into camp, whether it be a vet or rookie, at the RT spot and I'm expecting Chester to overtake either Vincent or Flynn late in the season. I expect Williams to be used a little more, along with Clayton, who should be in that 70 catch/1000 yard range. I think Heap will stay consistant to what he did last year, and I'm thinking Mason will get less catches.

On D I think Jarret Johnson will somewhat fill the void left by Thomas and get around 75 tackles and 6 sacks. I think Pryce should be around the 7-9 sack range and Ngata should continue to develop his pass rush(although that doesn't exactly equate to more sacks). Everyone else I'm expecting a little bit less than 2006 because they were unbelievably dominant.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chester may be able to overtake Flynn now.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Willis Im expecting 900 yards and 3 or 4 TDs but as we all know I think he is drastically overrated.

I expect Clayton and D Will to be our leading receivers......wait McNair is throwing so our leading receiver will be Heap since McNair cant go downfield anymore.

Ngata wont be statiscally amazing but he'll be the defensive MVP by keeping blockers off Ray, and Bart allowing them to be the best LBs in football!!!

Dan Cody will steal the starting job from JJ.

David Pittman will be the next Devard Darling a 3rd rd pick who is inactive every week.

Dawan Landry will be a Pro Bowler and will have another monster year.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think one thing all the ravens fans on this board can agree on is that Ngata will be a total beast next season.
One more thing that I'm hoping for is a little more consistency as a passrusher from Suggs. Hopefully he can be in the 12 sack range.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ngata will really show himself as a elite DT, he was a stud towards the end of the season, he has potential to be a perenial pro bowler.

I think and hope D-will gets 30 catches and 5 TDs.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think Ngata will really show himself as a elite DT, he was a stud towards the end of the season, he has potential to be a perenial pro bowler.

I think and hope D-will gets 30 catches and 5 TDs.
If this team does what is right which is let the best players play and not cator (spelling?) to Derrick Mason's bruised ego then D Will should have alot more than 30 catches dammit!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-01-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree, I remember reading in some magainze the CB said that D-will is the hardest to cover, I remember I bashed the pick and said we should have taken Mike Hass. (yea yea that was preety stupid but it went to show that I should watch the prospects before I say something like that)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

When we took D Will I was doing backflips, and I got a phone call cause friday before the draft I kept tellin one of my friends we should take Ngata and D Will early, because I am a big Oregon fan. He laughed it off and thought I was crazy.....well who's laughing now??!!!!

D Will is the best WR we have he will eventually overtake Clayton and be the true #1, and remember who said it!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I gotcha that won't surprise me he is a beast.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well I think DWill is going to be a good WR for us but not better then Clayton. Ngata is going to be a beast this year and allow Kelly Gregg to have more one on one situations and help him to have more of an impact on the running game.

McGhee I think will be a beast this year, if the OL comes together early in TC and becomes a strong unit like it did last year. When they were getting a beating about not opening holes for Jamal and then Jamal showed HE was the problem not the Line..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still amazed at all the teams that passed on Demetrius Williams. I remember sittitng there watching day 1 go by and being shocked that Williams was still on the board. We really lucked out with getting that guy in the 4th round.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the players to play hard and do their best week in and week out.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i expect-

Ngata to get a much better pass rush
T-sizzle will step up and get 12-13 sacks
D-Will will overtake Mason for the starting WR
Landry will make the Pro Bowl
Samari will have a comeback
Willis McGahee will have 1300+ yards and 8+ TD's]

Next year will probably be our last chance at the big game and i hope the players realize that and play as dominate as last year on D and our coaching staff will give Boller a chance at the starting job because Mcnair is 34 and has no arm strength. I also think the departure of A.D. wont hurt us that much because it will force other players (T-sizzle & B-Scott) to step up.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote