Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets remember the question is who is the OROTY not who is more developed, who does more, or who you think is better in your opinion. I would be thoroughly shocked if the Skins finish at least 7-9 and RGIII doesn't win based on the media and coaches opinion of him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck's team is winning, which is a huge bonus. But playing in the AFC South is different than playing in the NFC East. I should say playing in the AFC overall is different than the NFC, which seems a lot tougher. I think Griffin III at this point is more deserving. The team is only 5-6, but I think they've had a tougher road and Griffin III is still putting up fabulous numbers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I think it's Griffin easily. They have both played very well, no real advantage there. Luck's team has a better record, but only slightly. Griffin has much better stats, and that's what puts him at the top. Griffin has 3100 total yards and 22 total TDs to go with just 6 total turnovers. Luck has 3100 total yards and 17 TDs to go with 17 turnovers. Clear advantage to Griffin.

Actual production should be the most important factor for a rookie of the year award, and Griffin unquestionably beats Luck there.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So we can all agree it's between Luck and Russel Wilson, right? With Martin as a darkhorse.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was just about to say something to this effect.

I haven't watched much football lately, but last time I checked Russell Wilson was pretty useless.

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job getting the joke guys......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I was just about to say something to this effect.

I haven't watched much football lately, but last time I checked Russell Wilson was pretty useless.
You're pretty wrong about that. Unless you just mean you only paid attention during the first month of the season. He's had a very strong midseason, and the Seahawks offense is clicking with him under center.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
You're pretty wrong about that. Unless you just mean you only paid attention during the first month of the season. He's had a very strong midseason, and the Seahawks offense is clicking with him under center.
That's exactly what I mean. I've been out of touch with everything football for quite a while now.

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if Griffin regresses drastically like Newton has in year 2. Game film and defensive preparation will be much better for the Redskins offense next season.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Good job getting the joke guys......
Oh I got it, I just found that the other day and I've been wanting to use it since. This seemed like a good opportunity!

Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look forward to the next 12 years of this rivalry, and having the same tired rehashed arguments like we did with Brady and Manning.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh I got it, I just found that the other day and I've been wanting to use it since. This seemed like a good opportunity!
Oh well in that case....

Good job getting the joke SP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Oh well in that case....

Good job getting the joke SP.

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
That's exactly what I mean. I've been out of touch with everything football for quite a while now.
Well, consider yourself brought up to speed - Russell Wilson is looking solid lately. Given that the Seahawks might be the most dangerous team overall among those led by rookie quarterbacks and that Russell's play of late has only added to the offense, he deserves a mention in the conversation. I wouldn't give it to him if the vote were today, but he was leading all rookie QBs in touchdown passes despite the slow start (RGIII is at 16 now, after Dallas this week; Wilson has 15 and playing Miami in an hour) and is leading a playoff-contending team.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 11-25-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who is sanu?
I'm sorry, what were you saying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
It will be interesting to see if Griffin regresses drastically like Newton has in year 2. Game film and defensive preparation will be much better for the Redskins offense next season.

Newton hasn't regressed IMO. The problem is he hasn't really improved that much from his rookie season.

The Panthers poor record has more to do with their defense, ineffective run game and play calling than Newton pooping all over himself in his 2nd year as a pro.

It will be interesting to see if Wilson and Luck regress too in 2013.
(Don't marry Cam and RG3 together. They're more different than they are alike.)
Old 11-25-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Russell Wilson just hit his 15th pass in a row.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who is sanu? the guy who's playing a completely average game against the raiders?
the guy who already has more passing TD's than Osweiler will his whole career
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thead.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Russell Wilson is the new Josh Freeman.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After today I'd say Wilson with Luck a close 2nd.

RGIII needs to play balls out against the Giants on MNF just to keep pace with these guys.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how you can say Wilson over Luck. Wilson has a worse record, less total yards, less, total TDs, and is asked to do much less than Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Wilson has better stats than Luck, save for overall passing yardage. The Colts have only one more win than Seattle, and Luck also has twice as many INTs as Wilson(8 Ints v. 16 Ints.)

Statistically Wilson has outplayed Luck.

If you don't think Wilson is as much in the running for OROTY as any other player in the NFL, you aren't watching him play.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Wilson is even in the discussion for the award yet. In terms of where the hype is right now its all RG3 (at least going into this week not considering the 1:00 games). I think Luck is going to be the run away winner by the end of the year unless the Redskins make the playoffs. The Redskins are basically fighting with the Seahawks, Vikings, Bucs, Cowboys and Rams for the final wildcard spot (Chicago and Green Bay have the first one locked up as far as I'm concerned). Right now the Seahawks have the best record of that group (7-5), followed by the Bucs (6-5), Vikings (6-6), Rams (5-6-1) and then the Redskins and Cowboys (5-6). I posted this in the Week 13 thread but figured I'd toss it in here too.

There is no "the Colts have to make the playoffs for Luck to win" any more. They are 8-4 and going to the playoffs. There are only two teams who could even realistically take a wildcard spot from them (Bengals and Steelers, both 6-5 right now and if either loses today it becomes an even greater guarantee that the Colts make the playoffs) and only one of them will realistically be able to finish ahead of the Colts considering that the Bengals and Steelers play eachother in Week 16. The Colts will inevitably get a wildcard spot and likely the winner of the Steelers/Bengals game in Week 16 will get the other wildcard spot.

Luck is also going to break Peyton Mannings record for most yards in a season by a rookie in Week 14 as long as he passes for more than something like 130 yards and will in all likelihood finish the season closer to 5000 yards than 4000.

RG3 is flashy, but their teams aren't that far apart in terms of talent (you could probably argue in favour of either roster if you wanted to), and Luck is asked to do a lot more than RG3. Throw in the feel good story about playing for your coach who is battling cancer and I think even the media will flip over to Luck's side by the end of the year for the award.

edit. fixed some stuff.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 12-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't see how you can say Wilson over Luck. Wilson has a worse record, less total yards, less, total TDs, and is asked to do much less than Luck.
No he doesn't.

He does have less INTs though.

EDIT- wait I'm wrong on the TD's.....

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 12-02-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Closed Thread